+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By intrinsc

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What all does SL get you in F2P?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default What all does SL get you in F2P?

A friend is asking. Come June 12th, what will you have if you've bought/earned SL, but not if you only have a base RIFT account? All I can think of is the new souls.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

That's correct - access to all 4 souls is the benefit provided by applying a Storm Legion key to your account if you already own the base version of RIFT.

Of course, you can purchase them a-la-carte after June 12 via the RIFT Store.
    Last edited by Elrar; 06-03-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    That's correct - access to all 4 souls is the benefit provided by applying a Storm Legion key to your account if you already own the base version of RIFT.
    Okay. Can they be bought separately? If so, is pricing decided?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

It will be interesting how Trion will handle big offers like Storm Chaser in future expansions. What I mean is that from now one everyone will get the same content everyone gets, but the Patrons get some goodies. With Storm Chaser, you paid for a year, taking a risk, but got rewarded the full expansion plus some other goodies that were very useful. Since everyone gets the game for free, and subsequent expansions, I can't imagine an offer like that making sense since you take the sub out of the equation and the free expansion since it's free anyways. I'm guessing it will just mean that whoever buys such an offer, if it's even offered to customers, will get even more exclusive things. Either that, or they don't offer such a thing. Who knows, just spit balling here. I'm just interested in it because I'm the kind of consumer that will spend that kind of money if the value is worth it to me.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Just an fyi - EBGames Australia is selling Storm Legion for $9. Might be worth getting depending on how much the SL expansion souls pack will cost.

@Intrinsic - I'd assume it would still go ahead to some degree.
    You get a discounted 1yr offer to Patron status plus the benefits of an "Expansion Pack".
    All players (whether free to play or not) will get the expansion content, but the "Expansion Pack" will include the things that they won't get. Exclusives and the expansion souls (kind of like how Storm Legion works).

An exclusive mount. An exclusive pet. An exclusive 'feature' item (like our previous banker/portal generator/etc).
    You also get the 4 new expansion souls (3.0 souls which they've already stated they're working on).
    An exclusive title. Probably also an exclusive dimension item since they're really into dimension items these days.

Pretty much the same things as before.

So basically you have the option of buying a "3.0 Expansion Souls Pack" which gives you all 4 new 3.0 expansion souls.
    Or you can get an "Expansion Pack: Dream Edition" which includes the exclusives + expansion souls (i.e. mount, pet, title, feature item, dimension item)
    Or you can go for a discounted 1yr patron subscription that also gives the expansion souls.

Pretty much no different from Storm Legion except with the addition of the 3.0 Expansion Souls Pack, and the price will probably be $100 for the 1yr deal instead of $120 like the Storm Chaser was.
    Last edited by Jonus; 06-03-2013 at 06:14 PM.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Okay. Can they be bought separately? If so, is pricing decided?
    Just updated my first reply - totally can buy them a-la-carte from the new RIFT Store on June 12

Prices are listed on PTS, nothing is final though until we release!

Cheers,

Anyone happen to NOT have SL and have access to PTS? I can't see them, since I have SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Just updated my first reply - totally can buy them a-la-carte from the new RIFT Store on June 12

Prices are listed on PTS, nothing is final though until we release!

Cheers,
    Just got an update for PTS; but since that update the shard has been down for ~25min.

+ Reply to Thread