Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 1500 Players in a Queue isn't enough to merit another server?

Default 1500 Players in a Queue isn't enough to merit another server?

Seems like enough to me
    Even free cost too much now

Shadowlander

If you are talking about Icewatch, no, it isnt. There are still servers of the same type at Medium pop, so get transferring.

As for NA, thats a different story. The only NA PvP server has queues, and every pve server is at full with short queues.

WTB new NA PvP asap please, and transfer locked.

I would imagine Trion is being very careful with new shards. At game release queues were insane. People *****ed. Shards were added. Not long after that, things settled down and some shards weren't very populated. Eventually shards were closed and the sky was falling. So yeah, I imagine they're trying to give it some time.
    Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I guess I'll be damned and do instead of damned and don't.

~Daglar

Soulwalker

Default Ressurection of Millrush PvE?

I believe it is about time to bring Millrush out of the trial only server status for, 1 - there is no more trials it is in the slogan, and 2 every server that is not trial is full, as Veteran (not patron) I believe it is time to bring at least one server back or even more to make the over population calm down.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

I know queues are not popular folks -- I feel your pain. I have gotten stuck in the queue today myself.

We continue to evaluate the situation.

~Daglar

Rift Disciple

Numbers are always high at the launch of something new, numbers usually settle. Launch nights are generally not a realistic representation. Frustrating, yes, but opening new shards too soon is also not ideal.
    Tiadann@Gelidra

The thing is, this is the opening day for all the F2P randoms to flood the game. In a week or two if queues are still over 30mins or so I would say we might get a new server. But, the cost of opening a new server is not worth it for one or two days of heavy traffic.
    4/4FT 5/5EE
    Nerva@Deepwood

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Seems like enough to me
    Once you get in transfer.

Telaran

The bummer I encountered was waiting for 2 hours+ then having the game error out on
    me and when I went to log back in - 4hour queue. Which is probably 5 or 6 cause my original 2
    hour queue was listed as a 1hour wait time

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nerva3x0 View Post
    The thing is, this is the opening day for all the F2P randoms to flood the game. In a week or two if queues are still over 30mins or so I would say we might get a new server. But, the cost of opening a new server is not worth it for one or two days of heavy traffic.
    I want to make sure people have the best experience possible. I know some are not getting /any/ experience right now.

But I need to remind folks that any new shards we open must go into another cluster. This means that they wont have cross shard dungeons/pvp/etc. It is not currently technically possible to fit more shards into the existing clusters as I understand it.

We are considering raising our existing server population caps - however we do not want to introduce to many potential problems.

~Daglar

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I know queues are not popular folks -- I feel your pain. I have gotten stuck in the queue today myself.

~Daglar
    Maybe if you'd work on fixing your game instead of playing it, you wouldn't have to deal with queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    Daglar got stuck in a queue at Starbucks. *thug life*
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Soulwalker

i cant understand a 1 or 2 day wait to change a server from PvE to PvP or to add another PvP server. What is really bothering me is what if someone gets DC'd. Do they go to the back of the line or do they automatically log back in.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Seems like enough to me
    They learned their lesson from launch. Remember back then?

They were Johnny on the Spot opening up servers the minute a queue so much as got one person in line. People were cheering! "Yay! Another server opened, woohoo! Trion you're the best!"

Then a few months later after the party, Trion had to clean up after the guests all left. They ended up having to shutdown tons.. well, not really shut down. Just kind of put in a coma.

The people left on those husks then said "Hey Trion, um... can we move now? Can you give us more people?" Well, after this initial rush of F2P folks.. there are NO more people to expect to rush in. This is last gasp time.

This is probably the last time anyone who ever wanted to try Rift is going to do so, and definitely the last time anyone who played it before is coming back to check it out. (given what's being shown at E3 and later)

I think they are trying to avoid that same thing so this time and being left with the expense of running comatose servers, people are just going to have to eat lines for a bit.

Soulwalker

Default Increase the cap

They did nothing to increase the cap of the servers since launch this is garbage you should have figured this would happen Trion....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast