+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Tired of seeing Cross Shard Event invites

Default Tired of seeing Cross Shard Event invites

I am tired of seeing Cross Shard chat invites that I cannot participate in as a member of the Seastone shard. How long is this going to continue before Trion addresses it? Can the Devs at least acknowledge the issue or provide a time frame for a fix? Or should I just take this as a hint to not expect anything regarding Seastone and resign myself to a slow death by neglect and antipathy.
    Last edited by Jacknife69; 03-29-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife69 View Post
    I am tired of seeing Cross Shard chat invites that I cannot participate in as a member of the Seastone shard. How long is this going to continue before Trion addresses it? Can the Devs at least acknowledge the issue or provide a time frame for a fix? Or should I just take this as a hint to not expect anything regarding Seastone and resign myself to a slow death by neglect and antipathy.
    I cancelled my subscription as a result of it. Guild that took years to put together has scattered to the four winds and not even a peep from Trion that a problem even exist.

This game reminds me so much of what happened with Farthammer. Why must history always repeat itself ? Do people never learn from past mistakes ?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    I cancelled my subscription as a result of it. Guild that took years to put together has scattered to the four winds and not even a peep from Trion that a problem even exist.

This game reminds me so much of what happened with Farthammer. Why must history always repeat itself ? Do people never learn from past mistakes ?
    You quit the game instead of just transferring shards??

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    You quit the game instead of just transferring shards??
    It's easier to create drama over someone else's supposed mistakes than face your own and fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    It's easier to create drama over someone else's supposed mistakes than face your own and fix the issue.
    I'm having trouble following you. What is the fix you suggest?

Plane Touched

i see Seastone players on other shards all the time. You just need a same faction player to group with you to act as an anchor, I think.

Soulwalker

Someone elaborate? I just renewed and play on seastone bc I enjoy ganking
    Helpless people 30 levels lower

Plane Walker

I would think the "slow death by neglect and antipathy" is, by far, the most likely. This is not the first hint. It is a long standing pattern. The Devs have intentionally chosen a ruleset AND an open world design that does not support Seastone. Unless the "faction" based pvp system is changed outside the "instanced" pvp crap, Seastone will wither on the vine until it finally succombs. There is no going back to meaningful PVP outside of "red vs blue"... For players that actually enjoy both PVE and PVP in the real world of Telara, there are very few reasons to continue playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
    i see Seastone players on other shards all the time. You just need a same faction player to group with you to act as an anchor, I think.
    Yeah that works until an opposite faction player joins your group. Seastone players are perpetually pvp flagged even on PVE shards... so as a Guardian, when the first Defiant joins the group... I get kicked. Thanks Trion. Tired of seeing Cross Shard Event invites-bugew.jpg As you can see, it works great in PVE too. Seastoners cant join cross shard 20 man or 10 man dungeons either.
    Last edited by Jacknife69; 03-30-2013 at 05:32 PM.

I realized that pic was too small. Read the chat log carefully.

This happened upon zoning into the TDQ 10 man instance with a Cross Shard mixed faction group.

Thanks Trion. Working as intended to make low pop servers no pop servers.

Rift Disciple

What is filth from seastone doing on pve shard anyway?Go back to ganking low levels in your dead "shard"

Champion

Yeah that works until an opposite faction player joins your group. Seastone players are perpetually pvp flagged even on PVE shards... so as a Guardian, when the first Defiant joins the group... I get kicked. Thanks Trion. Attachment 10054 As you can see, it works great in PVE too. Seastoners cant join cross shard 20 man or 10 man dungeons either.
    I really don't see why you're crying as hard as you are. You're on a very specific shard, that you chose.That shard has a very specific gameplay. Trion has given you the opportunity to move off that shard and away from that gameplay, whenever you choose. So creating a fuss because you can't be like everyone else is pretty ridiculous, considering its something you choose to do (open world PvP on Seastone). If you don't want to have those restrictions placed on you, transfer off. Its that simple.
    [CENTER]
    Cleric Tank - Trinity - 100k HP Club
    3/3 IG | 4/5 PB

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by EchoesIE View Post
    I really don't see why you're crying as hard as you are. You're on a very specific shard, that you chose.That shard has a very specific gameplay. Trion has given you the opportunity to move off that shard and away from that gameplay, whenever you choose. So creating a fuss because you can't be like everyone else is pretty ridiculous, considering its something you choose to do (open world PvP on Seastone). If you don't want to have those restrictions placed on you, transfer off. Its that simple.
    Here is the problem, we cant go to your server and participate in events. YET you can come to our server and stay unflagged, even as a healer to pvper's and we cant do squat to kill you or drive you away. This is more of Trion crap that they wont address or even acknowledge because we "choose" to be on a pvp server and according to some of you deserve what we get.

Quote Originally Posted by EchoesIE View Post
    Are you being serious or just trolling?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by scott0301 View Post
    Here is the problem, we cant go to your server and participate in events. YET you can come to our server and stay unflagged, even as a healer to pvper's and we cant do squat to kill you or drive you away. This is more of Trion crap that they wont address or even acknowledge because we "choose" to be on a pvp server and according to some of you deserve what we get.
    So you'd be completely satisfied with Seastone being blocked off from incoming summons as well?
    [CENTER]
    Cleric Tank - Trinity - 100k HP Club
    3/3 IG | 4/5 PB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast