+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rift Store Prices

Rift Disciple

Paying for convenience is fine with me. My only issue will be if they take abilities/items that are available in the game for time and effort spent now and replace them with the same abilities/items and make them a buy only with real money that's the deal breaker for me.

Im also predicting an enormous influx of new gold farmers !

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Akhet View Post
    The ~ symbol in front of numbers means "roughly".

Also if you divide the Patron pass (2400) by 160, you get 15, which is what a sub currently costs. Dividing the guild name change and character name change you get 20 and 10, respectively.
    Ahhh yea, well at any rate I didn't see anything I would buy or even need on that list

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    A faction change in WoW is $30. A faction change in Rift is less than $15.
    I think it's fair. They're giving the opportunity if it's something you really want, but not making it something you can do thoughtlessly, like tourist through the shards. Imagine if it was too cheap, a bunch of PVPers would probably jump faction every time one side or the other appeared to have an advantage, causing imbalance on its own.

It'll be interesting if they actually add a bit of storyline reflecting that persons of the other race have had to "recant" their previous position. There's actual Guardian scripture that says that the Kelari are racially damned for abandoning the Vigil and consorting with spirits, there was really no way a Kelari would have been in Mathosia in the Guardian tutorial. Every time somewhere in the game script someone refers to the Guardian PC as the original Prophet of the Vigil who slew Aedraxis, it should say something else for ex-defiants. Doing that scripting work would require labor, hence, extra charges are fair. Similarly, it'll be really interesting if Defiant dialog gets tweaked for ex-Guardians. (Keyword search: machineborn)

Quote Originally Posted by Alessar View Post
    I think it's fair. They're giving the opportunity if it's something you really want, but not making it something you can do thoughtlessly, like tourist through the shards. Imagine if it was too cheap, a bunch of PVPers would probably jump faction every time one side or the other appeared to have an advantage, causing imbalance on its own.
    Or they can charge a fair price like $5 and just only allow players/guilds/accounts purchase the services once a week or month.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    what do I think? I think I wonder why you are here, don't you have a panda to hug?

nice new sig btw, have a cookie
    Such a small brain, so little time. Apparently people can't play multiple MMOs. It's forbidden by sharia law and I have forsaken some unknown tenet. The thread isn't about me, nonconstructive diminutive troll. The thread is about the Rift Store.

I went by the price for 30 days of Patron pass. Obviously, some month's that's going to be worth more or less depending if the month has 31 or 28 days. Oh, and a faction change in WoW is $30, but it also includes a name change which in Rift is still $10 last time I checked. Still cheaper, but not that much cheaper.
    Last edited by intrinsc; 05-16-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    Going by the patron pass too, for $14.99,
    160 gems would indeed be around $1.

SO

Faction change - $14.30
    Rename character - $10
    Rename guild - $20
    Transfiguration (?) - $1.25
    Rune unsocket - $1
    Planar Essence rmv - $1

Obviously the prices can change but I'm not impressed with some of the services prices. Overpriced like every other MMO.
    If the prices are like every other mmo then it wouldn't be overpriced, sounds more like industry standard. I love how people complain about F2P, gear and services bought at the shop, but what most people are failing to realize is that the reason an mmo does this is due to revenue constraints. The current subscription revenue isn't enough for whatever reason, whether that be investors, day to day operations of the game/staff, or something else. It's really simple if the game is going to survive then there will have to be changes, you may/may not like them but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ootax View Post
    If the prices are like every other mmo then it wouldn't be overpriced, sounds more like industry standard. I love how people complain about F2P, gear and services bought at the shop, but what most people are failing to realize is that the reason an mmo does this is due to revenue constraints. The current subscription revenue isn't enough for whatever reason, whether that be investors, day to day operations of the game/staff, or something else. It's really simple if the game is going to survive then there will have to be changes, you may/may not like them but it is what it is.
    I said it somewhere else that people won't agree with me, but I do think its overpriced, but like you said it's "industry standard" so, hence, I think ALL MMOs are overpriced when it comes to those services.

It's like bank fees, or fees for txt messaging. It literally costs nothing to do, it's just a money grab. I would be fine with that, if I thought the pricing is fair, but $10-20 for a service that costs a fraction of a penny is not fair pricing. Thus I will complain.

I'm not going to just scoff it off because they are a business and are in it to make money, it's still overpriced regardless in my eyes.

I'm not paying a damn thing to remove essences from my sigils until they put bind on account sigils back in the game. What a freaking joke that some people can have a dozen of these just sitting around on an alt while newer players can't get a single one. And returning players or players that want more have no way to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    a service that costs a fraction of a penny is not fair pricing. Thus I will complain.
    "fair" isn't always the option. imagine if a name change would only cost 2 silver for example (moot point here with free transfers, but it's an example).

not saying every service should be free, but for some it's necessary to have a certain fee
    Last edited by Gray; 05-16-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Lol so, i assume patrons get a discount right?

Quote Originally Posted by Talio View Post
    I'm not paying a damn thing to remove essences from my sigils until they put bind on account sigils back in the game. What a freaking joke that some people can have a dozen of these just sitting around on an alt while newer players can't get a single one. And returning players or players that want more have no way to get them.
    iirc they said something about those maybe making it back into the store (and before you say "STORE?!??!" - you can buy rex in the ah which give you shop currency).
    Last edited by Gray; 05-16-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Lol so, i assume patrons get a discount right?
    not that I know of, but that's something you might forward for them to discuss.

Regarding the runes..

I would wager that one of the 2.3 updates is going to be that Runes are not simply "applied" as before, but we'll be getting "sockets" on items, which we can stick a Rune into. Hence, why we'll need to "unsocket" runes, and have to pay for it through the cash shop. The same with the "Removal" of Planar Essences. They're going to monetize the sh*t out of some stuff we previously took for granted.

I sure hope I'm wrong. Time will tell.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Phelim on the Moor View Post
    Regarding the runes..

I would wager that one of the 2.3 updates is going to be that Runes are not simply "applied" as before, but we'll be getting "sockets" on items, which we can stick a Rune into. Hence, why we'll need to "unsocket" runes, and have to pay for it through the cash shop. The same with the "Removal" of Planar Essences. They're going to monetize the sh*t out of some stuff we previously took for granted.

I sure hope I'm wrong. Time will tell.
    I don't see this happening at all. You can reply to me in a month about this though.

Anyway, other than the following details, I find the prices totally fine for me:
    -Patrons need approx $5-10 in Credits in stipend
    -Patrons need at least a 10% off Rift Store
    -We have yet to see how REX truly works and how its exchange rate will balance out to

Quote Originally Posted by Amarayna View Post
    Nah, more like 80 cents, look up at the top for the 30 day pass, it's 2400 gems = 80 cents a day or 80 cents per gem

I can remove a gem for free LOL, besides I have all faction lessers so again Trion can kma, also this shows how the F2P model (Trion's new baby!) is going to go... complete rubbish

Um... simple math:

2400 credits (Cash shop price for the 30 Day Patron sub) divided by $15 (Normal price for the 30 day sub) = 160 credits per dollar.

And... how does this show that the F2P model is going to suck? Your train of logic is very confusing.
    Sorenthaz@Faeblight
    Level 60 High Elf Mage (Guardian)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2