+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Elrar

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: what is the emergency update today for?

Prophet of Telara

Default what is the emergency update today for?

Does anyone have an idea?
    Last edited by m1nus; 04-15-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Champion

I'm guessing it has to do with their attempts to isolate the server/ability lag issues.

Idk but I hope it was worth dropping the servers with 10 seconds left on the Conquest timer... *RAGE*

Quote Originally Posted by Rythandil View Post
    I'm guessing it has to do with their attempts to isolate the server/ability lag issues.
    My money's on them trying to split resources between Rift and Defiance =P

Things that "shouldn't" be causing issues apparently are.

Spend millions upon millions developing a game; get cheap on the hardware.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

We have an issue that was introduced in the past hot fix that, over time, causes high-population shards to experience significant delay when trying to activate abilities and participate in large group content.

We're restarting the shards before prime time now to temporarily alleviate the issue & should have a permanent solution in place for the regular Wednesday Hot Fix.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!
    Last edited by Elrar; 04-15-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Who is patience? I don't see anyone patience around here. ;)
    Last edited by Jaedzia; 04-15-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Don't forget to disable Nomi while you are patching :P

Soulwalker

Default prime time?

I'm not sure what they think prime time is, but for me it started an hour ago and the shards are still locked.

I guess they think prime time starts when the California kids get home from middle school, or something.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    We have an issue that was introduced in the past hot fix that, overtime, causes high-population shards to experience significant delay when trying to activate abilities and participate in large group content.

We're restarting the shards before prime time now to temporarily alleviate the issue & should have a permanent solution in place for the regular Wednesday Hot Fix.

I guess this has happened from the really good attempt at fixing the server lag

I get a feeling that after some of the recent cut backs, The people you cut back will be having a really good chuckle to themselves watching more and more of your hot fixes making what was broken even worse

Quote Originally Posted by sandmany View Post
    I guess this has happened from the really good attempt at fixing the server lag

I get a feeling that after some of the recent cut backs, The people you cut back will be having a really good chuckle to themselves watching more and more of your hot fixes making what was broken even worse
    If they are they'd be pretty stupid. This kind of thing happens all the time in MMOs and happened a ton in Rift since it was first released. It's pretty normal, and the rate at which Trion pumps out hotfixes makes it more likely to happen.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    We have an issue that was introduced in the past hot fix that, over time, causes high-population shards to experience significant delay when trying to activate abilities and participate in large group content.

Yea, I noticed the ability delay occurring, but thought it was just my Inet (it lags) so good to know a vast group of folks have reported the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread