Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Wow what a poor hot fix

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkside View Post
    yah they are working hard with dendrome and that wpvp boss.....oh wait
    Don't know about any wpvp boss, but Dendrome's already been announced for 2.3. And new souls. And whatever future Rift has in store for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rythandil View Post
    Don't know about any wpvp boss, but Dendrome's already been announced for 2.3. And new souls. And whatever future Rift has in store for us.
    Trion released something and hinted at dendrome being a pvp themed zone and then took back everything they said and hinted at =(. Screw new souls fix all the old ones first.
    Last edited by Thedarkside; 04-03-2013 at 03:35 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18
    Rift Team

Trion released something and hinted at dendrome being a pvp themed zone and then took back everything they said and hinted at =(.
    Sometimes you read what you want to read. No one intentionally hinted at any form of PvP content for Dendrome (Unless someone is out there saying things I didn't read) and when asked I was very upfront and said it was not.

~Daglar

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by sandmany View Post
    With all the probs Ingame least they had time to fix the Orange brevan Lightpost, I will sleep so much better tonight knowing it glows ;)
    I'm going to sleep like a baby now that this fix is in.

In all seriousness, we hot fix every week and we try to fix issues as we can. Not every issue can be addressed at once. There are a lot of things that have to get triaged and reviewed when making an MMO at the scale of RIFT.

Your personal priority for issues may not line up exactly with the priorities we have to set as a development team, but we do the best we can to provide updates and fixes to the game every week.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

In all seriousness, we hot fix every week and we try to fix issues as we can. Not every issue can be addressed at once. There are a lot of things that have to get triaged and reviewed when making an MMO at the scale of RIFT.

Your personal priority for issues may not line up exactly with the priorities we have to set as a development team, but we do the best we can to provide updates and fixes to the game every week.

~Daglar
    Along with that, there are different people in charge of different things.
    Just like you don't expect a taxi driver to perform heart surgery, you shouldn't expect the art people to fix a class issue.
    So... maybe the art people had nothing else important to work on, even if the class people did.

...or something...

~Daglar

And this is another reason I think Daglar is just so AWESOME!

Personally I would have gone with the "HOLY CRAP, WE'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE ART ASSET DEPARTMENT FIX ENGINEERING ISSUES?! I'll make sure to make that adjustment right away!" tact. But to each their own, I suppose.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by meoka2368 View Post
    Along with that, there are different people in charge of different things.
    Just like you don't expect a taxi driver to perform heart surgery, you shouldn't expect the art people to fix a class issue.
    So... maybe the art people had nothing else important to work on, even if the class people did.

...or something...
    Why don't the art people fix the damn collision all around TB. Only game where having faster and faster mounts gets more annoying, lol. As an example: the stairs leading up to the guild vendor/great hunt vendors has horrible collision towards the top, constantly snagging in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Wow, what a poor idea for a thread. Wow, what poor customer feedback!
    Agreed

What does a post like that brings to the game? Nothing?
    Should be locked, Pretty much enter the category "Useless complaints"

I have a feeling the OP also complains when it rains outside
    or the type of person that complains about gravity

<3, Exxy
    Last edited by Exxyy; 04-03-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Trion released something and hinted at dendrome being a pvp themed zone and then took back everything they said and hinted at =(. Screw new souls fix all the old ones first.
    absulutely you dont know to read or u are trolling us!
    I remember the post from a dev at public test forum i think and he said sth like ''a new open world pvp boss is in dendrome'' and at the next line ''just kidding no such thing''
    No one ever said a pvp boss is coming with dendrome. The thing we can expect with dendrome is the Strongholds

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kommon View Post
    Why don't the art people fix the damn collision all around TB. Only game where having faster and faster mounts gets more annoying, lol. As an example: the stairs leading up to the guild vendor/great hunt vendors has horrible collision towards the top, constantly snagging in the ground.
    Because drawing the art, and making it look a certain way has very little to do with how that object interacts with the area around it. That's like saying the guy that builds the airplane should fix the runway, or prevent turbulence.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    That's like saying the guy that builds the airplane should fix the runway, or prevent turbulence.
    No, it's like saying that the guy who designs the interior of the airplane should make sure that the food service cart can roll smoothly down the aisle. Your metaphor would be like asking the art department to fix how a mechanic on a raid boss works.

The layout of the "physical" objects in the game is a 3D modeling task, in other words, art.

Hallelujah!!!!!! They moved the gate to Denegar's Stand!!!!!!!

Yay, I'm a happy camper now!

Hmm, was there anything else in those patch notes? I just noticed the gate move! LOL

Sup bro.. we heard you like hot fixes so we hot fixed your hot fix.
    Last edited by Archemys; 04-05-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

I think we were spoiled to get so much content update at the same time Storm Legion was being worked on.

Despite a "small" hotfix, we know the team is working on big stuff for the future, and tries to address fixes and issues as they can.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast