Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Not funny

Telaran

Default Not funny

* Zone Events: Unmentored high-level characters may find that their damage is reduced against low-level colossi. Mentoring down to the level of the boss will allow you to deal normal damage.
    from recent patch notes.

So my toon is Level 52. The Zone-Event Mobs in Shimmersand/Stillmoor are Level 50 and green for me, but I do only damage in the range of 10-20 to them. This is not funny. And because of the Five-Level-Limit when I mentor down I'm Level 47 and it's not funny too -.-

Trion, when you change gameplaying rules you should also allow players between 51-60 to mentor down until one Level below actual Level, not 5. Because Leveling lasts longer from 50 to 60, and being punished for being Level 51+ is not funny. Did I mention, that it's not funny?
    Last edited by Adria; 04-06-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Ascendant

im sure with that topic in general discussion you will have the unparted dedication of the devs!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    im sure with that topic in general discussion you will have the unparted dedication of the devs!
    great news!

Sounds like a bug. Your still within the level range where that whole "mentoring" thing shoudnt come into play.

Id bug report it.

ITS FUNNY
    Last edited by No_Exit; 04-06-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    ITS FUNNY
    depends ...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Adria View Post
    from recent patch notes.

So my toon is Level 52. The Zone-Event Mobs in Shimmersand/Stillmoor are Level 50 and green for me, but I do only damage in the range of 10-20 to them. This is not funny. And because of the Five-Level-Limit when I mentor down I'm Level 47 and it's not funny too -.-

Trion, when you change gameplaying rules you should also allow players between 51-60 to mentor down until one Level below actual Level, not 5. Because Leveling lasts longer from 50 to 60, and being punished for being Level 51+ is not funny. Did I mention, that it's not funny?
    Calm down. It's clearly an oversight and something that will get addressed one way or another. Outside of these one-off scenarios that probably will only affect 1 out of every 250 players, this is an outstanding change from Trion.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    Calm down. It's clearly an oversight and something that will get addressed one way or another. Outside of these one-off scenarios that probably will only affect 1 out of every 250 players, this is an outstanding change from Trion.
    1 of 250? You're very optimistic. I'd say the whole actual playerbase (well equipped alts exclusive) from 50 to 54 suffers from this issue.
    Last edited by Adria; 04-06-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Sounds like a glitchy thing. From the wording of that patch note it sounds like it just means to alter your damage if the mob un-cons. Seems an oversight if con mobs have such a penalty ^.^

Worstplayerever@Faeblight. Guild <Dakkota>. Accepting deece pieces. I have sick PvP lewtz and stuff.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    it sounds like it just means to alter your damage if the mob un-cons.
    It's more like getting cought by the fishing-Counterbot that kills you instantly.

Stop doing level 50 zone events and hit 60 already.
    Dragons Bound: Greenscale (World-First) Akylios (US-Second) Laethys (World-First) Maelforge (World-First)
    -Vendetta- Warrior Lead, master of context.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Glad to have guys like you and rr helping out vladd

if you are 51, could you do zone events in IPP or droughtlands instead of Shimmersands or Stillmoor?

Current Dimension: @Faeblight :: Boriel Cabin

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Stop doing level 50 zone events and hit 60 already.
    But leveling in SL is boring. Carnages are boring. I do not want to level all the time in SL Zones, when there's so much I missed in the "old" open World. I want to go back and do the interesting Zone-Events and even gain some XP, but I don't want to be punished because I'm Level 51 or 52 or 53 or 54.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    if you are 51, could you do zone events in IPP or droughtlands instead of Shimmersands or Stillmoor?
    Yeah, I could even do Zone Events in Stonefield or Freemarch if they would happen. But the most Events start in Shimmersand/Stillmoor.

Ascendant

It's a little funny

Go do the Ember Isle quest chain. It's probably one of the more interesting chains for any of the existing continents. It's also the most scenic.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 04-06-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Dragons Bound: Greenscale (World-First) Akylios (US-Second) Laethys (World-First) Maelforge (World-First)
    -Vendetta- Warrior Lead, master of context.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Glad to have guys like you and rr helping out vladd

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast