+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Low level players in the Dendrome

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    In 2.3 low level players will not be able to enter Storm Legion zones other than Tempest Bay.

Previously I had not put a level requirement on this because I felt it would be bad to sell someone access to Storm Legion, and not allow them to access it.

With the Storm Legion content being free come 2.3 - that will no longer be the case.

~Daglar
    Well isn't this a contradiction then? Seeing as on the live stream from the 17th of this month it was stated by the people on the live stream that they did not want to put any restrictions and that all content would be open so that people could play together? I mean I could be wrong but there were well over 1000 people watching that live stream who heard that.

Those low level people aren't hurting anything or anyone by being there. Creating another Ember Isle area (all of SL w/the exception of TB) will just alienate/annoy people who want to follow their higher level friends around.

I myself am rather annoyed by this. I was majorly annoyed when EI got sectioned off and the level requirement was 48. I just feel this is pointless.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zerromi View Post
    It makes about as much sense as the current proposal makes - that is, none.

I don't see where peoples' hate ***** over people being power-leveled comes from, but its' really sad and pathetic and even worse is that Trion's buying into it.
    Its because those people who don;t want those people being Power Leved, never had the ability to be power leveled. It's stupid and pointless. Not to mention a contradiction considering n the live stream from the 17th of may they said they were getting rid of all the restrictions so people could go ANYWHERE in the game. Now after that has been said, they will be putting restrictions on where people can go? *smh*

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Phelim on the Moor View Post
    This. One of the ... reasons I do these crafter alt dailies is to get a leg up/head start on the faction grinds. I'd hate to lose that.

And if it does give faction rep, why can't level 60s save the travel time and turn those same quests in at the Tempest Bay location?
    This.... if one loses all those little things that help our lower level alts, what is left? Really, please inform us of a definite 'solution' for this ...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Speaking of fish bot..what ever happened to it?

There's a level 37 bot fishing in witches thicket, been there for 2 days now...
    *laughs* that's ok though because that fishing bot only goes for people 20 levels or more below.. and witches thicket is level 55 ish. so they are within the 20 levels.

See what they did there..... They just delayed the bots, not prevented them fully.

I don't see where peoples' hate ***** over people being power-leveled comes from, but its' really sad and pathetic and even worse is that Trion's buying into it.
    If it's just arbitrary then you're right it makes no sense, but if you think about it a bit further and make that cutoff at the point where a character's contribution is trivial then it makes perfect sense. Like I suggested above, don't make it a zero xp reward, but make it a trivial reward (1 - 2xp) if it is a trivial contribution. As the contribution increases so would the reward. If a character can't effectively contribute then they should get no reward of any sort. Additionally mobs should be able to recognize them as minions and target them accordingly.

The premise Charlice presents makes sense, it just needs fleshing out. It allows low levels to enter and explore and even harvest nodes, but it makes the proposition dangerous, challenging, and exciting without letting players exploit rewards greater than what they put in.

Soulwalker

but but... what about us low-ish levels who are new to the game, but like to explore with the huge risk that the mob 35ft in front of us could kill us in one shot.

I explored most of the Storm Legion zones at level 12, purely because I was able to and It's something that I enjoy doing.

I don't think restricting someone from a zone due to been not the right level is the way to go.

If you don't want bots or such, it could be that "Active Patron Members" will not have the level restriction in said zones, as they are paying for the game and clearly don't wish to lose their accounts through a ban from botting, and if you're just playing the game f2p without Patron then you'd have the level restrictions e.g; Invisible Walls that are currently there for Rift Lite players.

Won't this then prevent the f2p botters and most people who are boosting their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseSocks View Post
    but but... what about us low-ish levels who are new to the game, but like to explore with the huge risk that the mob 35ft in front of us could kill us in one shot.

I explored most of the Storm Legion zones at level 12, purely because I was able to and It's something that I enjoy doing.

I don't think restricting someone from a zone due to been not the right level is the way to go.
    Well, i feel restricted by not being able to kill Regulos solo on my lvl 12 Twink. We're partners!
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

Rift Disciple

I think patron status should give you access to all zones regardless of level.

Losing patron status removes that privileged.

Free to play with level/zone restrictions.

Yes.

Conditions for being allowed into Dendrome:

1. Level 60
    2. Max Qajiri rep
    3. At least 1 SL relic weapon
    4. At least 2 SL relic armour pieces
    5. Minimum of 750 PA points
    I certainly hope this post was a joke. If not, probably the worst suggestion for Rift ever to be uttered.
    What do you think?

Also (to indulge the pedant in me) I didn't utter it because I did not verbally articulate it. However I would disagree that it was the worst suggestion for Rift ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalennaravenmour View Post
    Well isn't this a contradiction then? Seeing as on the live stream from the 17th of this month it was stated by the people on the live stream that they did not want to put any restrictions and that all content would be open so that people could play together? I mean I could be wrong but there were well over 1000 people watching that live stream who heard that.

Those low level people aren't hurting anything or anyone by being there. Creating another Ember Isle area (all of SL w/the exception of TB) will just alienate/annoy people who want to follow their higher level friends around.

I myself am rather annoyed by this. I was majorly annoyed when EI got sectioned off and the level requirement was 48. I just feel this is pointless.

LOL, as I have said...they say one thing and around 6 months (in this case 2 weeks), change it and, of course you have already paid for an annual sub by then. They have done it all along. It just gets a pass by ppl, until it's something that ticks them off. So, in 6 months when the best gear can be bought, instead of earned...everyone should have noticed the track record...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

This is just sooo a waste of resources on Trion's part. Seriously folks where is it hurting anyone if someone wants to powerlevel with a friend or just for fun try to see how far in a zone they can get?

I took my not 60 characters to Ashora and on the by way stopped at ports to open them up. Did I get in anyones way? No. Did I steal some mobs from someone? No. Heck the way I went around the zones I barely saw anyone. Did I stumble on someones pet terrormaw? No. I had crafting dailies to turn in and did my due diligence and walked the walk. So what if someone gets bannered in? Again hurting no one.

This is such a non-issue, but somehow some people in this thread seem to think that restricting another person is the way to go. They got to do what they wanted and go where they wanted, but now God forbid someone does what they want to do like they did. Someone seeing the Dendrome is really going to impact your game? Seriously?
    Seltara ~ Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by leaa View Post
    I would rather see another solution to this then closing the borders. My suggestion is to stop players from say around level 55 and under, to join public groups. My problem is not that the low level players are there, my problem is that they take a spot that a level 60 could fill, they take heal, they take resses, and their contribution is zero. Hunt rifts with to many low level players fails, and this is what i want to avoid, and especially in Dendrome were i understand that this will be more important then ever.
    If they are there to tag, or if they have a private group, well let them, not my problem, but they have nothing to do in the public group. They can tag easy by them self (i do it all the time on my alts, and i never join a public group if i am low level) they don't need the group for that. So let them take responsibility for their own char, and let us that actually can do something in this area, have the groups free from the players that can't.

So make public groups unavailable for low levels, and let them use a private group, if they really want a group.

Wow! There's a few not well thought out ideas in this thread, but your's really takes the cake. So low levels in Freemarch/Silverwood trying to close a zone event wouldn't be able to join a public group, as a fix for opening a new zone intended for level 60's! Makes sense.. And who the heck is brezzing low levels??!

Daglar's suggestion is fine with me. I also really like the idea of limiting XP. I can't get XP for killing something 10 levels below me, so conversely a leech shouldn't get it for something 10 levels above them.

Another idea would be pulse type AoE damage every few seconds from ghunts/invasions/onslaughts, to levels where it wouldn't affect appropriate level toons much, but would decimate low levels.
    Last edited by Fangthane; 05-29-2013 at 08:43 AM.
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Luknar View Post
    My only issue with level restricting SL zones from low level characters is that If I have an active sub and wish to work on what is a long and boring rep grind from the Hunt rifts, I do not have that option...
    I could fully understand by not letting a non-patron allowed to do this, but for some one who has paid for a years sub and has had access for the last 7 months with the ability to doso makes me a bit angry..If anything this should be a Patron perk, having full access to all over SL no matter what the level......
    If some one has SL but if not a patron member then they would be restricted by Level....but still able to access the SL content when appropriate measures are met..

Only seems fair.
    Your not really onboard with this F2P thing, are you? No trials. No tricks. No traps. It means that there will be no patron-only areas, so perhaps it is fair.

The only real legitimate reason for low levels to sneak through high level areas is for crafting concerns. Since these are going to be accommodated, all seems well.

Why do you sound like one of the Conquest exploiters who kept posting that Trion shouldn't go after the Conguest exploiters??! Losing a revenue stream are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
    Why do you sound like one of the Conquest exploiters who kept posting that Trion shouldn't go after the Conguest exploiters??! Losing a revenue stream are we?
    Conquest exploits directly affected players by farming them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast