+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Pay2win Currency Cap

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Toys View Post
    Think the point everyone is trying to say is why is there a cap in the first place on in game currency. It's like telling a player "Hey, welcome to the game, its free but in order to level past level 2, you must spend 5 bucks"
    Exactly. I just want them to shred some light on what they're thought process was. It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Minimum purchase, or use a REX, or collect loyalty granting items. 1500 loyalty.

~Daglar
    just confirmed in another post.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Xaa
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vesse View Post
    Favour being capped at 2k means you can't get the chest or the legs. Planarite is even worse.
    Cant use AH, cant whisper, cant get PVP stuff coz Favour is capped. Yet I have bought the game, and subbed for almost a year in the past... I think some people have wrong ideas how ingame shops should work.
    I think i'll take my money elswhere.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xaa View Post
    Cant use AH, cant whisper, cant get PVP stuff coz Favour is capped. Yet I have bought the game, and subbed for almost a year in the past... I think some people have wrong ideas how ingame shops should work.
    I think i'll take my money elswhere.
    If you bought the game YOU WILL GET IT. Just to make that clear. There's currently a backlog atm but that is getting fixed.

Telaran

Sorry for the double post but they have said that the CAP was not intended.

For anyone wondering, the cap is being increased.

Thanks!

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by OJCoxyy View Post
    Sorry for the double post but they have said that the CAP was not intended.

For anyone wondering, the cap is being increased.

Thanks!
    Plat cap is intended to be 2500 (to allow for the ability to buy REX from the AH if you so desire).

There is not supposed to be a favor cap, or a planarite cap like there is on live right now.

~Daglar

Soulwalker

Plat cap is intended to be 2500 (to allow for the ability to buy REX from the AH if you so desire).

There is not supposed to be a favor cap, or a planarite cap like there is on live right now.

~Daglar
    Ah, finally, so that means NO cap at ALL or higher cap was intended? (players like NUMBERS actually, like the ratio $/loyalty etc.)
    Last edited by Drazur; 06-12-2013 at 03:23 PM.

I'm sorry. Again I don't see the problem with Trion expecting people to buy stuff. Personally I think they are giving free players WAY too much with things like access to SL areas. They said it's free to play. It is. Is it free to be on the same level as people who have played in many cases for YEARS? No. And it really shouldn't be either. It's arguable whether the current caps are too low, personally I tend to agree though.

There are some things that need tweaking. But not nearly as many things as some people seem to think.

Edit: Woohoo, cleared up already
    Last edited by 2291; 06-12-2013 at 03:37 PM.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #24
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Drazur View Post
    Ah, finally, so that means NO cap at ALL or higher cap was intended? (players like NUMBERS actually, like the ratio $/loyalty etc.)
    No other currency caps were intended other than the plat value of 2500.

I've just overridden settings on the live servers. Those other caps should be completely gone.

~Daglar

I've just overridden settings on the live servers. Those other caps should be completely gone.

~Daglar
    Out of curiosity having 24+month vet rewards should let me not have a plat cap right....?

Soulwalker

~Daglar
    Well done, thank you

Soulwalker

~Daglar
    Thank you Daglar, I really appreciate the fact you answer that quickly, especially with such good news !

Soulwalker

~Daglar
    Thanks Daglar, I am very relieved that those caps are gone. Keep up the good work and thanks for keeping everyone informed.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by smoked View Post
    Out of curiosity having 24+month vet rewards should let me not have a plat cap right....?
    I believe its been stated that vets get a loyalty reward item that when used removes the plat cap. As for the AH, before anyone asks, yes they know about it and yes they are working on it. People really should check the Known Issues thread first BEFORE posting bugs like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2