Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dear Trion... About the Love Bug...

Default Dear Trion... About the Love Bug...

Who's idea was to make it a reactive ability?

Reactive abilities, by definition, are actions needed to be taken in a short amount of time. This abilities can also be key bound to make it easier for the player to "react" to an event. So, again, who's idea was to invalidate all that by placing a heart that moves that reaction to the side and makes your key binds useless?

How does this affect the game when you use keybinds?

Tower of the shattered:
    Stealth packs and first boss

Exodus of the storm queen:
    DUEL ( YES it ****S UP the DUEL)
    Last Boss's Event

Unhallowed Boneforge:
    Spider Boss

etc etc etc

tl:dr
    Yes Trion, It SUCKS when other players have the power to rearrange your key binds and UI layout in a sec and w/o notice. all this with the player having NO CONTROL to block it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    Who's idea was to make it a reactive ability?

Reactive abilities, by definition, are actions needed to be taken in a short amount of time. This abilities can also be key bound to make it easier for the player to "react" to an event. So, again, who's idea was to invalidate all that by placing a heart that moves that reaction to the side and makes your key binds useless?

How does this affect the game when you use keybinds?

Tower of the shattered:
    Stealth packs and first boss

Exodus of the storm queen:
    DUEL ( YES it ****S UP the DUEL)
    Last Boss's Event

Unhallowed Boneforge:
    Spider Boss

etc etc etc

tl:dr
    Yes Trion, It SUCKS when other players have the power to rearrange your key binds and UI layout in a sec and w/o notice. all this with the player having NO CONTROL to block it.
    I don't mind it, it's just that it should only be used in either Meridian or in Sanctum like the achievements says it can be used. People just drop it everywhere in TB cause they don't want it either. It's a reactive cootie.

1) Give it to 3 other people and you're immune to it for an hour. Do that before you queue.

or...

2) Right click to take it off. If someone in your 5-man gives it to you after you've said it's not requested, boot them.
    Last edited by ItsKarmah; 02-18-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ItsKarmah View Post
    1) Give it to 3 other people and you're immune to it for an hour. Do that before you queue.

or...

2) Right click to take it off. If someone in your 5-man gives it to you after you've said it's not requested, boot them.
    Or better just make it inactive in any form of instance.
    If you plan to kick that tiger in the rear end. You better have a plan for the teeth on the other side!!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsKarmah View Post

or...

so...
    #1 Do something EVERY HOUR so others can't have control over your ui/binds? So let others have control over what you do every hrs so they dont have control over your ui/binds. awesome work around :/

#2 Log off the game? If you kick everyone doing it, you will never have people to run with.

You are completely ignoring the point. Its not "follow all this steps so you can, slightly, mitigate the problem" but rather "DO NOT create the problem in the first place". The problem is giving OTHERS power over something as personal and tailor made as ui/binds are.

*Make it an item in your inventory you can place in your bars to use rather than force a ui/binds modification. See how simple it is to make it work? From a developer stand point its a stupid and sloppy mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    Or better just make it inactive in any form of instance.
    and Instant adventures, and quests, etc. Or just make it an item you can drag to your bars

Note to self: use the Love Bug to troll Vortex clickers on the Twins, take video.
    Last edited by bitnine; 02-18-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    so...
    #1 Do something EVERY HOUR so others can't have control over your ui/binds? So let others have control over what you do every hrs so they dont have control over your ui/binds. awesome work around :/

#2 Log off the game? If you kick everyone doing it, you will never have people to run with.

You are completely ignoring the point. Its not "follow all this steps so you can, slightly, mitigate the problem" but rather "DO NOT create the problem in the first place". The problem is giving OTHERS power over something as personal and tailor made as ui/binds are.

*Make it an item in your inventory you can place in your bars to use rather than force a ui/binds modification. See how simple it is to make it work? From a developer stand point its a stupid and sloppy mechanic.
    I have to agree with you. If nothing else it's just plain annoying to myself and plenty of others. The guy who thought of this idea......is he the one that thought of making fished up dimension items BOP?

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Note to self: use the Love Bug to troll Vortex clickers on the Twins, take video.
    It would have been amazing for Russila's Dread Shot. That way you only kill your target and not the raid :P

Need to do it right before they get the reactive so the bug takes 1st spot.

Ascendant

You know it is very very easy to avoid this Love Bug nonsense. I haven't been tagged with it once. What is more.... I know I won't be..... I wish it were different but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajhal View Post
    You know it is very very easy to avoid this Love Bug nonsense. I haven't been tagged with it once. What is more.... I know I won't be..... I wish it were different but hey.
    Are you saying that finally there's an upside to being forever alone?

This is what happens when you put a bunch of nerds together in a think tank to come up with "fresh" ideas. While it's funny in the office between the nerds, to those who play the game it's a hindrance.

Someone wrote a script macro that will auto remove it for you. Not an 'ideal' solution, but it works perfectly for me.

Yes, Trion should have made this restricted or more easy to opt-out of; however, there's also a perfectly viable solution on these forums for anyone who'll spend 2 minutes it takes to look for it. (I believe it's the second post in a thread about the love bug)

Code:
    script if not LOVEBUG then LOVEBUG=true local e=({next(Inspect.Addon.List())})[1]local i=Inspect.Unit.Lookup("player")local n local t table.insert(Event.Buff.Add,{function(d,e)if d==i then for e,i in pairs(e)do if i=="B3F04AB1FD601EC35"then n=e t=Inspect.Time.Frame()+.3 end end end end,e,"LOVEBUG"})table.insert(Event.System.Update.Begin,{function()if n and t<Inspect.Time.Frame()then Command.Buff.Cancel(n)n=nil end end,e,"LOVEBUGDELAY"})end
    From 2nd post in this thread

You copy/paste the above code into a macro. Click it once from your hotbar (you can't click macros in the macro window). Remove the lovebug if you have the buff. The script will then keep you from getting it again.
    Requirements: you must have at least one addon running for it to work and you will need to click it again for each session (ie: whenever you log in).
    This is not my creation, all credit should go to Valnak
    Last edited by Crovack; 02-18-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovack View Post
    Code:
    script if not LOVEBUG then LOVEBUG=true local e=({next(Inspect.Addon.List())})[1]local i=Inspect.Unit.Lookup("player")local n local t table.insert(Event.Buff.Add,{function(d,e)if d==i then for e,i in pairs(e)do if i=="B3F04AB1FD601EC35"then n=e t=Inspect.Time.Frame()+.3 end end end end,e,"LOVEBUG"})table.insert(Event.System.Update.Begin,{function()if n and t<Inspect.Time.Frame()then Command.Buff.Cancel(n)n=nil end end,e,"LOVEBUGDELAY"})end
    From 2nd post in this thread

You copy/paste the above code into a macro. Click it once from your hotbar (you can't click macros in the macro window). Remove the lovebug if you have the buff. The script will then keep you from getting it again.
    Requirements: you must have at least one addon running for it to work and you will need to click it again for each session (ie: whenever you log in).
    This is not my creation, all credit should go to Valnak
    Thanks a LOT to you and the Script writer. Still silly that we have to look for solutions to Trion created problems but this is not a big deal compared to the reward. Thanks again

EDIT: Next thread.."Trion, can we have an extra macro slot so we can implement the solution to the problem you caused? kktnxbye"
    Last edited by Gynxz; 02-18-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast