+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Keep getting dropped from game

Soulwalker

Default Keep getting dropped from game

The first month I played I had absolutely zero drops and the client never crashed. In the last week and a half I am getting dumped out one-to-five times per day!! Trion really needs to increase capacity or they will lose the incoming F2P people as well as their current P2P customers.

Of course this is especially frustrating when you are on Uncle Stan's fishing missions as you lose all progress and have to go get the quest again!

Soulwalker

I think its a overall server issue. I have never been disconnected before and today I've dropped 4-5 times. It seems to be after about 15minutes or so almost like its doing a Idle Disconnect even though I'm playing.

Soulwalker

Same here i have been disconnected 5 times now . Hope everything is ok . Also
    when i click reconnect the game just freezes .

I've been having this problem for the past few days. The game freezing when I press PLAY at the loading screen and random disconnects even though my connection is great.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Soulwalker

Are you all playing / launching from Steam by chance?

It's the invasion of the F2P service. Brace yourselves!

-Orb

Soulwalker

I'm having this problem as well. Log in, play for a few minutes, then 'disconnected from server'. My internet connection is fine, as are other games. It seems to be specific to Rift.

And I'm not going through Steam.
    Last edited by kaosin; 06-05-2013 at 04:02 AM.

This just started happening to me this morning. Hopefully, the hotfix they are pushing out in 3hrs will fix this... It's currently unplayable with disconnects every 10-15min.

Getting it here, too. Go to hit Play, and the whole thing (except the mouse) seizes up. Was working normally last night.
    Last edited by Gamma Ray; 06-05-2013 at 04:03 AM.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

It's happening with me as well (no Steam connect), though it seems to happen MOST when I'm in one of my character's Moonshade dimension. Five or six times this morning I was disconnected trying to decorate. I gave up, switched to my main in Meridian, alt tabbed to post here and was disconnected again. It seems to be semi-random, though I wasn't disconnected AT ALL while questing yesterday, but decorating my dimension was fruitless with all the disconnects.

Rift Chaser

Here too.

This has been an issue for months now between 4am and 5am server time, due I expect to daily resets. But lately it can happen anytime.

Initially a "Disconnected From Server" message, followed by a lockup on attempted reconnect and eventually a "Server Mat Be Temporarily Unavailable" message.
    Rinse and repeat as frequently as every 10 mins.

Any suggestion as to a remedy would be welcome, but at least a Trion response that they are aware of the issue would be very encouraging.

There have been numerous threads over the last several months about this but none have attracted any Trion input.
    Last edited by Fiftyish; 06-05-2013 at 04:21 AM.

Rift Disciple

I have done bug reports on this several times over the past few months, and always got the reply that it could not be reproduced by Trion

Rift Chaser

Default Good News Everybody

Trion appear to be working on it. Print Screens, such as these, from the load screen are no longer saved to your "Documents\Rift folder" whereas in-game captures are.
    Keep getting dropped from game-disconnects.png

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Hey all,

I've seen the spike in reports here and elsewhere, I will be following-up with the team today to see what's going on.

Will let you know if we need any information or have any updates - thanks!

Cheers,
    Last edited by Elrar; 06-06-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey all,

I've seen the spike in reports here and elsewhere, I will be following-up with the team today to see what's going on.

Will let you know if we need any information or have any updates - thanks!

Cheers,
    Any chance of an update? i'm sick of being ignored over this and don't like paying for a game that I'm unable to play for over 2 days now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast