+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Time's of the Carnival's Launch

Default Time's of the Carnival's Launch

I was curious to see if anyone knew when the Carnival Event was going to kick in? I've searched the forums and googled my butt off but haven't really seen anything about it, just that its released today. Any info would be awesome!

World Events usually start the day after Patch day (so Thursday). Not 100% sure if that is 'on-the-dot' Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitters View Post
    I was curious to see if anyone knew when the Carnival Event was going to kick in? I've searched the forums and googled my butt off but haven't really seen anything about it, just that its released today. Any info would be awesome!
    World Events usually start (phase change and end) at 3:30pm PST on Thursdays. I would assume that COTA's pre-festivities will start tomorrow =)

They launch the world events a day later, probably so that us Europeans can keep up

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    They launch the world events a day later, probably so that us Europeans can keep up
    No, it had nothing to do with NA/EU. This was my reply to someone on another forum:

It used to go out with patches until Carnival of the Ascended last year :3 (1.7 Hotfix #11 3/16/12). One of the COTA weeklies reset on Wednesday that allowed people [who noticed] to get an extra piece of the mount currency and thus were able to get their mounts a week early. Since then, WE start and end on Thursdays.

3:30 PM Thursdays are cycles for all events

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Indeed - to officially reiterate, World Events start @ 3:30PM Server Time (EU & NA) on the day following the update (typically Thursday.)

In this case - the preliminary phase (Phase 0) of the Carnival of the Ascended (Parade Prep & Dragon Pinatas) will fire off at that time tomorrow!

And if all continues as planned you'll see the following phase changes on these days:

Phase 1 - March 7th
    Phase 2 - March 21st
    Event End - 4/4

Please note - these are subject to change at anytime!!!

Thanks all,
    Last edited by Elrar; 02-27-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Indeed - to officially reiterated, World Events start @ 3:30PM Server Time (EU & NA) on the day following the update (typically Thursday.)

In this case - the preliminary phase (Phase 0) of the Carnival of the Ascended (Parade Prep & Dragon Pinatas) will fire off at that time tomorrow!

And if all continues as planned you'll see the following phase changes on these days:

Phase 1 - March 7th
    Phase 2 - March 21st
    Event End - 4/4

Please note - these are subject to change at anytime!!!

Thanks all,
    thanks elrar
    cant wait for the carnival!!!

Good to know.

When I asked about this in 50 chat today on Faeblight, I got called the "c" word, for asking.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

guessing the C word wasn't "curious" ...

stupid 50's chat.
    But again, truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty you need only look into a mirror

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Indeed - to officially reiterated, World Events start @ 3:30PM Server Time (EU & NA) on the day following the update (typically Thursday.)

Thanks, Elrar. Would it be possible to maybe put that in the patch notes? I read through them twice, and there was nothing that indicated that the event didn't start as soon as I installed the patch. It's especially confusing to those of us who aren't familiar with the schedule when the rest of the stuff in the notes takes effect immediately.
    Adrike - Kelari - Mage - Faeblight
    Lyrios - Kelari - Warrior - Faeblight
    Zashia - Eth - Rogue - Faeblight
    Chausiko - Bahmi - Cleric - Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by rosenoire View Post
    Thanks, Elrar. Would it be possible to maybe put that in the patch notes?
    Agreed. Look Elrar (and the rest of you), if not for the communication and fill-ins of info from the community, where would this game be?

There is quite a lot you don't document, that you could easily do so with a sentence here, a sentence there. Assuming that everyone either knows, or passing the buck to the community to inform everyone else is just not professional.

Simple communication is not hard, but it is a hallmark of professionalism. And wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Good to know.

When I asked about this in 50 chat today on Faeblight, I got called the "c" word, for asking.
    Daaaaamn. That's sorta weird for Fae isn't it? But then I'm not on during reg 9-5 CST hours and haven't played much this week. Still...
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Daaaaamn. That's sorta weird for Fae isn't it? But then I'm not on during reg 9-5 CST hours and haven't played much this week. Still...
    Yeah. The server used to be really awesome..but it's been going downhill lately.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Default Waaahoo!!

I can't wait for Carnival! It'll be the first one for me. Now..to do my homework and learn about all that's in store..
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1143027&dateline=1357  537847
    Michael Hansen Game Designer - Live Content-"try a different game, one that awards a bigger prize" Done. Paid subscription cancelled, and I won't buy Rift Credits or store items.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast