+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Fire BUg rifts: Cheated. New Idea for future event

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by soluss View Post
    Why are you whining?
    Why are you?

you don't like RNG and prefer to work towards your goal, fine there is already lots of stuff in game that caters to you, including mounts that you can work towards by gaining rep, farming plat or completing achievements

The entire game doesn't need to cater to your particular wants

Some people like a bit of RNG, enjoy the lotto and get enjoyment from trying for rare mounts and RNG drops let them have their fun too

Rare mount drop is rare and you may never get it - Deal with it

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    Why are you?

you don't like RNG and prefer to work towards your goal, fine there is already lots of stuff in game that caters to you, including mounts that you can work towards by gaining rep, farming plat or completing achievements

The entire game doesn't need to cater to your particular wants

Some people like a bit of RNG, enjoy the lotto and get enjoyment from trying for rare mounts and RNG drops let them have their fun too

Rare mount drop is rare and you may never get it - Deal with it
    Yeah, this thread is a bit like people demanding to win the lottery because they bought more tickets than their friend who won.

The reason people play the lottery is the chance and luck involved. It's a bit of a thrill to win, because most people lose most of the time.

Similarly, its a thrill to win the hellbug because most of the time, most people aren't going to get it.
    • There are plenty of things in the game to grind.
    • There are plenty of things in the game to earn.
    • And there are a few things that you just have to get lucky.

Demanding that every item be distributed through the way that you want is selfish and inconsiderate of the wants of others.

Now if you just want a Hellbug that you can purchase or earn somehow, that sounds like a very reasonable request. To demand that you get every Hellbug that way is unreasonable.

When I see a Hellbug go by, I know that I'll probably never have one. And that doesn't bother me, because I'm not willing to put in the time to get one.

All of this crap stems from the everybody-gets-a-trophy mindset that is becoming so pervasive. If you want something, do what it takes to get it. If not, don't begrudge others their own opportunity.

P.S. If Trion used their noggin they would give every account that has both Rift and Defiance a unique Hellbug. Would solve a lot of whining and cross-promote their games far more effectively.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 05-12-2013 at 10:46 PM.

RNG is RNG its not "unfair" some people dont have better odds than others.

Trion do not owe you a mount just because there is a chance it will drop. The rifts are staying in the game so if you are feeling burnt out take a break.

I really don't get the obsession and the frustration over those stupid bug rifts...

It's a game, it's fun, it's something to go "oh cool, look what I got from this Rift", not obsessively grind bug rifts... Plus, they already said that these Rifts will be around for a long time.

I've went to Ashora with my guild, since they had a Bug rift going. After doing an invasion event while we were there, we popped a couple of bug rifts. I had fun, because I was with the guild and got an achievement in the process. I didn't get any hellbugs, no pets or mounts, but I'm cool with that.

So, I haven't hunted any bug rifts, since then. I get on my alt to harvest some Chromite and for some reason I thought it was in Stonefield lol, so I happened past a bug rift in its end stages, mentored down and helped that person to close it. I got a pet and a regular mount out of the deal.

And you know what? I actually prefer my Tiger mount, since the hellbugs make an awful noise, which is rather jarring and grinds on my nerves. I can't even stand to have someone on their bug mount next to me. *shudders* LOL

So, relax, do something else for a while and I'm sure you will get a bug when you least expect it. ;)

RNG always was a cheap and lazy reward mechanism, which somehow works for some people.

@OP only way to win is not to participate, only if no one shows up they might rethink it. but since that won't happen, least you can do is vote with your wallet if it annoys you too much.

Soulwalker

Hellbug mount drops:

"Chill out noob it's only a game/It's only RNG"

Relic drops:

"omg wtf trion fix asap or i quit!"

Not agreeing with OP - just an observation...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ymirson View Post
    Why can't they not? It really isnt that big of a deal. I dont see what your peoples problem is with it
    If they dont they dont. You are right, it isnt that big of a deal. Its something that, imo, would make the situation better. I posted my point of view and then get flamed for it. Thats where I have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRoach View Post
    Hellbug mount drops:

Relic drops:

except that relics are not intended to be rare and the issue was the distribution.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

It's not even possible for me to disagree with the OP more

I got to this thread a little late and it seems like alot of people have made the point already, but just adding my +1 that the hellbugs being a rare / chance drop and that is awesome...I think RIFT needs ALOT more of that...but sadly the whiner crowd seems to sway the devs in MMOs these days...

In an MMO the chance to get something really rare is a cool motivation for alot of people to play...when things are rare, and eveyone doesn't get them, it also makes those items more valuable (mentally) and adds alot of variety to the characters that play....RIFT has so far been an "everyone gets the same stuff because they can just trade in tokens for everything" kind of game and that's keeping it very very shallow

I vote make WAY more items WAY more rare, and don't offer any ******* tokens to redeem to get them more easily....let people have things that others probably wont' get unless they're lucky, the depth it adds to the game is addictive and good for the game

Rifts in Rift have ALWAYS been about RNG. Some people get blue boxes even purple from zone events, some none. Sone people get an iten drop from a rift, others just planarite. How is the WAI of over 2 years being cheated suddenly? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

I've not read through all the replies to this thread, so forgive me if what I point out has already been mentioned.
    First and foremost this is not an event. The Hellbug rifts are a permanent addition to the game. There is no rush to get the pets and mounts as the rifts are set to be around forever.
    Secondly the pets and mounts are not meant to be easy to get. RNG is RNG. People are not meant to get all the pets and mounts in such a short space of time. The idea is to bring a little individuality to the game.
    Personally I would like the rare mounts, especially the Toxic Hellbug because they are rare. If a large quantity of players had the mount then I'd no longer want to be seen riding it. In terms of looks, it's one of the less appealing mounts. The rarity is what appeals to most players.
    I'd continue to farm Hellbug rifts if you want the drops, but don't overdo it. Maybe close a couple per day.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRoach View Post
    Hellbug mount drops:

Relic drops:

Because completing the Hellbug Rift and killing Regulos require approximately the same level of skill, gear and coordination. And because you can only complete 1 Hellbug Rift per week.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 05-13-2013 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe19 View Post
    It's not even possible for me to disagree with the OP more

I got to this thread a little late and it seems like alot of people have made the point already, but just adding my +1 that the hellbugs being a rare / chance drop and that is awesome...I think RIFT needs ALOT more of that...but sadly the whiner crowd seems to sway the devs in MMOs these days...

In an MMO the chance to get something really rare is a cool motivation for alot of people to play...when things are rare, and eveyone doesn't get them, it also makes those items more valuable (mentally) and adds alot of variety to the characters that play....RIFT has so far been an "everyone gets the same stuff because they can just trade in tokens for everything" kind of game and that's keeping it very very shallow

I vote make WAY more items WAY more rare, and don't offer any ******* tokens to redeem to get them more easily....let people have things that others probably wont' get unless they're lucky, the depth it adds to the game is addictive and good for the game
    I was thinking a similar thing when hellbugs came out. Wouldnt it be cool if there were lots of different rare items that you have a chance of getting doing different things so there is a nice variety amoungst characters and if you were ever bored you could have a go at a couple.

Most of the things rift does has a guaranteed "input X amount of time and get Y" so its nice to have a bit of change

Quote Originally Posted by jaal View Post
    Most of the things rift does has a guaranteed "input X amount of time and get Y" so its nice to have a bit of change
    Yes. And threads like this will only increase that trend, because people will apparently complain when they can't have all of the things.

I'm surprised relics don't drop off level 51 mobs in Peladane. Oh wait...

Escapist's Ring
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 05-13-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Plane Touched

It seems like this discussion has happened before....oh wait! I guess we could call it Swift Murdantix Spawn saga part 2.

As soon as they mentioned that it was an RNG drop in the livestream I knew this thread would be coming. I personally hate seeing everyone on nearly the exact same mount so having a mount that is RNG based is nice.

To the OP: if you really MUST have one and feel that cheated, watch the livestreams, they give them away like candy. You have better odds getting a Toxic Hellbug that way than even the green level mount from grinding in game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast