+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: New Guild Recruitment Documentation -- Provide Proof of Employment and Patron Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    How much REX do you think I should charge applicants as a processing fee? Or should it just be a membership fee like a country club? Or both?

I'll make them pay a lot of REX to the guild bank, to prove they can pay.
    LMAO...so you are going to make people basically Pay to be in your raids? You don't have the patience to help out your guildmates and wait till they have the marks or at least run em thru so they can get the dropped gear? So you can keep the cash and do whatever you want ultimately no matter what? Wow..that is so incredibly f'ing wrong.
    Seltara ~ Defiant

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Default Damn, you were my #1 recruitment prospect too

Quote Originally Posted by Telnedra View Post
    LMAO...so you are going to make people basically Pay to be in your raids? You don't have the patience to help out your guildmates and wait till they have the marks or at least run em thru so they can get the dropped gear? So you can keep the cash and do whatever you want ultimately no matter what? Wow..that is so incredibly f'ing wrong.
    I find that people who can't understand sarcasm are generally unintelligent.

Can you afford to raid? Maybe I'll even force people to fork over some REX before they can join. Nothing proves ability to pay like a membership fee.
    You're welcome to try, if you happen to maintain membership you'll be happy and nobody else will care. But it's doubtful seeing as there are other guilds in the game who won't do it.

i can understand your point, but everyone playing right now, and those that will buy storm legion before june 12 will have everything we have. and odds are, if someone in your raid doesn't have a storm legion soul, someone else will. you should adjust your plan instead of locking people out from raiding.

if you're talking about free to players, it's unlikely they'll level fast enough to join you in raiding, let alone stay with the game long enough to reach max level. leveling takes forever if you're a super free to play casual.

I find that people who can't understand sarcasm are generally unintelligent.
    You were not being sarcastic and your reply to try and backtrack on your previously posted comments is a fail. Good luck with your gaming.
    Seltara ~ Defiant

Just remember, once GA comes out, doing the T1 raids (may) take less time. More people geared entering the low raids in higher gear and helping knock out the raids in pugs. So the free to players won't take as long as we did to gear up.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Quote Originally Posted by Telnedra View Post
    You were not being sarcastic and your reply to try and backtrack on your previously posted comments is a fail. Good luck with your gaming.
    It was not entirely sarcasm but it was a fabricated scenario to embellish a point.

I don't raid in Rift, and never raided hardcore in WoW, but I'm confused. In order for folks to raid with you right now, they must have the SL expansion to level and access the new souls (real $$) and some appropriate number of soul slots (plat) to raid, yes?

In the future, for people to raid with you, they will need access to the new souls (cash shop) and/or the next expansion (real $$).

I'm not sure I understand the difference. Unless it's because they can (after June 12th) get to 60 without the new souls and you'll require the new souls to raid. So, they have to the cash shop to purchase those.

(For the record, I don't plan to buy anything, but just continue to putter about.)

I guess it's over my head or something. They look the same in the end to me -- raid now, buy SL; raid later, visit cash shop.

Now, if the next set of new souls isn't part of an expansion and is just something they patch in, and they are also required, then yes -- I see your point. But I thought I read that Daglar said that new souls would be an expansion thing only. (No reference, sorry -- too many threads, ugh.)

Sorry for dumb thoughts. Just genuinely curious now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taree View Post
    I don't raid in Rift, and never raided hardcore in WoW, but I'm confused. In order for folks to raid with you right now, they must have the SL expansion to level and access the new souls (real $$) and some appropriate number of soul slots (plat) to raid, yes?

In the future, for people to raid with you, they will need access to the new souls (cash shop) and/or the next expansion (real $$).

I'm not sure I understand the difference. Unless it's because they can (after June 12th) get to 60 without the new souls and you'll require the new souls to raid. So, they have to the cash shop to purchase those.

(For the record, I don't plan to buy anything, but just continue to putter about.)

I guess it's over my head or something. They look the same in the end to me -- raid now, buy SL; raid later, visit cash shop.

Now, if the next set of new souls isn't part of an expansion and is just something they patch in, and they are also required, then yes -- I see your point. But I thought I read that Daglar said that new souls would be an expansion thing only. (No reference, sorry -- too many threads, ugh.)

Sorry for dumb thoughts. Just genuinely curious now.
    A Trion bro said somewhere that they would be offering new souls for purchase individually. Daglar specifically said that after F2P begins, the SL souls would be available for purchase separately from SL.

Don't take what I'm saying too seriously. I'm basically using a lot of hyperbole in this thread to highlight my point, which is that Trion is going to be using a lot of coercion to get people to pay and not many people are really going to get a free ride out of F2P.

My concerns are real, but I'm not actually going to be charging anyone a membership fee to my guild (unless I think I can get away with it).
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 05-15-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Its obvious that Patron Status and store purchases will be mandatory for serious raiding guilds who want to progress at semi-fast rates.

I am the GM of Negative Ghostrider, and by no means is my guild hardcore. I was even snubbed by a Rift podcast for not being hardcore enough. But I don't see how my guild can go on raiding without every member being a Patron and spending money as needed on new souls, raid currency, gear, boosts, etc.

Personally, I don't mind doing this. I'm single and have a good job and I'll either pay what is needed to win or quit the game entirely. But its going to be hard on some people in my guild (students, taking care of family illness, etc) whenever new forced purchases come down the pike. These would be things like new souls.

Can you imagine trying to progress on Matriarch if your rogues didn't have the Tactician soul? Can you imagine tanks trying to survive Crucia breath without a Defiler in the raid?

The game may not be Pay2Win, but it will definitely be Pay2Raid. Or at least Pay2NotSuck. So, guess I'll be adding some new required documentation on my guild's application:

Can you afford to raid? Maybe I'll even force people to fork over some REX before they can join. Nothing proves ability to pay like a membership fee.

Hooray.

P.S. Check our my latest blog post, Free to Fail. F2P might be good for Rift, but Devs have some 'splainin to do.
    I don't think you understand what is going to happen to Rift as you know it Dun. Come June 12th 2013 Rift is going to change and it is going to change a lot!

The days of DPS checks will be over and the reason for that is simple, F2P players do not like hard mode and Rift's normal mode to a F2P player is like WTF HARDCORE mode and they will have none of it and leave the game because after all it's F2P so who gives a ****! So Trion will have to dumb everything down to fit the F2P players and keep them spending CASH!

A Trion bro said somewhere that they would be offering new souls for purchase individually. Daglar specifically said that after F2P begins, the SL souls would be available for purchase separately from SL.
    Hrm, that's odd. I guess I'll try to find that post now that said that new souls would be expansion level content. I thought it was referencing future souls, not the ones with SL.

Okay, sorry for confusion then. I think adding new souls mid expansion and then requiring them to be purchased will really disappoint me. I still plan to buy expansions to gain access to everything, but that might put a damper on my enthusiasm.

Oops, saw you added more. I guess if you really did require money to raid, it's not my business. :P The only reason I posted is that it all "looks" the same to me, unless they do odd mid-expansion things that become a required visit to the cash shop. That would bug me too, and I don't raid! (I'm a baddie, I'd guess, haha.)
    Last edited by Taree; 05-15-2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Responded to an edit.

So they will have to pay monthly and make one-off purchases to win. But its not pay to win.

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.
    Rift is currently pay to win. All your guild members are currently paying to win.

Pay to win before, pay to win after at the exact same rate

Quote Originally Posted by jaal View Post
    Rift is currently pay to win. All your guild members are currently paying to win.

The exact same rate, plus buying new souls, plus buying any other new things they can come up with which will provide an advantage to raiders and thus be rolled into what is required.

Yes, I'm sure it will be like nothing ever changed. How edifying, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jaal View Post

Cheaper, actually. The soul packs will undoubtedly be cheaper than the expansion was.

If there was a new Xpac out, your guild mates would be expected to buy it yes? Well rather than selling a new Xpac there will be new souls. Its not like there will be a new soul every 3 months.

The SL souls will be available to buy for NEW players. Current SL owners keep souls they already have. So new players wont have to pay 25 for SL, just 5 (or something i assume smaller)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast