+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cap on platinums after June 12th?

Pay to Win is diablo 2 where you can go to like d2legit or lewt.com and buy all the best unique gear.

even at that if you played hardcore diablo2 like i did, no amount of gear will keep you from getting popped by unique stygian dolls in the throne room.

even in diablo 2 hardcore, where if you die once the character is unplayable from then on.. no amount of gear you buy off sites will keep you alive, you still need strategy and skill.

now to gloat about hardcore diablo 2 -

Last edited by turbododge; 06-05-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Eshebala@Deepwood
    11/11HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4FT - 5/5 EE
    Check out my youtube channel for Gaming, Automotive, and Firearms
    http://www.youtube.com/user/91XtremeRT

Shield of Telara

I do not see how you can have a 1k plat cap when upgrading dimensions cost 3000-4800 for the final stage. Not to mention there dimension items that cost over 1k plat. I am sure everything is still in the works with the final numbers.

If you grind and have a lot of free time you can easily make 10's of thousands of plat. And you can do it without exploiting other people.

Plane Touched

+1 to a platinum cap so blue artifacts from IPP aren't priced for 20k on the AH.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post
    I expect many players never see 1K EVER over their whole time playing, let alone at one time, 1K is a HUGE amount to have sitting in one's bank: I've played since release, I've never had more than about 350 at once.
    I've never done a daily.

I don't farm.

I don't play the AH market. But I have sold stuff there from time to time.

One of me characters as 1500 plat.

With the cash shop. And some items being able to be gotten with plat. Trion better be watching plat sellers. Now that Rift is free. They will be flooding the game with coin for X amount of real money.

It will be a nightmare to stop. F2P will make it so easy for them. Get ban? So what just make another account. You aren't paying anyway so what.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaidar Haran View Post
    I can see this being an anti-buy plat from plat seller website measure, short term thing, until they work on a more long term solution.

I have about 6kplat on my account thru all my toons. I never AH, so I can estimate that any legit player can have upwards of 20k, and no more, and I would be ok with that. Any accounts with one silver more are doing botting, hacking, or just using dirty methods to make my gaming experience worse.
    Just because your creativity and/or motivation doesn't allow you to understand how some would have more than 20k doesn't mean the rest of us should be restricted to your limitations. I'm sure this is a troll post with your use of absolutes, but it's worth biting on just to say that the attitude behind it is insane.

Rift Disciple

i love this game, id have no problem at all spending a bit of money to lift a platinum cap. devs certainly deserve it, the effort theyve put into this game far outweighs a lot of others ive played.

i AM glad though it isnt a forced monthly sub anymore (ive got enough bills to pay without worrying about a bill for gaming lol), but theyve gotta make up the difference somewhere.

@OP: thanks for letting us know about this, would be a shock for someone close to or at the cap wondering why they cant gain anymore money after f2p.
    Last edited by Chiomara; 06-05-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
    i love this game, id have no problem at all spending a bit of money to lift a platinum cap. devs certainly deserve it, the effort theyve put into this game far outweighs a lot of others ive played.

i AM glad though it isnt a forced monthly sub anymore (ive got enough bills to pay without worrying about a bill for gaming lol), but theyve gotta make up the difference somewhere.

@OP: thanks for letting us know about this, would be a shock for someone close to or at the cap wondering why they cant gain anymore money after f2p.
    If you've ever subscribed in the past, you're not going to have this limit. If you've spent even $5 on credits in the shop, you're not going to have this limit.

People are making a huge deal out of nothing.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    The complaint isn't that it's easy to remove it but the cap is there in the first place. What's a "mcdouble".
    This is a double cheeseburger from McDonald's. Current going rate about $1.5. In other words, something that many would mindlessly drop some cash on it without thinking about it. I know this game is not food but just trying to put the cost in perspective here with a sad attempt at humor.

I do see your point that the cap even existing may be irritating. But at the same time if it doesn't affect pretty much anyone's gameplay except for the plat seller or botter then meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    If you've ever subscribed in the past, you're not going to have this limit. If you've spent even $5 on credits in the shop, you're not going to have this limit.

People are making a huge deal out of nothing.
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    But it's going to be limiting future new players
    Future new players need to realise the game is paid for by some people somewhere, they need to chip in just a little with their own money and BAM! cap release.

By the time a future new player gets 1 plat they will have played the game quite a lot, and it'll be time to pony up don't you think? Just out of politeness if nothing else...otherwise just to remove the cap.
    Last edited by Lollie; 06-05-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    I do not see how you can have a 1k plat cap when upgrading dimensions cost 3000-4800 for the final stage. Not to mention there dimension items that cost over 1k plat. I am sure everything is still in the works with the final numbers.

If you grind and have a lot of free time you can easily make 10's of thousands of plat. And you can do it without exploiting other people.
    Agreed. But if you can do that, my guess is you can scrape together enough plat (across the two characters you can have without spending any credits) to buy a REX, and using a REX's worth of credits would give you enough loyalty to remove the cap.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #56
    Rift Team

Hey folks,

Wanted to pop in. I know this is a very touchy subject. The intent is not to squeeze money out of people - the intent is to help curb some amount of spamming and farming.

It may be a fools errand, and I'm considering having the plat amount raised.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I'm considering having the plat amount raised.

~Daglar
    If you are sexy, you will raise the cap.
    Last edited by Misun; 06-05-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: quote fail derp
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    It may be a fools errand, and I'm considering having the plat amount raised.

~Daglar
    I personally feel that the current implementation is very much a fools errand. There are other ways to curb spamming and RMT.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    I know A LOT of people with thousands of plat. If this gets implemented, then its going to suck. There should not be a cap.
    Chances are, if you know all those folks with thousands of plat, they've been subbing. Not sure where you're going here.

Give Daglar a chance...they already drastically lowered the prices of dimension stuff, based on feedback.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast