+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Exploit found

Default Exploit found

There is currently an Exploit being circulated that involves the planar rift warp abilities.

You have lots of people joining cross shard channels and forming cross shard groups and warping people across shards. This is unfair to the people of the local shard that these intruders are gaining access to. The exploit is being used to give people more Infinity stones through the event "Memories of Blood and Bone".

My responce
    if your gonna keep this crap than just give us all the t3 raid gear and let us all close our subs because this is unfair to to the players who actually worked for their gear and actually plays the game

If your gonna allow cross shard main world, than just merge all the servers into one big server

What you should do
    Roll back everyone who did the exploit to what they had before the exploit and remove the power to cross shard warp

My response to bashers
    You little kids can bash me if you want, My opinion stands.
    Last edited by Athran; 03-03-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Let me quote Daglar on this matter:

"Unintended but not an exploit.

We are actually going to be leaving these abilities on over the weekend until we see something horrifically breaks.

One of our longer term goals was to be able to fully support something like this, via UI, allow trading, etc - but 2.2 wasn't the intended time

~Daglar"

Also, I have no clue how farming more IS = unfair and relates to raid gear, but okay.
    Last edited by Ironic; 03-03-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Athran View Post
    There is currently an Exploit being circulated that involves the planar rift warp abilities.

You have lots of people joining cross shard channels and forming cross shard groups and warping people across shards. This is unfair to the people of the local shard that these intruders are gaining access to. The exploit is being used to give people more Infinity stones through the event "Memories of Blood and Bone".

My responce
    if your gonna keep this crap than just give us all the t3 raid gear and let us all close our subs because this is unfair to to the players who actually worked for their gear and actually plays the game

If your gonna allow cross shard main world, than just merge all the servers into one big server

What you should do
    Roll back everyone who did the exploit to what they had before the exploit and remove the power to cross shard warp

My response to bashers
    This whole thing screams "troll post"

I hope you're not serious

My responce

What you should do

My response to bashers
    Can you provide proof? I would be happy to forward it to our own department for review.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Can you provide proof? I would be happy to forward it to our own department for review.
    I will capture a secrenshot of the players doing the event

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post

Its not a troll post and me and several paying subscribers believe that you should play the game right

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post

Also how many infinity stones have you already obtained by this method that you don't want to see get rolled back

Yeah, you see what you've done there is made the classic rookie mistake of confusing a "Daglar" Mallard...

with the "Unintended Feature" Wigeon. You'll note the Wigeon applauds your efforts.

It pays to understand your duck taxonomy when Rifting
    Last edited by Bowler Hat; 03-03-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironic View Post
    Let me quote Daglar on this matter:

Also, I have no clue how farming more IS = unfair and relates to raid gear, but okay.
    Its not farming when your using resources not meant for you but meant for another player's shard

Ascendant

Also how many infinity stones have you already obtained by this method that you don't want to see get rolled back

Actually I wouldn't really care, I've only done one cross-shard event (and skipped a ton on my own)

But it's already been posted by Daglar that this won't be considered an exploit, and is being left up over the weekend as an unofficial test for bugs.

Rift Master

Its not farming when your using resources not meant for you but meant for another player's shard
    Interesting, I wasn't aware that there's only a limited amount of IS being handed out per event boss. It's pretty unfair if you don't get any rewards from hitting the boss, just because there's none left.

On a more serious note: I'm pretty sure more people come from a low pop shard to a high pop shard to get some IS because the rate of events triggering is much lower.

The only issue I can think of is event bosses not taking into account the cross shard people when scaling HP. As the cross shard players are coming over before the boss spawns this should be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post
    Interesting, I wasn't aware that there's only a limited amount of IS being handed out per event boss. It's pretty unfair if you don't get any rewards from hitting the boss, just because there's none left.

On a more serious note: I'm pretty sure more people come from a low pop shard to a high pop shard to get some IS because the rate of events triggering is much lower.

The only issue I can think of is event bosses not taking into account the cross shard people when scaling HP. As the cross shard players are coming over before the boss spawns this should be possible.

oh hello argent and bloodiron players, welcome to icewatch enjoy our lag.

-_-

on the other hand, it's a good thing for them meaning they dont have to swap shards for a week of farm.
    Guild Master/ founder of <Coral> @ Icewatch
    Founder of Paradoxical
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 4/5 EE
    Guild Site
    guild no longer active!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Keavhavdra View Post
    oh hello argent and bloodiron players, welcome to icewatch enjoy our lag.

-_-

on the other hand, it's a good thing for them meaning they dont have to swap shards for a week of farm.
    It went actually both ways Icewatch raid in argent, and argent raid in icewatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post
    I can think of many more consequences that can impact on others experience, particularly with client performance. Either way it's irresponsible to cavalierly let untested "features" continue to run on your production platform. Even with closer observation than usual it's going to be very difficult to detect any unintended consequences and be able to properly attribute them to their cause - there's a reason why we test in a test environment.

Trion should probably just do away with the PTS since it seems perfectly clear since 1.11 that they are much happier to just test stuff on Live anyway. The PTS serves no real purpose other than to preview upcoming content for some press releases - or for the epeen strokers; raid the PTS

This does NOT remove the responsibility to properly QA code before release. My guild had a string of mass disconnects and inexplicable screen lag during our farm run this weekend, can that be attributed to this "Unintended Feature" or is it perhaps some other aberration intent on disrupting our night? Nobody will ever know, including Trion.
    Last edited by Bowler Hat; 03-03-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Not all the locals on your shard agree, someone from your 'local' shard had to summon these intruders.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast