+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Soulbound Dimension items

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Well said! I can't believe they didn't do this in today's hotfix...and I can't imagine why. How hard can it be? I always thought Trion listened to it's player base, but I'm starting to question that now
    Quote Originally Posted by TalulaShippe View Post
    Seriously, Trion?

The Hotfix today doesn't make changes to the Soulbound status of dimension items. This is absolutely ridiculous.

The designers who actually want the dimension items tend to work on more than their own dimensions, and already stretch their time between building and ingame content (PvE, PvP, etc). So now fishing competes for that time, all because of the fishing bot problem.

There are a plethora of solutions you could enact: BoA, for starters. You can also pull the plug on the random treasures and just swap out the reward box for a currency, and give us a vendor where we can purchase the damned items if you want to make them BoP.

Seriously, this is not a complex issue, and for as much emphasis you seem to be placing on dimensions, you're pissing off the people who love them and invest in them.

Fix it.
    We don't know what the framework for RIFT looks like, how much time the devs have to work on this issue (Crucia nerfs could have taken a decent amount of time to design/implement) or how long it would take them to get this change put through. They might not want to just make them BoA, maybe they are working on other ideas.

Due to dimension items being different and special compared to other items that sit in your inventory and never see the outside world, the binding system for dimension items may be more complicated than just making the item in your inventory un-tradable. They also need it to be un-placeable in other people's dimensions while still able to be placed in your alts' dimensions. they may have to write/rewrite large portions of code to make this work correctly, especially if they are making them placable in guild dimensions.

I certainly did not expect such a change to go through in his latest hotfix. Give another couple weeks.

I'm concerned about the stealth changes to dimension items.

We've already seen some Fae Yule items become BoP on new alts and the new fishing items are soulbound as well. But now Gartyn's Amphora has suddenly become BoP. Will all the rep and world event items also become soulbound? More importantly, will it happen in a stealth nerf?

From someone who was over-the-top delighted with Dimensions, my enthusiasm is pretty much gone now in the space of a week with these new limitations. I hope Trion reconsiders them.
    Last edited by Jaedor; 01-31-2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: typo

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #33
    Rift Team

We're switching the fished-up dimension items from BoP to BoA in 2.2.

Thanks for your patience!

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post

I love this, but still think they shouldn't have been bound at all.
    Will this make us able to place them in guild-dimensions?
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

awesome
    Thanks you for this

Will they be placable in guild dimensions?

Great news!

Now I'll finally be able to reclaim some bank space.

Change in the right direction but unfortunately it's not enough if we're unable to place them in guild dimensions. Cheers.
    what is this I don't even

Thank you for this, it's a good step. I recognize that the ruleset for allowing a BoA item to also be extended to guild is much more complicated, but please consider ways to make it happen. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Thank you for this, it's a good step. I recognize that the ruleset for allowing a BoA item to also be extended to guild is much more complicated, but please consider ways to make it happen. Thanks.
    This. I understand the difficult ruleset to code this in, but definitely a much desired request.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Why not make dimension items upgradeable with variety of currencies in the game in order to make them tradeable? Things like Favor, Planarite, Empyreal and Infinity Stones become easier to part with the more time you put in the game. The prices should be high enough to discourage players from botting for profit but there will at least be an option to share or sell the items for those of us who play the game consistently.

In fact, who knows, maybe nondimensional players like myself will strike an interest in the game housing just by doing market research to decide which item is worth upgrading to trade.
    Last edited by Lestrade; 01-31-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Yea! this at least will help a lot. I have a couple of themed dimensions and got a great skull on the toon that doesn't have the death theme going on >.<

Hey tho..if you are on the wolfsbane server and want to check out my dimensions look up Seltara, Eltheria and Shadina
    Seltara ~ Defiant

Glad to hear this, can you confirm if this will apply to the items we already have fished up as well? and also could you let us know what plans are being made about placing these items in Guild Dimensions?
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Champion

I would rather that the items were traded between players so I can pass them on to guild mates who do make dimensions. They should be trade-able but not sellable on AH or at least let folks drop them in the dimension for the other person to place them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    Glad to hear this, can you confirm if this will apply to the items we already have fished up as well? and also could you let us know what plans are being made about placing these items in Guild Dimensions?
    Yes. Unless they intentionally go out of their way to make the old ones still BoP, which I highly doubt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast