Closed Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 10 Post By Volsteed
  • 1 Post By Jeleena
  • 1 Post By Moklar
  • 1 Post By Seelinnikoi

Thread: Thank you Rift - F2P has made me a Sub!

Default Thank you Rift - F2P has made me a Sub!

For 5 years I played WOW and a majority of that time was spent on my main, a Rogue. A few months ago, after many of my friends and guidmates called it quits, I packed my bags and ended my subscription.

For the past few months I have tried GW2 (meh) and SWTOR (it's OK) and then finally tried RIFT this past weekend. Within 1 hour of F2P, I bought a sub and could not be happier.

My compliments to your design team, I finally feel and play like a rogue. Outstanding talent choices, multiple roles and great gameplay will keep me logging on for many months to come!

Thanks for the free look, I am a believer.

Cheers

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Volsteed View Post
    For 5 years I played WOW and a majority of that time was spent on my main, a Rogue. A few months ago, after many of my friends and guidmates called it quits, I packed my bags and ended my subscription.

For the past few months I have tried GW2 (meh) and SWTOR (it's OK) and then finally tried RIFT this past weekend. Within 1 hour of F2P, I bought a sub and could not be happier.

My compliments to your design team, I finally feel and play like a rogue. Outstanding talent choices, multiple roles and great gameplay will keep me logging on for many months to come!

Cheers
    yay.. what server?

Glad you're having a good time. I'm sure the devs will be happy to see this posting of yours

PS - It may get a bit rough from the mid 30s till you make it to Storm Legion, but only if you let it.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (60) & Oxenheart - Warrior (60) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me / us (or if you here a "Huzzah!" after a zone event)!

I personally have a rogue as my main as well, and am quite happy with him. Welcome to RIFT!

Nice to see these type of threads,keep 'em coming and welcome in Telara.I'm also a newbie started recently and i'm on the same option as you love the game so far .
    (clockwork orange )
    Last edited by sejo77; 06-01-2013 at 12:35 AM.

I played GW2 lots and lots but got a bit of a burnout lately. So when I read that Rift was going F2P I remembered I bought it some time ago when there was a promotion on Steam. Didn't really get around to play it at that time but decided to try it again. Managed to find my old account and rerstarted a new character.

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised so far, nice community too, and when my 3 days free play where up I decided to sub for now

I'm with the OP, I'm a returning player although I quit three months after release (was kinda burned out since I was in beta as well).

I played lite for a while to get a feel for the game again, then saw the Raptr thing and got SL through that and bought a 3 month subscription and other stuff from the store, quite happy with my rogue as well.

Welcome!

I have played WoW since November 2004 until February 2013, and had all Collectors Editions, all cash shop items, etc... I was a big big fanboy, let me tell you that!

Anyways, I also had purchased RIFT and played it in Beta, even got my collectors edition and I use that USB Pen every day too haha

But I quit WoW as I was tired of the same old same old... RIFT has filled that void and much more!

I am now having a lot of fun playing with friends I made in game and I am loving this game. I will still sub even after the move to F2P.

Soulwalker

Default another WoW rogue quit :)

For the people who don't know, WoW rogue WAS overpowered in PvP until this MoP expansion.

He is just rage quit

More likely he didn't like the confinement of the WoW talent specs, you really have no way to make a spec as you want to, Rift is more like WoW pre-cata where you could put your points where you wanted.

(obviously there are always going to be cookie-cutter specs for min/maxers even in Rift).

Quote Originally Posted by Moklar View Post
    More likely he didn't like the confinement of the WoW talent specs, you really have no way to make a spec as you want to, Rift is more like WoW pre-cata where you could put your points where you wanted.

(obviously there are always going to be cookie-cutter specs for min/maxers even in Rift).
    Thanks for all the kind comments and warm welcome.

Molkar, you hit the nail on the head, I could not agree moreabout WOW. As a PVE guy I felt underwhelmed by the choices offered.

I know I am in the "honeymoon" phase of RIFT but it is great to see people actually asking questions in general chat and actually getting helpful responses. A chat free of Anal and Thunderfury jokes is a a welcome relief.

I know I am in the "honeymoon" phase of RIFT but it is great to see people actually asking questions in general chat and actually getting helpful responses. A chat free of Anal and Thunderfury jokes is a a welcome relief.
    You must have rolled on a RP server or something because general char is pretty horrible on most servers ;)

Welcome to Telara!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Plane Touched

Welcome and aye. I LOVE my rogue, rogue tanking is actually a blast and tactian is super fun as well. Welcome to Rift. Enjoy!

Champion of Telara

Cheers
    Just to clarify, you bought a sub to keep playing before F2P went live right? The game is currently pre-f2p and that is what your playing. How it changes afterwards is up in the air.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad its attracted a new person, but for the sake of your wallet, take a look at what subbing gets you after F2P and decide if its worth it to you then

Anyways, grats on a good game (as of today) and hopefully a continued good game.
    \

Closed Thread