Closed Thread

Thread: Auroral Doubloon

Plane Touched

Default Auroral Doubloon

Just found one of these on a toon I hardely ever play.
    Certainly haven't taken part in any of this seasons events.

Anyone else found this?

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Auroral Doubloons were the mount currency of the Carnival Of Ascended which is about to end. You got one a week via a weekly quest, and need three in total to get the Aurora mount
    Tasia, Leader of The Clandestine Community @ Argent EU.
    I like to show off dimensions - Latest Video: Bahmi Home
    Roleplayers from Argent, check Rift Roleplayers EU - new info hub!

Ascendant

You can't buy the mounts this year with them but there is a currency changer at the carnival that will give you 50 tickets for one.

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    You can't buy the mounts this year with them but there is a currency changer at the carnival that will give you 50 tickets for one.
    The currency changer for the 50 tickets only works for last years currency as far as I'm aware and they were Pyrite Doubloons. And you can buy this years mounts with Auroral Doubloons provided you have 3 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    You can exchange Pyrite Doubloons, which were last year's currency. Auroral Doubloons are this year's.

And how you would end up with the Auroral version if you didn't participate in any of this year's Carnival quests, I have no idea. Fiftyish, are you sure it's not a Pyrite Doubloon from last year?
    Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know. ― Pema Chödrön
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    You can exchange Pyrite Doubloons, which were last year's currency. Auroral Doubloons are this year's.

And how you would end up with the Auroral version if you didn't participate in any of this year's Carnival quests, I have no idea. Fiftyish, are you sure it's not a Pyrite Doubloon from last year?
    Totally sure it's this years, which is why I posted. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed this.
    I haven't done anything at this years carnival, except buy the cape and some dimention items with beads.

I'd be inclined to make a bug report if I was playing beta. But I'd never play beta.
    I mean why play something where you need to look for bugs when on the Live side the bugs find you?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyish View Post
    I'd be inclined to make a bug report if I was playing beta. But I'd never play beta.
    I mean why play something where you need to look for bugs when on the Live side the bugs find you?
    Because if you find and report the bug in beta and they fix it in beta then it will not find you in live. Granted, another bug probably will, but that one won't.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Because if you find and report the bug in beta and they fix it in beta then it will not find you in live. Granted, another bug probably will, but that one won't.
    OK, so if I were to go to beta, find the bugs that we know already exist in live, report them in beta, I could expect the next patch to include fixes for these bugs?

Closed Thread