+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What items with power sold in the ingame shop mean for the future

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Phoenix View Post
    since someone asked, what exactly is won by buying items from the shop:

you win a shortcut to potentially making your character stronger by paying money, instead of doing content.

That shortcut, even if it seems trivial now, will likely not stop at experts. When a new raiding tier is relased, old raiding gear could be sold in the shop ( since it's no longer BIS) and guilds could use that to fill in missing slots giving them an edge over the competition in raiding.
    The real title to F2P is P2W no doubt about it, just look at the "Patron Rewards" that's a direct P2W model

Well apparently Daglar is working on removing that relic trinket from the bag.

At least he's aware of it..

I believe him when he says the game will not be pay2win.

He has kept his word about everything else he has said.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post

that's good news, for now.
    still, i am not a fan of rng-bags with epics.

will the keys be available from normal gameplay ( like in gw2) or just from plex?

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #34
    Rift Team

I actually wasn't aware of that one until now!

Trinkets in those chests are a sticky wicket because they are full stat trinkets. We'll probably be buffing some additional trinkets in the game as adjusting how that random loot made is... way way way harder than you'd think.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I actually wasn't aware of that one until now!

Trinkets in those chests are a sticky wicket because they are full stat trinkets. We'll probably be buffing some additional trinkets in the game as adjusting how that random loot made is... way way way harder than you'd think.

~Daglar
    I'll let you guys worry about that, while I concentrate on growing the worlds largest tomato.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotique View Post
    "A race against what exactly?"

So 'Everyone' in the game is trying to out do Coriolis? Are you for real? Most people in the game couldn't give a 2nd hand rats dinner about guilds that are lower or so far higher in progression than their own level .. we compete against guilds that are similar, not everyone else & even then it's only if guilds can be bothered about being that competitive.

Have your raid req's fallen in the past year since I have raided with you guys. Do you just let anyone in with nice gear regardless of their output & awareness? Do you often turn people away that do well & would compliment your raid?

Not once have any of you allowed anyone to be carried through & you would know as well as any top tier/end game raider that you can't carry anyone through end game progression. But maybe your guild has really hit bottom tier since the days of ID *shrugs*
    What did i just read? You sound pretty mad about something buddy.
    Nope.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Maybe, but Sonic will still defeat your evil schemes, even if he doesn't buy anything!
    I hate that hedgehog.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #38

Just updated the trinkets that come from lock boxes internally. Their power should be significantly reduced after the next PTS build goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Just updated the trinkets that come from lock boxes internally. Their power should be significantly reduced after the next PTS build goes live.
    it's like misun, robotnik and i called forth our rings, combined their power and summoned captain archonix to fight the pay to win pollution.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    What did i just read? You sound pretty mad about something buddy.
    Don't flatter yourself .. I was pointing out that when I was raiding with Coriolis we didn't carry anyone through. That gear was never the issue except resist gear, otherwise if you didn't pull your weight, you were out which cannot be affected by P2P.

Only reason I stopped playing in Cori is my GFX packed it in on Laethy's so no, you read too much into my post without actually understanding it.

So here is a bit of colour to the picture ..

P2P will never affect you as top end guilds require people that can play through mechanics & also deliver the goods .. not just have gear that looks pretty.

Progression is not a race but for a few guilds (like hardly a handfull) as hardly anyone is at the top level to bother competing & to get in, you need a dps check, not just a gear check.

All your points are moot so sit down!
    Last edited by Necrotique; 06-06-2013 at 04:44 AM.
    misunderstanding the nature of statistics: (e.g., the majority of people in the United States die in hospitals, therefore, stay out of them.) "Statistics show that of those who contract the habit of eating, very few survive." -- Wallace Irwin

Bollocks to all that say raiding is a race. There is a short list of guilds that compete for overall/world progression, otherwise it is an intraguild progression marathon.
    intraguild progression marathon.
    marathon
    mar·a·thon
    /ˈmarəˌTHän/
    Noun
    A long-distance running race, strictly one of 26 miles and 385 yards (42.195 km).

ummm...what?

Quote Originally Posted by JPopko View Post
    mar·a·thon
    /ˈmarəˌTHän/
    Noun
    A long-distance running race, strictly one of 26 miles and 385 yards (42.195 km).

ummm...what?
    Marathon has other definitions, not just one.
    Last edited by Rizaun; 06-06-2013 at 07:06 AM.
    WARNING - My posts may hurt the feelings of sensitive individuals.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by JPopko View Post
    mar·a·thon
    /ˈmarəˌTHän/
    Noun

ummm...what?
    As in a long winded contest that is primarily a race with oneself & a test of stamina as opposed to a sprint to the finish line like some people here would have us accept.

To some they want to sprint to the end, to most it is a case of personal achievements with like minded people.
    misunderstanding the nature of statistics: (e.g., the majority of people in the United States die in hospitals, therefore, stay out of them.) "Statistics show that of those who contract the habit of eating, very few survive." -- Wallace Irwin

Shadowlander

People are successfully raiding in blue expert gear now?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimm View Post
    People are successfully raiding in blue expert gear now?
    like i said, you have to be naive to think that this will stop at blue expert gear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast