+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Omen Sight - Is anyone else bothered?

Soulwalker

Default Omen Sight - Is anyone else bothered?

I was hoping to get the communities opinion on Omen Sight and how it is a 30 minute active buff. I would have assumed that with the cost of the ability and what its purpose is, it would have either been a perm ability or a toggled on/off as opposed to a 30 minutes buff; especially since (to my knowledge) this is the only 30 minute buff in the game (but I could be wrong).

A toggle would be handier, but it's a buff. To keep it up when I'm out in the world I use the following macro to mount:
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Quantum Sight
    use Swift Armored Murdantix Bridle

You have to spam the button a bit to mount, but it gets the job done. Usually in raids I manually turn off the buff to remove the graphical embellishments from the corners of my screen.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 06-03-2013 at 06:34 AM.
    Nope.

I actually was talking to my guild about this last night. Weird.

I'd love to see it as a toggled ability. It just seems troublesome to recast it. It's totally minor and not a big deal to press a button, but still.

Edited to add: totally adding that macro in, Primal. Good idea.
    Last edited by Metricos; 06-03-2013 at 06:35 AM. Reason: words are hard
    Metricos - Cleric - Faeblight
    Katica - Mage - Faeblight (Used my 60 boost and have no idea what I'm doing. D: Send help!)

Soulwalker

I will be using that macro, thanks for passing. I haven't thought about attaching to my mount.

I would have just preferred them add it as a perm ability. Seeing normal artifacts does not require anything special, I am not sure why it isn't passive.
    Last edited by Arkitekt; 06-03-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Does Omen Sight have a CD? If not Another good way to include it in a macro is to put it at the bottom of your combat macro. For Example:

#show Massive Blow
    supressmacrofailures
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Crushing Blow
    cast Omen Sight

Then whenever you hit this macro on GCD / Out of range it will refresh it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by jaal View Post
    Does Omen Sight have a CD?
    Yes it does have a GCD.

God yes. It gets annoying as hell when you're running around doing stuff completely oblivious to the fact that it wore off. Going to be a much bigger annoyance when they add twisted artifacts to SL zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    A toggle would be handier, but it's a buff. To keep it up when I'm out in the world I use the following macro to mount:
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Quantum Sight
    use Swift Armored Murdantix Bridle
    Didn't occur to me that you could do this, I thought from trying it with other buffs that the [notactive] modifier only worked on toggles. But yeah, macroing it onto your mount button is about the only sensible way unless you use a buff monitor addon to warn you when it wears off.
    Stubbo - Zaviel EU

Telaran

A toggle for Omen/Quantum sight would be nice indeed. Still, 30 minutes a hell of a lot better than when it was first introduced. It would only stay active for about 4 minutes if I remember correctly.

It's only recently been extended to 30 mins....back when it was introduced at the end of 2011 it was on a much shorter timer.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    It's only recently been extended to 30 mins....back when it was introduced at the end of 2011 it was on a much shorter timer.
    If I remember correctly, it was 3 minutes buff with 15 or 30 minute Cooldown. was something along those lines.
    Retired

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I think it was 5, then 15, now 30.

A toggle would be way nicer.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

It also cost's something like 30k planerite to get so it's not very high up on my planerite shopping list.........about 2nd to bottom ;)

Rift Chaser

Correct me please if I'm wrong here (as if I needed to ask lol) but does omen sight do anything in Bravine of Dusken apart from change the appearance of your character?

I've certainly never found any extra artifacts with its use.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyish View Post
    Correct me please if I'm wrong here (as if I needed to ask lol) but does omen sight do anything in Bravine of Dusken apart from change the appearance of your character?

I've certainly never found any extra artifacts with its use.
    It allows you to see the entrances to some of the dungeons.

Edit: and in 2.3 there will be twisted artifacts in SL for you to see as well.
    Last edited by Liziana; 06-03-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    You have an odd definition of "recently"-- it's been 30 minutes for over a year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast