+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Any RIFT.CFG Tweaks to increase quality even further?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jaal View Post
    No you cant.

There is a whole thread about tech performance and how rift is only coded to use one core and the amount of work it would require to make it multicore (from devs, its stickied). You can force it to use a single core and cloaks are multicore but apart from that rift is single core only I am afraid.
    This.

The dev working on optimization was very forthright about what Rift can and can't do, and the manner in which it can and can't do it.

*WE* shouldn't have to do anything to make the game run better.

*THEY* should make the game run better.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    *WE* shouldn't have to do anything to make the game run better.

*THEY* should make the game run better.
    I agree!

But this stuff is fun to some of us.

Hell, back in the early competitive fps days, we were doing all kinds of things to get contrast where we shouldn't. Clan CFG FTW!
    Last edited by Vindu; 06-05-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindu View Post
    Almost all of the things that matter to performance occur in a single thread, on one core. You can't beat the bottleneck by forcing the client to render these sidethreads on other cores.

But they're working on that.
    I wouldnt expect too much from the performance updates multicore wise. They basically said making it multicore would require rewriting the code which would mean bugs on top of all that work.

I think they may try and off load one or two things to separate cores where possible, but I reckon they will try and get it running as efficient as they can on one core. It was said somewhere that current changes in the works could lead to a 50% increase for some players. not sure if "some players" is a small demographic running certain hardware that for some reason performs really poorly if the changes will affect more people...

Quote Originally Posted by Syxx6 View Post
    Intel 3570K OC @ 4.2ghz
    8GB DDR3
    Radeon HD 7970

constantly get 60FPS in game, haven't had any issues in any large events.
    You are probably GPU bottlenecked, so you won't see anymore. Also, you might gain a benefit from a higher hertz monitor and use your card to push the higher hertz.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jaal View Post
    I wouldnt expect too much from the performance updates multicore wise. They basically said making it multicore would require rewriting the code which would mean bugs on top of all that work.

I think they may try and off load one or two things to separate cores where possible, but I reckon they will try and get it running as efficient as they can on one core. It was said somewhere that current changes in the works could lead to a 50% increase for some players. not sure if "some players" is a small demographic running certain hardware that for some reason performs really poorly if the changes will affect more people...
    Aye, familiar with the published data regarding this particular work that they're doing.

But I've seen optimizations across dozens of applications and platforms that focused on what amounted to housekeeping but resulted in significant QoL improvements.

Based on what they've said, I can only pray that the gods of SQL eureka are in a familiar mood

Edit: or... object databases!?

EDIT EDIT: MEAD SAYS EVERYONE WRITE IN ASSEMBLY NAO
    Last edited by Vindu; 06-05-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Methadras View Post
    You are probably GPU bottlenecked, so you won't see anymore. Also, you might gain a benefit from a higher hertz monitor and use your card to push the higher hertz.
    Huh? I'm getting 60FPS on max w/ SweetFX why would I upgrade? I'm asking if there is anymore I can do to make it look better.. not having performance issues.

Also I don't see how a Radeon HD 7970 would be causing a bottleneck even if I was having issues (which Im not) that's still a 350-400 card and very good.

Rift Disciple

No I use FPS monitor w/ Gadgets addon so definitely accurate.

With all due respect, would I be correct to assume your main is not 60 yet? I mean, you haven't done Volan or a busy Ghunt yet, right? I simply can't imagine 60fps while contributing to these activities...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeka View Post
    With all due respect, would I be correct to assume your main is not 60 yet? I mean, you haven't done Volan or a busy Ghunt yet, right? I simply can't imagine 60fps while contributing to these activities...
    OR Conquest.

lol...
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

lol, it's all epeen stuff really.

I have one of the best systems money can buy at the moment, bar more than one of my current Titan and at absolute max settings in game and through the Nvidia CP 25-30 is the best you can hope for during Volan or multi raid Hunts.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Redeka View Post
    I have 2 accounts. This was my Raptr account to get SL free and play (before they let previous subs play for free)

On my main account I have done and do these things and maintain a good FPS.

I should note I've tweaked my bios a lot, Overclocked PC and FSB etc.
    Last edited by Syxx6; 06-05-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Huh? I'm getting 60FPS on max w/ SweetFX why would I upgrade? I'm asking if there is anymore I can do to make it look better.. not having performance issues.

Also I don't see how a Radeon HD 7970 would be causing a bottleneck even if I was having issues (which Im not) that's still a 350-400 card and very good.
    See if this helps. No offense, I think you missed my point. Good luck.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_1.html

Telaran

Intel 3570K OC @ 4.2ghz
    8GB DDR3
    Radeon HD 7970

You do NOT get constant 60 FPS, stop lying. No computer on earth can hold 60 fps at all times in Rift.

Shadowlander

There is no way you are getting 60fps in busy areas. I run a similar rig to yours and in busy GHRs I've seen it to drop to low teens.

General of Telara

Intel 3570K OC @ 4.2ghz
    8GB DDR3
    Radeon HD 7970

No, you don't. Maybe you are someone who can't tell the difference but this game is incapable of running at 60fps in heavy action. Single thread ftl.

It really effects my enjoyment when everything else runs smooth as silk and Rift never does in any meaningful action. I like the style but the game is pretty ugly in motion.
    Last edited by dooby; 06-17-2013 at 04:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast