+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: A grinding wall, AKA Storm Legion.

Plane Touched

Default A grinding wall, AKA Storm Legion.

Recently just hit 50 and the dungeons have ramped up considerably which is all great and dany. How ever, if you try to quest out in there. Good gosh it feels like nothing but grinding. Kill 20 of these, 20 of those..get not even half a bubble of XP. Then the zones them selves You seem to have walls put up just fore the sole purpose of being a wall and making your time longer.

The game was great pre-50, quests and XP moved pretty quickly, now that I"m in the Storm Legion zones. I have problems staying logged into the game because it is so much grinding and let's face it. Boring!

Way's it can be improved? Straight forward nerf XP needed to hit a level so you feel like you are making some progress because right now it feels like your stabbing at a concrete wall with a plastic spoon. Secondly implement flying mounts. Give us More freedom in traveling not less. The Storm Legion zones thanks to no one really being in them is over crowded with mobs and it's dismount, dismount, dismount. When your trying to find that port for the zone. I never did play Aion but I heard it was a grind fest from hell..part of me thinks that is what Trion did with Storm Legion. Loved game pre-50, hard to stay logged in post 50.

Shield of Telara

Do the quests, as you do them the carnage quests will also be completed, and xp does move extremely fast. IA is also good.
    Last edited by Hydron; 06-07-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Soulwalker

I agree. The leveling experience from 50-60 is pretty terrible. The quest themselves are horrible....kill x of this mob fetch this etc. There are no fun engaging quests except the dreamworld ones. Overall I like Rift, I really enjoy the endgame. My fear is that we will lose alot of the new blood in the 50's due to pure boredom. I mean they have never seen Rift's end game to know the grind is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colerain View Post
    I agree. The leveling experience from 50-60 is pretty terrible. The quest themselves are horrible....kill x of this mob fetch this etc. There are no fun engaging quests except the dreamworld ones. Overall I like Rift, I really enjoy the endgame. My fear is that we will lose alot of the new blood in the 50's due to pure boredom. I mean they have never seen Rift's end game to know the grind is worth it.
    natural selection at work..lol..but really no one liked leveling from 50 to 60, you just need to put your head down and power through like everyone else, it took me about 36 hours to go from 50 to 60 so its not really that bad.
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

Yes, we know, the grind sucks. No, we aren't getting flying mounts for various reasons. Yes, we all complained about the XP grinds. Do a lot of Instant Adventures and Dailies, including WFs to ramp up the XP significantly. The Kill X for Y quests you automatically pick up that you're complaining about are the Carnage quests and yes, we all hated them too and felt like they were cheap filler so you're not alone in that. We hope they learned from that mistake. Actually if I recall, I think they did, as last I heard on the PTS the turn in requirements were lower but I could be mistaken.

Having said that, admittedly, Carnages are a decent way to level up your Butchering/Foraging skills as you go, as much as I hate to admit it.

Don't miss the "Story" quests though- there are some *fantastic* ones in there. I won't spoil it by telling you any of them. You have to go find the chains for yourself!
    Last edited by ilex011; 06-07-2013 at 10:41 AM.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Plane Touched

This grind is just horrible, you said it takes 36 hours to go from 50 to 60..I can barely stand to log in for ten minutes now due to the sheer lack of interest. The game from 1-50 is actually fun. You see progress and you keep moving foward. Now that I'm 51 it seems I'm getting no where fast. Why they thought it was best to go from great game to grindy as hell. I do not know, at least won't be paying for it come the 12th.

Rift Chaser

Carnages get dull after a while, yes. But, they are good for the sourcestones, which can be used to upgrade your sigil/source engine. That will help your dps/survivability, and also kill the carnages quicker.

That being said, do the story quests, most will give you a piece of gear, if not several. Also, they open up the portals. Find the dailies in an area after the story chain is done. Those usually reward a lot of xp. The sourcewell dailies help your rep, the xp is not great, but ok.

I agree that it takes a lot of time to run around - buy/make some riding chaps. 10% faster mounted speed. It does seem as if Trion intended for ppl to be in several areas at any given level. So far, in my experience, staying in one spot slows leveling down.

Quote Originally Posted by Morcelu View Post
    This grind is just horrible, you said it takes 36 hours to go from 50 to 60..I can barely stand to log in for ten minutes now due to the sheer lack of interest. The game from 1-50 is actually fun. You see progress and you keep moving foward. Now that I'm 51 it seems I'm getting no where fast. Why they thought it was best to go from great game to grindy as hell. I do not know, at least won't be paying for it come the 12th.
    it took me 36 hours, you apparently will take much longer :/
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

Ascendant

Recently just hit 50 and the dungeons have ramped up considerably which is all great and dany. How ever, if you try to quest out in there. Good gosh it feels like nothing but grinding. Kill 20 of these, 20 of those..get not even half a bubble of XP. Then the zones them selves You seem to have walls put up just fore the sole purpose of being a wall and making your time longer.

The game was great pre-50, quests and XP moved pretty quickly, now that I"m in the Storm Legion zones. I have problems staying logged into the game because it is so much grinding and let's face it. Boring!

Way's it can be improved? Straight forward nerf XP needed to hit a level so you feel like you are making some progress because right now it feels like your stabbing at a concrete wall with a plastic spoon. Secondly implement flying mounts. Give us More freedom in traveling not less. The Storm Legion zones thanks to no one really being in them is over crowded with mobs and it's dismount, dismount, dismount. When your trying to find that port for the zone. I never did play Aion but I heard it was a grind fest from hell..part of me thinks that is what Trion did with Storm Legion. Loved game pre-50, hard to stay logged in post 50.
    nope you are wrong

Ascendant

you can have the same game from 50-60 as 1-50... its all up to you...

I dunno, maybe I'm just odd but I haven't really felt like things have been "grinding" in SL. Having not leveled a character from 1-50 in over two years, I can't say how it compares to that experience, but as I recall it wasn't a quick hop-and-skip to 50. I remember having to do a LOT of quests to level up, and was quite happy about finally reaching 50.

Yeah, carnage quests are kind of "filler", but at the same time I kind of enjoy finding new ones. "Ooh, haven't killed these before. Pewpew!" The SL story quests are pretty neat, and I've been enjoying them quite a bit.

I've been back for about two weeks now, playing anywhere from 2-5 hours a night, and my four 50's are now 54, 54, 53 and 52. So I've been averaging about a level a night, overall. Which I think is pretty good for the "final ten levels". Haven't touched a single dungeon yet, but I'm hoping to change that soon.

Way's it can be improved? Straight forward nerf XP needed to hit a level so you feel like you are making some progress because right now it feels like your stabbing at a concrete wall with a plastic spoon. Secondly implement flying mounts.
    Apparently you mistook Rift for WoW.

Please remember that Storm Legion was an expac. If players paid for "expansion", and then leveled from 50 to 60 in a day, they would rightly be pissed. The leveling experience from 50-60 was modeled on that from 1-50, and there is little reason to adjust that now.
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

Ascendant

I enjoyed the grind to 60. You guys are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I enjoyed the grind to 60. You guys are weird.
    I just wanted more story.
    Last edited by ilex011; 06-07-2013 at 11:22 AM. Reason: stop making sense
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

My god, it's not that bad. I just came back a little bit ago and have been leveling through SL with no problem, and *omg* having fun while doing it.

Every expansion in every game had slower leveling than the originals. The up side is that my butchering and flower picking are maxed at 375 and I am only level 56 at this point.

Sure, the carnage quests might get boring but it's still enjoyable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast