Closed Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Steam + Rift F2P = ?

Rift Disciple

Default Steam + Rift F2P = ?

could anyone from trion drop a coment on this or someone else point me to the answer elsewhere ?

Quote Originally Posted by Opira View Post
    could anyone from trion drop a coment on this or someone else point me to the answer elsewhere ?
    Buying a Steam copy basically just gives you a serial key to the game which you then have to redeem on Trion's site anyway. So yes you can still play RIFT on Steam. I believe you can even still buy Storm Legion on Steam. This may change after the 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogh View Post
    Buying a Steam copy basically just gives you a serial key to the game which you then have to redeem on Trion's site anyway. So yes you can still play RIFT on Steam. I believe you can even still buy Storm Legion on Steam. This may change after the 12th.
    Perhaps it will switch to Steams F2P category of games. That seems the most likely thing to happen.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Opira View Post
    RIFT will not be integrated with Steam on June 12th when we make the switch to Free to Play. We love Steam, though, and we'll announce future plans with Steam soon.

Or we'll just open a Rift over them. Never can tell... :-)
    Good Gaming!

Mij "Brand Guru" Reltub
    AKA: the Spellfire Oracle, retired
    13th-level Marketeer

"Do be careful! Don't lose any of that stuff. That's concentrated evil. One drop of that could turn you all into hermit crabs."

Quote Originally Posted by BrandGuru View Post
    RIFT will not be integrated with Steam on June 12th when we make the switch to Free to Play. We love Steam, though, and we'll announce future plans with Steam soon.

Now that would be something to see! A special RIFT just for Steam.

So if we normally launch Rift through Steam, will it stay as is? With the news updates, background, community, etc. Or will it turn into a Non-Steam game and we lose all the things like community and groups?

EDIT: If it is the case that we lose all that hopefully you guys will reintroduce Rift to Steam's F2P category in the future.
    Last edited by xanduin246; 06-04-2013 at 05:42 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIAiXDmkGvs
    Last edited by Kaiser Phoenix; 06-04-2013 at 05:56 PM.

I'm always reminded of a speech in which a rhetorical question was given along the lines of whether we should help a poor working mother who can't afford to go to a hospital some form of assistance and the conservative audience started rabble-rousing and spurting out remarks to let her die. It stuck in my craw.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    So if we normally launch Rift through Steam, will it stay as is? With the news updates, background, community, etc. Or will it turn into a Non-Steam game and we lose all the things like community and groups?
    You should be able to continue to launch RIFT through Steam. Community and Groups should remain as well.
    Good Gaming!

Mij "Brand Guru" Reltub
    AKA: the Spellfire Oracle, retired
    13th-level Marketeer

"Do be careful! Don't lose any of that stuff. That's concentrated evil. One drop of that could turn you all into hermit crabs."

Quote Originally Posted by Mogh View Post
    Now that would be something to see! A special RIFT just for Steam.
    Rift 3.0: The Plane of Steam

Featuring all new rifts spreading over Telara, as the planes of air, water and fire begin to mutate and merge together - The ascended must stand together against this RISING threat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We are calling this a feature from here on out. We can fix it, but we decided not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Vladd's standard disclaimer:
    aliens gaining control of the planet can determine that changes need to be made, or in some cases unmade

steam would really help with the game's popularity.
    it seems to have workend well for the niche mmo "darkfall: unholy wars", and that has a sub.

the way how steam users are easy-going with their money, as well as the fact that steam integrated a system that lets you purchase stuff in mmos with steam funds,trion is really missing out if they do not integrate rift f2p to steam soon.

I'm always reminded of a speech in which a rhetorical question was given along the lines of whether we should help a poor working mother who can't afford to go to a hospital some form of assistance and the conservative audience started rabble-rousing and spurting out remarks to let her die. It stuck in my craw.

You should be able to continue to launch RIFT through Steam. Community and Groups should remain as well.
    Good, I was about to ask that, thanks. I play through STEAM.

Closed Thread