+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: SL compared to the Old Rift

Shadowlander

Default SL compared to the Old Rift

Am i the only one who feels that SL just isn't Rift? I can't seem to get into it haven't really played since i hit 60. Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kohr7 View Post
    Am i the only one who feels that SL just isn't Rift? I can't seem to get into it haven't really played since i hit 60. Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?
    Feel the same way, it just feels 'smaller' in content. New lv 60 content on the way though in the form of a dungeon and dendrome. So watch this space I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox View Post
    Feel the same way, it just feels 'smaller' in content. New lv 60 content on the way though in the form of a dungeon and dendrome. So watch this space I guess.
    Are you comparing based on everything available in pre-SL (i.e. up to Tier 3 content), or are you comparing Tier 1 content in a full game with Tier 1 content in an expansion?

Would be kind of unfair to compare SL, which is currently in Tier 1, and is an expansion, to Classic Rift which was a full game and had a little over 1 and a half years of content updates up to Tier 3 content.

It's been cited a few times from Devs in Livestreams and interviews that they made the Storm Legion Continents very big to provide room to expand and add new events and items.

So while it "might" seem a bit sparse and empty right now, as Jonus said, in another years time it'll also be jammed with goodies

Rift Master

That's why I never really like level cap raising. Goes from a ton of content that's built up over rifts existence to much less content. There's not really less content than when rift went live, but there's far less than right before SL.

I still have fun, and like the class changes on the way. More content is coming as well. Balance is alot closer than its ever been, despite the crying rogues.

Current content is a little lacking for weekly resets, but once a few more things are added it'll keep ya busy.

We need some master mode dungeons again too

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Are you comparing based on everything available in pre-SL (i.e. up to Tier 3 content), or are you comparing Tier 1 content in a full game with Tier 1 content in an expansion?

Would be kind of unfair to compare SL, which is currently in Tier 1, and is an expansion, to Classic Rift which was a full game and had a little over 1 and a half years of content updates up to Tier 3 content.
    I'm comparing how it was Tier 3 original with SL T1.

It might seem unfair but I dont expect games to go backwards after launch. I didnt subscribe to a new game when SL was released, feels like I did.

Feels like we had nice baby steps of the game getting better and better having more content added and then most of the past year and 1/2's work was made obsolete with the level cap raise and in return for all the nicely tiered, perfectly balanced Raids, diverse dungeons and tiered raid rifts we recieved.

-A large expanse of landmass that feels empty and is a pain to travel around.
    -A handful of annoying rep grinds and stone grinds
    -A Rift system that looks good on paper but after you have ground it out for rep becomes a mind numbing tacticless PVE nukefest.
    -Some buggy dungeons, That whilst I cannot fault, just don't 'feel' correct to me, I cant put my finger on why, but in my opinion they dont hold a light to the original dungeons.
    -A nice world event that is practically unplayable due to ability lag and whilst I like the concept, it became old very fast and now feels like a chore for collecting stones.
    -A nice 10 man dungeon (I like this and cant fault it)
    - Poor progression from dungeon difficulty to 2 overly hard T1 raids (please don't get onto this again, this is just my opinion. The op does not want the next 5 pages of this thread to turn into a discussion about raid difficulty)

These are only my opinions. They arent right or wrong because they are just opinions.

-Some buggy dungeons, That whilst I cannot fault, just don't 'feel' correct to me, I cant put my finger on why, but in my opinion they dont hold a light to the original dungeons.
    Welcome to the club.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Soulwalker

Yes, feeling the same. SL is like an expansion of an Asia-Grinder (maybe AION) not Rift. Its boring Grind without Rewards. From the Artefact-Changes to Crafting, from Conquest to the Souls, everything feels extremly uninspired and 1000 Times seen in the other WOW-Clones. Its now just a Raid-centric Game where Raiders get everything (exaggeration!), and the Rest gets nothing.
    Remember Raremobs like the one in IPP, where you walk on Clouds above the Altar? And now compare it to the new Ones.
    Or the Reward for the Achievements, like Ultimate Camper. Reward for the most Time consuming Achievement? Nothing.
    Or Crafting.Where are the missing Recipes like the epic Weapons for all Classes? Yes, there are a few but only for Raiders or someone who made millions of plats. (Soul of the Dead 15k-20k plat on the Servers i know). Why not add good Recipes with a really low Dropchance to the Landscapemobs in Ashora & Steppes? Nearly every Gamer would love that.
    Or the Souls. Where is the Axe-Swinging Barbarian-Cyborg? Where is the Healer who heals with something Magitech-like (maybe Parasites for Buffs and Debuffs)?
    Instead we have Dwarf Bards and the Standard Elf-Ranger like all the other Standard Fantasy-MMOs out there.
    In my Eyes Rift turned with SL from a triple A Game into an average B- Game. Its still good but only for Raiders...

Thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by Shritis View Post
    Where is the Axe-Swinging Barbarian-Cyborg?
    Probably in a more sci-fi oriented game.

On-Topic: I love SL, it's packed with awesome stuff and I haven't even completed half of it yet. I can't spot this "empty" feeling that people mention, but then again I suppose I just take in a broader aspect of the features. I guess if you only focus on raiding and dungeoning it might get a bit old relatively fast.

Plane Touched

I'm comparing how it was Tier 3 original with SL T1.

It might seem unfair but I dont expect games to go backwards after launch. I didnt subscribe to a new game when SL was released, feels like I did.

Feels like we had nice baby steps of the game getting better and better having more content added and then most of the past year and 1/2's work was made obsolete with the level cap raise and in return for all the nicely tiered, perfectly balanced Raids, diverse dungeons and tiered raid rifts we recieved.

-A large expanse of landmass that feels empty and is a pain to travel around.
    -A handful of annoying rep grinds and stone grinds
    -A Rift system that looks good on paper but after you have ground it out for rep becomes a mind numbing tacticless PVE nukefest.
    -A nice world event that is practically unplayable due to ability lag and whilst I like the concept, it became old very fast and now feels like a chore for collecting stones.
    -A nice 10 man dungeon (I like this and cant fault it)
    - Poor progression from dungeon difficulty to 2 overly hard T1 raids (please don't get onto this again, this is just my opinion. The op does not want the next 5 pages of this thread to turn into a discussion about raid difficulty)

These are only my opinions. They arent right or wrong because they are just opinions.
    I still don't understand this argument....the content that was released before Storm Legion is still there and hasn't changed since. If you want you can still do it and actually progress on it. Months ago Trion implemented a wonderful thing called mentoring.
    Want to do GSB/RoS/GP/DH and have it be a challenge? Mentor to 50.
    HK/RoTP? 51.
    ID/PF? 52.
    Can't beat enrages? Mentor up a level! Awesome, content that you can change the difficulty of.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by RogueUnseen View Post
    I still don't understand this argument....the content that was released before Storm Legion is still there and hasn't changed since. If you want you can still do it and actually progress on it. Months ago Trion implemented a wonderful thing called mentoring.
    Want to do GSB/RoS/GP/DH and have it be a challenge? Mentor to 50.
    HK/RoTP? 51.
    ID/PF? 52.
    Can't beat enrages? Mentor up a level! Awesome, content that you can change the difficulty of.
    Possibly the 2 main aspects of an MMO, for me at least are :

A feeling of character progression, via levelling up, new skills, acheievements or gear.
    The ability to complete content with a bunch of friends.

Old content has no purpose in respect to character progression (was fun for a week or 2 to get all the achievements)
    Finding friends that wish to mentor down and run old content is pretty hard.

Sure, rarely we all mentor down and run a new guild member through an old raid. But with the grind SL created many would rather spend their time more productively progressing their character grinding rep/stones/running sl dungeons etc.

I dont see your "still do it and progress on it comment" and again im been very careful to specify this is just my guild but pre SL we had all 10 mans on farm, GSB/ROS/HK on farm and ID upto Rusilla on farm. We hit them weekly and had fun as the carrot existed to gear our raid team up and maybe get a bit further in ID.

There is no longer a carrot to do these old raids.

There is no longer a carrot to do these old raids.
    Easy fix.

#1. Adjust the old weeklies to include full clearing of content to complete.

#2. Offer ALL four current old world raid weeklies every week.

#3. Introduce additional raid weeklies for HK, RotP, PF AND ID AND offer them every week, too.

#4. Include Eclipse Stones AND Infinity Stones for completing ALL of these weeklies so that sub-level 60 toons can bank currencies toward gear on their way to 60.

And...
    #5. Introduce a new token that yields plat upon consumption sold at a vendor like the old PA tokens were. Specifically aimed at those players who will be max PA and are fully geared. They will still have the choice of getting some useful coin for participating in these weekly quests.

"In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

I miss pre-SL PvP so much.

R.I.P open world PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    It's been cited a few times from Devs in Livestreams and interviews that they made the Storm Legion Continents very big to provide room to expand and add new events and items.

So while it "might" seem a bit sparse and empty right now, as Jonus said, in another years time it'll also be jammed with goodies
    Why don't you guys try reading the quote i took from the fourth post in this thread?
    Slipmat is repeating what was said by the devs themselves and quoted in many other threads and you folks keep bashing the same key, that SL lacks content. There will be content. Lot of it. That's why the devs left so much room.

The chocolate rift feels like an overflood of content because after two years a lot of stuffs were added. SL are still fresh, just wait...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Extrasens0ry View Post
    I miss pre-SL PvP so much.

R.I.P open world PVP.
    Yeah i feel the same way. PvP before SL was pretty darn fun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast