+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Checking with Trion

I vote we all mob Seastone during Volan and just have a big PvP orgy. Then we can see what happens when Volan wins.

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    How do you guys find someone to port you over to another server to do a ghunt, DRR, or whatever? I don't see any adverts for groups or anything. Do you guys just have friends on other server or what?
    You can join Level 60@Servername and ask someone to invite you to a group and port you.

OMFG this is awesome!!!

I'm an altoholic: Thirteen 60 clerics, eleven 60 rogues, eleven 60 warriors, five 60 mages, etc...

Shadowlander

I'm all for this, as long as people don't exploit it to death. I hope they work out the bugs to make it permanent soon.

I like it!

Does this mean I can go to a low pop shard mine their resources and come sell on my shard?
    Last edited by Polynikes; 03-01-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polynikes View Post
    Does this mean I can go to a low pop shard mine their resources and come sell on my shard?
    And farm their rares!

Other ideas:

Sudden zerg of faction home cities

HUGE GHunt zergs

Basically any kind of open world zerg

Can we go to that server's dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    If Volan breaks because there are far to many people there that's not something I'm going to even try to address right now. That wouldn't cause me to have it turned off.

Things that would cause me to have it turned off involve characters being corrupted in some way, or major exploits.

~Daglar
    Wait, wait Dag- wouldn't cause you to turn *Volan* off, or *xshard* off? Kinda worried about the lag during Volan if we end up getting scads of players from other shards running to him and beating him down, causing our Fae peeps to not get all the Infinity stones they normally would get... am I off base in my thinking here?
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

I just spent some time on Seastone doing some open world PvP with some old friends. Most fun I have had in a long time. Lets keep this for the time being, It might actually convince some of the PvP players to roll PvP shards again.

The only thing I wonder about is how this can effect the economy with artifacts and herbs and such. being able to farm on different shards and less populated ones might cuase some problems.

IMO activate the AH for things you farmed on that shard only.

For PvP it would be nice to be able to port around NON city areas. just implement a "go back home shard" ability.

edit: also for those wondering, I was unable to summons people while on Seastone, so only people who is originally from that shard can summon players from different shards.
    Last edited by Keota; 03-01-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Please for the love of god dont ruin this... and dont go trying to find serious exploits.

please.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Wait, wait Dag- wouldn't cause you to turn *Volan* off, or *xshard* off? Kinda worried about the lag during Volan if we end up getting scads of players from other shards running to him and beating him down, causing our Fae peeps to not get all the Infinity stones they normally would get... am I off base in my thinking here?
    Volan on Faeblight is a massive lag and crash fest as it is, I don't even wanna imagine other shards joining us lol.

Still I imagine there's some limits though right? I mean people from other shards could only join us for Volan etc. if we invite them to a party and port them right? Hopefully if the loss of stones/lag/crashing or even the event 'breaking' becomes too bad, it'll discourage people from inviting folks from other shards in the first place. End of the day it's our choice to invite/port people over or not.
    Duh.

So in a month when nobody needs events anymore and they all unsub 2.3 better be AMAZING.

This has no many con's Trion and should be fixed.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadili View Post
    So in a month when nobody needs events anymore and they all unsub 2.3 better be AMAZING.

This has no many con's Trion and should be fixed.
    Disagree. The cons are easy to fix, its the exploits they are watching out for.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Shield of Telara

I don't see people getting more stones as a Con. Back when people were stuck @ 50 for over a year, people still did Zone Events all the time. Implementing another ISS/IS transferring item would go a long ways towards keeping interest in Zone Events.

That being said, I think it'd be entertaining to run around doing Zone Events on different shards. Waiting around for something to do gets pretty boring when there aren't Events popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    How do you guys find someone to port you over to another server to do a ghunt, DRR, or whatever? I don't see any adverts for groups or anything. Do you guys just have friends on other server or what?
    use the "Crossraids" channel. This has been in place for awhile and has been useful to many so far. in chat type /join crossraids@faeblight
    Blackfield <-Divine Fury->: Mage

Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast