+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Elrar

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ascend-a-friend post F2P: How's that work?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default Ascend-a-friend post F2P: How's that work?

Simple enough question: Do we get credited for new players if they buy a month of Patron status, or what?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

There is no ascend a friend post F2P.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    There is no ascend a friend post F2P.
    Yes there is
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

I also wondered this. Maybe they have to level past 20? or gain some loyalty?

I'm 99% sure that Brand_Guru already answered this. It's staying the same as-is (with potentially removing the currency boxes for additional friends), your referrals must become patrons.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinmans View Post
    Yes there is
    Not when all my friends play rift. Then I'd be ascending a stranger.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    I'm 99% sure that Brand_Guru already answered this. It's staying the same as-is (with potentially removing the currency boxes for additional friends), your referrals must become patrons.
    But what will your ascended friends need to do to count as ascended. Before it was buy the game, but they cant really do that now.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Ascend-a-Friend works exactly like it does today - except now you don't need a subscription and can get FREE Patron Status from your friends if you recruit enough. (And of course the three awesome rewards)

You just need to get your friends to become Patrons (subscribers) - once they do you start unlocking the rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Ascend-a-Friend works exactly like it does today - except now you don't need a subscription and can get FREE Patron Status from your friends if you recruit enough. (And of course the three awesome rewards)

You just need to get your friends to become Patrons (subscribers) - once they do you start unlocking the rewards!
    Thank you for clearing it up

Ascend-a-Friend works exactly like it does today

(snip)

For what amount of time do they need to become Patrons? 3 days, 1 month, etc?
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Awesome!

(Although I *still* want a way to get AAF benefits for accounts which predate the AAF program, because as-is, the reward for getting my spouse signed up before launch is that we can't summon each other.)
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Why don't just verify if they spend a certain amount of money in the shop OR for subscription? (it should be easy with the loyalty system...)

There is no difference for Trion if our friends buy 15 of credits or if they took one month of subscription, but with the Ascend-a-friend like today it will be very difficult for us to get rewards, because in the Rift's F2P system, it will be more easy to convince our friends to buy credits than to take one month subscription...

I hope you will make this little change, it should be more in line with the F2P system.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Sounds like Amway...
    Beware the Penguin...

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    Why don't just verify if they spend a certain amount of money in the shop OR for subscription? (it should be easy with the loyalty system...)

There is no difference for Trion if our friends buy 15 of credits or if they took one month of subscription, but with the Ascend-a-friend like today it will be very difficult for us to get rewards, because in the Rift's F2P system, it will be more easy to convince our friends to buy credits than to take one month subscription...

I hope you will make this little change, it should be more in line with the F2P system.
    We'll likely eventually give more ways to earn credit towards Ascend-a-Friend rewards, however, we could only get so much done in time for the release of Free-to-Play next week

Some things will just have to wait - but if our history serves as any guide you should know we fully intend to continue iterating on this & any new feature we add!

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    (Although I *still* want a way to get AAF benefits for accounts which predate the AAF program, because as-is, the reward for getting my spouse signed up before launch is that we can't summon each other.)
    I have seen you post this before and I agree, it must be frustrating. Hope they fix it for you

+ Reply to Thread