+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: How did you get Volan so right...

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Dyeus View Post
    Just give them armor that has to be broken first. Don't forget to make sure they all have like 10 different limbs, a tail and three heads so it takes a while.
    It does puzzle me. You break his leg, arm, tail, chest, head armour. Then kill him.

Why not just break his head armor and kill him?

What does armor on limbs have to do with things if you don't go for a disabling shot? Does it make sense to anyone else? Is it explained in some lore I missed? or does everyone just accept it as unnecessary padding for epicness?
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Champion

Volan works for you dudes? Ive prolly completed 2/6 volan events.. due to him bugging out.. volan is so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyeus View Post
    Just give them armor that has to be broken first. Don't forget to make sure they all have like 10 different limbs, a tail and three heads so it takes a while.
    I see someone played the LI event in gw2...

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I see someone played the LI event in gw2...
    No, he's describing the Volan event. Heh.

I think the Volan fight is about as good as it gets for open world 500 player zergfests. It's cinematic, has fun low gravity elements, cool voice acting, and a legitimate risk of death.

2.2 is supposed to introduce a slew of new zone events - hopefully they're extremely painful and loaded with difficult mechanics that punish people on outdated PCs. I'd much rather hear QQ about "too hard" - provided the rewards are boosted to accompany the repair costs.

Bring on the big nasty stuff, and throw in more cool features like fighting .5KM in the air on a swiss cheese rock like the Morban event.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Yeah, hunt rifts are, indeed, a snoozefest. Mainly because the boss gets a dumb amount of HP when a bunch of people derp around inside the raid while it spawns.

At least the invasions part makes you pay attention. I could fall asleep during the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Methadras View Post
    I personally wish there was more than one colossus as well. Actually, two colossi per Ashora and Steppes would be awesome. Make them spawn at the same time so people would have to choose between either or.
    Volan Concept Art:

http://www.cheefong.com/Rift_concept...bnails%201.jpg
    http://www.cheefong.com/Rift_concept...bnails%202.jpg
    http://www.cheefong.com/Rift_concept...bnails%203.jpg
    http://www.cheefong.com/Rift_concept...bnails%204.jpg
    http://www.cheefong.com/Rift_concepts/Herman_Volan.jpg

More collosi? Yes please.
    Last edited by Jonus; 01-28-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Hesperius View Post
    You haven't started in on Qaijiri yet have you.
    Actually both are about the same point. 40kish from max.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    I think the Volan fight is about as good as it gets for open world 500 player zergfests. It's cinematic, has fun low gravity elements, cool voice acting, and a legitimate risk of death.

2.2 is supposed to introduce a slew of new zone events - hopefully they're extremely painful and loaded with difficult mechanics that punish people on outdated PCs. I'd much rather hear QQ about "too hard" - provided the rewards are boosted to accompany the repair costs.

Bring on the big nasty stuff, and throw in more cool features like fighting .5KM in the air on a swiss cheese rock like the Morban event.
    As a side note, I enjoy when the boss spawns for the Shattered Earth event because it usually appears near the Infinity Gate right next to the quest mob that has the aoe ability that can just about kill everyone in one hit. Its highly amusing to see almost the entire raid die when you can usually do most of these zone events in your sleep.

I also was involved in one Fortress Defense event that was much more interesting. We were defending in phase two and one of the ends we were defending also had a greater hunt rift open right there so we had to do both at the same time. That was a pretty epic fight and made the event much harder which was more fun to me.

Alot of people tag volan to finish the achievements there, a lot r still missing the leap into his head 25 times achievement (dont recall what its called).

The thing about volan, and the reason he is epic, is that it introduced a new fighting mechanic to the game. And we all hope in the future, the same mechanic will be implemented in boss fights in raids as well.. would be glorious
    Retired

IDK this fight is a freaken blast on a pvp server. It is the best owPVP event. You can get real 100 v 100 going during peak times.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by DaCommando View Post
    The thing about volan, and the reason he is epic, is that it introduced a new fighting mechanic to the game.
    Introducing a mechanics is one thing. Repeatedly using it for 40 minutes is overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post

My GOD i forgot about that guy... he hits hard as hell (even in tank gear)

thats easily the most fun zone event in Rift at the moment

more of that? YES PLEASE

Prophet of Telara

Hunt rifts are so tedious with very lttile reward,

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    Volan is the single best encounter in Rift so far.
    The dude just stands there, letting us shackle him then strip him naked before killing him. It's kind of creepy in a Game-of-Thrones-wedding Marquis de Sade kind of way.

Would be kind of neat if he moved around more, or used his size to try to stomp on us little ant-people. I know he's depressed about whatever that stuff is he keeps QQing about in his emotes, but still...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast