+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: For people who have the sign "joined in May 2013"

Default For people who have the sign "joined in May 2013"

Hello everyone I'm a newbie player in this game,like you.Reading the forums i couldn't help but notice, there are many new threads and posts addressed in a very negative way towards to the old players and Trion.Reading them gives me a bitter taste in my mouth.What is more important almost all of them comes from new and free players who are joined a few days ago.
    If you as a new player joining a long existing community i think it is polite to approach it with some level of respect.Rushing in and destroying everything without any sense it might be not the best idea.Also i would like to remind you guys all the people here on the forums who are joined before the F2P era they were subscribers.This sheer fact proves that they done much for the game and they are dedicated players.So if you disagree with some of the company's decision or some of the older players here please show some decency .
    I'm not smoozing as probably most of you think of.I'm expressing my concerns if i have but i always try to keep them civilized especially if i'm the new kid in the block.
    Thx for listening

That's a really nice thread, thank you.

Shadowlander

Aww, thanks. I can only hope we get many more level headed players like you in the transition.
    ~Nythaenae, Kelari Marksman of Black Snow and proud denizen of Faeblight. Avid raider and seeker of all things lore.

People like to be outraged about things. Ignore the vocal minority and support the others the best you can. Trion busts their butts making this game awesome, so let them do their thing. Call them out when something shouldn't be the way it is, but do it in a way that doesn't make you sound like a psychopath.

<3 Trion
    Metricos - Cleric - Faeblight
    Katica - Mage - Faeblight (Used my 60 boost and have no idea what I'm doing. D: Send help!)

Thank you OP for a bit of common sense.

Edit: already found one with "June 2013" trolling the forums.
    Last edited by Rounded; 06-01-2013 at 02:22 AM.

Telaran

Well said, +1
    Skittle @ Gelidra (65 rogue)
    Skittlehealz @ Gelidra (60 cleric)

The Rift Walkers - www.theriftwalkers.com - TotdQ 4/4 FT 4/4 EE 5/5 GA 4/4

Well said OP.

Welcome to RIft !!

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Ascendant

^ Well said, as they said.

Now, let us see how this pans out, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by sejo77 View Post
    Hello everyone I'm a newbie player in this game,like you.Reading the forums i couldn't help but notice, there are many new threads and posts addressed in a very negative way towards to the old players and Trion.Reading them gives me a bitter taste in my mouth.What is more important almost all of them comes from new and free players who are joined a few days ago.
    If you as a new player joining a long existing community i think it is polite to approach it with some level of respect.Rushing in and destroying everything without any sense it might be not the best idea.Also i would like to remind you guys all the people here on the forums who are joined before the F2P era they were subscribers.This sheer fact proves that they done much for the game and they are dedicated players.So if you disagree with some of the company's decision or some of the older players here please show some decency .
    I'm not smoozing as probably most of you think of.I'm expressing my concerns if i have but i always try to keep them civilized especially if i'm the new kid in the block.
    Thx for listening
    +10 to you sir

Now if only all the new players shared your attitude, the game community would be headed in a FAR better direction that it is
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

i have found a lot more hate towards the new players than towards old, but maybe i am just reading different threads. either way, most people should be able to get along well enough there will always be someone complaining
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

Soulwalker

Thank you OP and well said ....Rift and it's community have such a great atmosphere it would be so sad to see it go.

Telaran

op you sound like a emo kid

and it is actually like this

i have found a lot more hate towards the new players than towards old, but maybe i am just reading different threads. either way, most people should be able to get along well enough there will always be someone complaining
    tho recently it has calmed down a bit
    trolls are trolls new or old
    as for negativity , negative feedback is always better than no feedback for Trion in the long run so that they know what areas they should improve .
    for example "questing in this game sux " to quote a fellow may 2013 member(i've also made a ticket about it ) - and this might put off some people . i'm not playing this game for questing but i would've liked that questing was more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by sejo77 View Post
    Thx for listening
    Here, have my rose tinted glasses. Then just like me, you just won't notice them

That said, I agree calm and polite beats any other way of expressing oneself. That does apply to everyone though. Passion did run high on this forum when F2P was announced, and credit to Trion staff for keeping their cool in their answers and dealing with most fears un a sensible way.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFang99 View Post
    tho recently it has calmed down a bit
    trolls are trolls new or old
    as for negativity , negative feedback is always better than no feedback for Trion in the long run so that they know what areas they should improve .
    for example "questing in this game sux " to quote a fellow may 2013 member(i've also made a ticket about it ) - and this might put off some people . i'm not playing this game for questing but i would've liked that questing was more enjoyable.
    i know this is pointless but, why do you think questing sucks? how could you make questing better? just telling trion that "questing sux" w/o saying why or how to make it better isnt helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Kabliga View Post
    i know this is pointless but, why do you think questing sucks? how could you make questing better? just telling trion that "questing sux" w/o saying why or how to make it better isnt helpful
    That should probably be taken to a different thread. It's been done before- just use the search function.

(though I do agree with you)
    Last edited by ilex011; 06-01-2013 at 08:42 AM.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast