+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Who is the oldest player of Rift?

Default Who is the oldest player of Rift?

I'm an older lady who plays Rift, and my guildmates and I were wondering who the oldest person in Rift was. Because of my age, I'd told everyone to just call me Nana, and renamed a character Nanared.
    I'll go first, I'm 66, who is older?

(being older then dirt and retired means lots of time to play )

Quote Originally Posted by Azurefair View Post
    I'm an older lady who plays Rift, and my guildmates and I were wondering who the oldest person in Rift was. Because of my age, I'd told everyone to just call me Nana, and renamed a character Nanared.
    I'll go first, I'm 66, who is older?

(being older then dirt and retired means lots of time to play )
    While I'm not older, you have my by 22 years ;) . . . I am always delighted to see "experienced" individuals playing MMO's. I'm glad you are playing Nana, and God willing hopefully I will be playing at age 66 too!

My mum plays a bit, she's though only a young 53 so can't compare to your experience

Awesome thread, you win this one Nana (can't wait to read more)

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

I am 25 ( birthday was 2 days ago).

I think my oldest guildmate was around 50- 55 from wow.
    I also had a female 40+ guildleader in wow who is an opera singer. she's a golden person.
    I haven't encountered an older person in rift that i was aware of.

I have never met a rude older person in games, but it seems the ~30 year olds are sometimes even more immature than the 16 year olds.

I think everquest has some 70-80+ year olds, and many of the players there still don't use teamspeak.
    Last edited by Kaiser Phoenix; 05-31-2013 at 05:55 AM.

Soulwalker

This doesn't really relate to Rift but I thought this would be interesting considering the topic. When I was in my early 20's (I'm approaching 39 later this year) I worked in the "Funtronics" department at my local Sears in Commack, NY. There was a man in his mid 60's who used to come in to buy the latest RPG's for the Genesis or SNES. I'd see him every time a new one was released. It showed me that there's really no age limit for a gamer if they enjoy playing.

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

I'm 22, but we have a guildee that's up in those numbers too OP
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Methodz from <Heresy> must be bordering into his late 60's.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Am not the oldest player, but what some of the younger people may not realize is that in the 70's we had the Commodore 64 and the early Atari's (Zork and Pitfall Harry). The first real IBM and IBM clones you had to config your system just right for each and every game. I remember buying four sticks of 1mb ram for like $200-400 each. 40mb HD upgrade.

Even the early 90's the Internet was just taking off. I was 30ish. There were mud's and moo's and on and on, but I never really got into them. I still don't like to read game text that much because of all of those early things. I spent a lot more time partying than computing.

Around 2008 some friends introduced me to WoW. Have been playing MMORPG's ever since.
    Beware the Penguin...

I am 60. I had a guildmate that was close to my age (he has changed shards, but still plays). No one else in my guild is anywhere close. Nice to meet another elder. I would love to meet some on Faeblight.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Haha. I saw this title and was thinking: "I have to drop Nana Red's name in the hat..." Little did I know.
    Asharax - 60 Mage - Wolfsbane Shard

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Some people who've contacted CS were older-- I think we had an 80~ something year old lady once who talked about how much she loved to PVP, haha!

Awesome to see people from all stages of life enjoying the game.
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

Anyone in a CQ premade vent.

Default Old Grandma Hardcore

http://oghc.blogspot.com/

Warning: language, and lots of it! Love this site though. She plays *everything*.

(her Animal Crossing comments make me laugh out loud, because I always wondered too why the hell I'm running all these errands for these stupid thankless jerks: http://oghc.blogspot.com/2006/01/its...out-there.html)

"Grandma - "No, not really. All I do is walk around, talk to people, and buy stuff. I can do the same thing in Knights of the Old Republic, only I get to kill things with a lightsaber."
    Last edited by ilex011; 05-31-2013 at 08:11 AM.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Ascendant

Had a 62 year old guy in our Lineage 2 guild a few years ago, and that dude was hardcore...if anyone remembers the grind in old L2, he had multiple level 70 characters if I recall. I imagine he's still playing something somewhere, probably getting close to 70

Nice to meet you Nana!

My guild has a 67 year old lady who plays every night. She loves her Cleric to death. Plays a Druid. She's also leveling an alt Mage with one of our new members.

Pretty awesome if ya ask me.
    Metricos - Cleric - Faeblight
    Katica - Mage - Faeblight (Used my 60 boost and have no idea what I'm doing. D: Send help!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast