+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Adriana's Tumbling Deflector

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I sent this one on to York a couple of weeks ago based on in-game player bug reports, and I am pretty sure he got a change for it done last week to be in 2.3.

I have no idea what the redesigned trinket will do/be now (haven't looked), but it will no longer be fall damage reduction.
    It would be awesome if it were a trinket that re-enabled fall damage. Here's hoping.

Ascendant

haha, nice find OP. Although I'm very, very glad fall damage is gone for good.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    It would be awesome if it were a trinket that re-enabled fall damage. Here's hoping.
    Adriana's Tumbling Reflector?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    Trion and their trinket weirdness. Why are they so hesitant to provide us with useful trinkets above Freemarch/Silverwood level?
    2.3 new base stats to SL trinkets ftw

Adriana's Tumbling Deflector now heals you for the amount of fall damage you would have taken if there were still fall damage!
    Perma Band in 9 continents and one Solar System!

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #22
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Ok, I misspoke previously (I was at home on cold meds with turned out to be pneumonia - FUN!). This task was not done yet, and pushed off of the 2.3 schedule for time constraints. Because I promised it WAS done in my NyQuil-addled state, i took it upon myself to make good.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oh, good. Glad I haven't thrown them away yet.
    Unfortunately, I went with a safe, boring replacement, HoT when hit in combat.

The reasons - people that threw away an apparently useless but not replaceable trinket should not be punished by it suddenly becoming cool. Also, I couldn't tailor it to any classes since it was a one-size fit all reward originally. So if you are underwhelmed, blame me, not york. :P

People had all sorts of cool suggestions for FUN things to do instead, but I shot them down for the reasons above. That said, people here seem to want to do more fun, non-stab, things with trinkets so maybe you will see some of that in the future.

But no more NyQuil-fueled promises!

That said, people here seem to want to do more fun, non-stab, things with trinkets so maybe you will see some of that in the future.
    Verbs other than stab, eh?

EDIT: What if you let other people get it? Like anyone can talk to Adriana and she'll give it to you? Give it a value of 0 and BAM. Cool trinket with no regrets for tossing it.
    Last edited by xanduin246; 06-06-2013 at 01:52 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Ok, I misspoke previously (I was at home on cold meds with turned out to be pneumonia - FUN!). This task was not done yet, and pushed off of the 2.3 schedule for time constraints. Because I promised it WAS done in my NyQuil-addled state, i took it upon myself to make good.

Unfortunately, I went with a safe, boring replacement, HoT when hit in combat.

The reasons - people that threw away an apparently useless but not replaceable trinket should not be punished by it suddenly becoming cool. Also, I couldn't tailor it to any classes since it was a one-size fit all reward originally. So if you are underwhelmed, blame me, not york. :P

People had all sorts of cool suggestions for FUN things to do instead, but I shot them down for the reasons above. That said, people here seem to want to do more fun, non-stab, things with trinkets so maybe you will see some of that in the future.

But no more NyQuil-fueled promises!
    Hey, if it's more healing than my Freemarch Warden's Badge, which I'm still using on at least one level 50 character, I am totally happy.

Also, hope you feel better!
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2