+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PA rollbacks?

Rift Disciple

And btw Ahov, my blah blah about lawyer **** was more blowing off steam than anything, you are correct, I did accept so in that aspect I am screwed.

Man, this hurts to read. I really thought that after the NQ infidels left that all of Rift was a clean cradle of honest players who would never resort to such a thing. I hope that Trion lays down the law in the toughest terms. I want mass bannings and I want them gone from this pure game.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

I pity the fool.
    Duh.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by scott0301 View Post
    Ahov, you got away with your exploits in Maximation so S T F U
    It's funny how people toss around my old guilds like Maxi and NQ and then claim I was one of the top exploiters.

There is zero evidence of this, and spouting that nonsense is quite desperate.

When Maxi was going for Strength of the Gods achievement, I was "that guy" that intentionally wiped the raid because the boss bugged out and I didn't want a cheesed kill.

Considering everyone in NQ hates me, and they don't care about getting forum bans, they would have released parses or screenshots of me cheating by now.
    Last edited by Ahov; 03-02-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I want mass bannings and I want them gone from this pure game.
    What if I told you they were banned?

I find it curious that the folks being rolled back are all up in arms. It's one day of PA XP. Granted, you cheated and got 10s of millions of XP in that one day, but you shouldn't have gotten it anyway.

Think of it as if you went to visit somebody over the weekend or something, and just didn't play Rift for ONE DAY. Be happy you weren't banned.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    A number I'm not going to share with you

~Daglar
    I think I love you- but what am I so afraid of?
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Standing on that vine is an exploit; doing "too much dps" on Typhiria is not an exploit.

Beruhast had something similar. If you had enough dps he would not even do his meteor or summon adds. You could roll in there with one healer and kill him in just a couple of minutes.
    No, with Beruhast if you stood on the wall, you were immune to his meteor and his adds. That was the exploit. I was the healer for that encounter. After wiping on him a few times and trying to figure out the mechanics, we stood on the wall. After we saw the results we saw it was an exploit and never did it again because my guild has this wacky notion of you know, actually wanting to *earn* our kills and achievements.

And our PA.
    Last edited by ilex011; 03-02-2013 at 04:23 AM.
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by xxar View Post
    I didnt use the method , but its not cheating .

The people killed a legit mob , that trion put a exp value on. The mob has been adjusted I dont see the reason to reset anything.
    Because the situation is a priori. It was an exploit at the time, so it stands to reason that the people who benefited from it should be rolled back now.
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by scott0301 View Post
    Daglar, I am not asking you to rethink the roll backs, I am tellinh you however your application of jsutice on this is BS. I constantly report a duper on Seastone and yet he returns on closely renamed toons putting MASSIVE amounts of crafting epics in such numbers that no one can possibly farm that many mats. You allowed in Original Rift LOTS of exploits to continue for extended periods of time such as guilds such as MAXIMATION server hop for server firsts and power farming HK for HUGE aquisition of HK relics. The powerstone exploit was months old when you finally slapped NQ on the wrist and said bad bad. IT was being done by tons of players from many guilds on all items for a while. To go across servers and smack us like this for a minute amount of PA does not instill any loyalty in your player base ESPECIALLY when you have still allowed the exploiters that duplicate items to continue to play.

In esssence Horray for you reading logs, BOOOO to your piss poor application of power and justice. Now I do believe I shall reread the ToA and ELUA and find where you have violated my contract and have a fellwo guildy who is a lawyer draw up some proper violation papers.

Wrong thread for the topic.

PS: Hyperbole gets you nowhere.
    Faeblight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEianPdvx8Q
    one for every kill
    y'all shoulda known better
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 03-02-2013 at 04:42 AM.
    who took my names!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    On a side note, I see a number of folks complaining in the thread (no names!), that are pretty high on the list of times they did exploit. 118,262,964 exp in a several hour period is certainly not intended.

~Daglar
    Just like transferring to open world shards via rift summon is not intended, just like bugging murdantix, plutonus for progression kills is not intended, just like farming grugonim bugs for PA is not intended, just like farming HK chronicle trash is not intended. Want to know the one difference? None of these above actions were punished.

Rift Chaser

This thread is quite entertaining. I will never understand the "I knowingly cheated but should not be punished" line. I completely understand that there are different levels of exploiting . . . and also that it can sometimes seem as if the punishments are given out in an unfair manner but . . . .if you exploited and are complaining about being caught and punished thats just funny. Involving a lawyer? Thats even more hilarious.

Also, on a sidenote I thought we had put the whole NQ issue behind us as a community? I know personally I am getting tired of hearing about them.
    Even -Pax Illuminatus- Faeblight Shard
    Oddrit - Pax Illuminatus - Faeblight Shard

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Even View Post
    This thread is quite entertaining. I will never understand the "I knowingly cheated but should not be punished" line.
    Its interesting to me what is deemed cheating and what isn't. Examples above are exactly the same line of using a mob in an instance with a high XP rate to get PA, yet none of those were punished.

To be honest I am not questioning this decision in isolation but it is unfair to expect a player base to not be p'd off considering the history of how they have dealt with very similar bugs. The UB farm (yes I did it) did not feel like an exploit as you were completing boss mechanics correctly (in fact dealing with an enrage... bloody hard work) and yes the XP was very high, but given prior examples I was happy in the assumption that it would be hotfixed and left alone as with all other times. Why now the roll backs? Inconsistent and as a result very annoying

Default thank you daglar!

for swiftly dealing with this people who exploit!! <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast