+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tech Talk: RIFT Performance in 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    (The fastest code is, of course, code that never runs )
    In that case, do you realize how lightning fast the SWTOR engine code runs in comparison to Rift?

Actually, now that I have the tools set up to debug clients on live servers, this bug is on the list - we've been unable to duplicate it locally, but (hopefully) I can figure out what's going on while I'm tracking down performance problems.

No promises, unfortunately, because I've already tried to fix it twice and failed. It's proven quite slippery.
    If you need any information at all just let me know. I would be more than happy to help. I find this bug to be most irritating

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #33
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Flycutter View Post
    If you need any information at all just let me know. I would be more than happy to help. I find this bug to be most irritating
    If there's any highly reliable and simple reproduction steps you can give, starting from "start the patcher" and ending at "you will see objects vanishing", that'd be great. Right now, the best steps I have are somewhat unreliable and involve several steps that logically don't seem like they could be related.

That said, I suspect this is going to be one of those bugs that just doesn't have good reliable simple reproduction steps.

Rift Disciple

Actually, now that I have the tools set up to debug clients on live servers, this bug is on the list - we've been unable to duplicate it locally, but (hopefully) I can figure out what's going on while I'm tracking down performance problems.

No promises, unfortunately, because I've already tried to fix it twice and failed. It's proven quite slippery.
    Im pretty sure and almost certain it has something to do with alt+tabbing out on a regular basis or not having rift as the main focus for a long period of time.
    I dont seem to get the graphics error when im logged in and doing something for most of the day as soon as I start tabbing in and out it begins to appear.

Ascendant

Will this stop the loading screens i get in tempest bay with every couple of steps i take?? if so can we possibly get this pushed through before 2.2?? maybe tomorrow morning if possible

Telaran

any chance we will see a fix for the game not running right when trend micro titanium 2013 is running? i realize its an issue that only affects a few of us but still it is annoying that i have to turn off my security when playing an mmo, which on its own is not bad but going to sites to find info on quests and gear is risky as it is one of the most hacked things.

Fantastic.
    what is this I don't even

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    In that case, do you realize how lightning fast the SWTOR engine code runs in comparison to Rift?
    And do you realize how ugly and outdated the SWTOR engine looks in comparison to Rift?
    Last edited by Sindariel; 02-22-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Rift Disciple

If there's any highly reliable and simple reproduction steps you can give, starting from "start the patcher" and ending at "you will see objects vanishing", that'd be great. Right now, the best steps I have are somewhat unreliable and involve several steps that logically don't seem like they could be related.

That said, I suspect this is going to be one of those bugs that just doesn't have good reliable simple reproduction steps.
    I've seen this issue as well, and like the other poster said it seems to happen regularly when you a) don't have rift focused for a period of time (I'll test and come back with some numbers) or b), just stand around without touching the game for a period of time (again, will come back with hard numbers).

Quote Originally Posted by Gildartsclive View Post
    Would also be nice if the 20% of the CPU usage limitation gets removed, or increased.
    That was discussed at significant length in Zorba's post.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid114 View Post
    Im pretty sure and almost certain it has something to do with alt+tabbing out on a regular basis or not having rift as the main focus for a long period of time.
    I dont seem to get the graphics error when im logged in and doing something for most of the day as soon as I start tabbing in and out it begins to appear.
    I'm using fullscreen windowed and it happens to me every time in Southwest Ashora. That's the most noticeable place with huge rock formations having a disco party.
    Quack?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkonnat View Post
    I'm using fullscreen windowed and it happens to me every time in Southwest Ashora. That's the most noticeable place with huge rock formations having a disco party.
    That's where it happens for me too. I've only noticed it in Ashora and Cape Jule.

Telaran

I would also LOVE a crash to desktop pass regarding using porticulums since the storm legion patch about a month before SL launched. I crash constantly 50% or so on porting unless running on LQR then the crashes disappear. This is quite game breaking because it NEVER happened before the patch : /

Sucks when you cant even USE your high end GPU.

the flickering objects bug tends to happen a LOT when you alt+tab out and the window losses focus. The more you do it the faster it happens and the more apparent is becomes. really simple to replicate on my computer.

I know this probably doesn't help, but I have only ever seen it after a loading screen. It has never once just shown up after I've been in the zone for an hour. Always after taking a porticulum, using a teleport ability, or leaving a dungeon.

EDIT: And I play on fullscreen windowed, so Alt-Tabbing might cause it if you play in just fullscreen, I don't know.
    Last edited by xanduin246; 02-22-2013 at 05:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast