+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Any RIFT.CFG Tweaks to increase quality even further?

Soulwalker

Default Any RIFT.CFG Tweaks to increase quality even further?

Just wondering if anyone knew a guide or some good tweaks, I can run the game fully maxed no problem at all and I'm looking to tweak it even higher. I have found a ton of guides for tweaking Rift to lower quality but nothing for raising it even higher.

I'm aware of SweetFX and other Shader Overlays / Injectors and they look nice but mainly looking for tweaks etc that can be done with game settings and not just shader tweaks.

Thanks

Soulwalker

No one? 112 views and not one response.. damn.

Shadowlander

I've done quite a bit of messing around with the .cfg and read all the forums I could find on the subject and the only thing that people say works is increasing the object distance. That being said i've played around with this setting quite a bit and had no luck. Doesn't seem to be any way of improving the visuals of this game.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Syxx6 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knew a guide or some good tweaks, I can run the game fully maxed no problem at all and I'm looking to tweak it even higher. I have found a ton of guides for tweaking Rift to lower quality but nothing for raising it even higher.

I'm aware of SweetFX and other Shader Overlays / Injectors and they look nice but mainly looking for tweaks etc that can be done with game settings and not just shader tweaks.

Thanks
    I'm curious to know your pc specs and frame rates in large world events/ghunts and 20man raids?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Redeka View Post
    I'm curious to know your pc specs and frame rates in large world events/ghunts and 20man raids?
    Intel 3570K OC @ 4.2ghz
    8GB DDR3
    Radeon HD 7970

constantly get 60FPS in game, haven't had any issues in any large events.

Quote Originally Posted by cryfreedom66 View Post
    I've done quite a bit of messing around with the .cfg and read all the forums I could find on the subject and the only thing that people say works is increasing the object distance. That being said i've played around with this setting quite a bit and had no luck. Doesn't seem to be any way of improving the visuals of this game.
    you need to lock the .cfg file from being overwritten, otherwise starting rift will reset it

Rift Disciple

Intel 3570K OC @ 4.2ghz
    8GB DDR3
    Radeon HD 7970

constantly get 60FPS in game, haven't had any issues in any large events.

Weird, I can't get any higher than around 30 fps+/-5 during very busy events with better system specs on full max...

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible your simply estimating your fps and the estimate is not accurate?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Phoenix View Post
    you need to lock the .cfg file from being overwritten, otherwise starting rift will reset it
    This. Right click the .cfg file and change it, after you make your changes, to 'read only"

Also, have you taken all the in-game settings related to your gpu and set them to off to force your video card to handle them; then go into you video card and setup a file for the card to have for the game settings, or just use Sweetfx.
    Last edited by Chaszar; 06-05-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post
    This. Right click the .cfg file and change it, after you make your changes, to 'read only"

Also, have you taken all the in-game settings related to your gpu and set them to off to force your video card to handle them; then go into you video card and setup a file for the card to have for the game settings, or just use Sweetfx.
    ya I do set it to read only when I tweak still makes no difference. Not saying it doesn't work for others but having done multiple screenshot comparisons I don't notice any difference even when setting all the values much higher than default....

Soulwalker

Weird, I can't get any higher than around 30 fps+/-5 during very busy events with better system specs on full max...

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible your simply estimating your fps and the estimate is not accurate?
    No I use FPS monitor w/ Gadgets addon so definitely accurate.

I find it hard to believe he gets 60 FPS with everything turned to max during the large events. I would go for screenshots or it didnt happen.

As soon as the game gets CPU intensive your processor cant cope as it only uses one core.
    Last edited by jaal; 06-05-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by jaal View Post
    I find it hard to believe he gets 60 FPS with everything turned to max during the large events. I would go for screenshots or it didnt happen.

As soon as the game gets CPU intensive your processor cant cope as it only uses one core.
    You can force multicore. I have viewed thread usage while playing and it definitely uses them all.

You can force multicore. I have viewed thread usage while playing and it definitely uses them all.
    No you cant.

There is a whole thread about tech performance and how rift is only coded to use one core and the amount of work it would require to make it multicore (from devs, its stickied). You can force it to use a single core and cloaks are multicore but apart from that rift is single core only I am afraid.

Rift Disciple

Almost all of the things that matter to performance occur in a single thread, on one core. You can't beat the bottleneck by forcing the client to render these sidethreads on other cores.

But they're working on that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast