+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NzFox
  • 1 Post By xanduin246

Thread: Pre-made builds

Default Pre-made builds

I am curious to see if anything else thinks that Trion push the pre-made builds to much. They are a good idea, and often really good builds, but due to the fact:

1:you are force to pick one creating a new character

2: when picking up a new, or resting an old role they are the default option that comes up

3:when you are using one of the other talent options are grayed out, which in mmos tend to mean 'not available'

4: when someone tries to put a point outside they get a warning message saying "selecting this talent will invalidate your purpose selection", which sounds intimidating

All this tends to result in new players being more confused than helped (imo). I wonder if anyone else feels they should be a little less 'in your face', and more there to help new players instead of forced upon them
    Last edited by NzFox; 04-25-2013 at 04:46 PM.

You do have the option.

You either choose a set path from their presets or you don't.

I always thought it was done well in that way.

Ascendant

nope, I think they were a great addition for new players and lazy alts

before the pre made builds were put in for every new player who "got it" there were 20 standing around meridian, scratching their heads wondering what to do with the souls and point distribution

One huge problem I have with the presets is that it makes no attempt to explain you aren't forced to keep it forever. I can't tell you how many new players I've seen that think that once they pick a "class" they're stuck with it forever. Just in the past 20 min I've seen 2 new players worried that once they hit end game the "class" (Gravelord, for example) will be useless or not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    nope, I think they were a great addition for new players and lazy alts

before the pre made builds were put in for every new player who "got it" there were 20 standing around meridian, scratching their heads wondering what to do with the souls and point distribution
    I do not think they are a bad idea, and defiantly should be a option...but its as xanduin said, at the moment (i feel) new players do not realize that they are a option because they are pushed into their faces. I've lost count on the number of new players posting concerns on /4 about their 'class' (end game/pvp/group/heal viable most common) or that they did something wrong to get that 'warning message' about putting points in wrong place

+ Reply to Thread