Closed Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree320Likes

Thread: Please put back Falling Damage

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Can you show me where you found those numbers?

I really don't understand this change, and the majority I spoke to agrees that it was a silly move. So yeah, what you think is the majority, is not the same as other experience.

Trion, in my opinion, this was a silly move to remove fall damage. What's next? No damage from ground targets?
    Maybe a lot of QQers just find themselves in the same guild. Birds of a feather flock together and all that, cuz seriously, ive got 150 players in my guild now and only three have complained so far, and every time they do theres always around ten players who hadnt said anything in chat for hours who immediately chime in with "wut? you can shoot fireballs and ride mythical beasts but you wanna take damage when you fall? Lawlz".

So from my experiences, yes I would have to say youre the minority. And truth is that I didnt even care about fall damage till I realised how awesome and fun it made the game not to have it.

Maybe if people stopped worrying about such little stupid stuff like this that they only care about because theyre used to having it in a game, they could chill out and try to enjoy it.

But thats silly of me to say. QQ ing over little things like this must be way more fun based on how much of it I see.

And no. nothing HAS to be next. Trion doesnt have to nerf ground target damage or nerf dungeons or mail us epics or give us an I WIN button either like all the crybabies love to suggest is going to happen with this "slippery slope" devastating gamebreaking immersion killing change.
    Last edited by Ronin12312; 01-14-2013 at 05:14 AM.

I like not having to worry about fall damage. Is it really such a bad thing? It has advantages before it caters to a select group of people who want it for 'realism' --- in a fantasy game.

No damage at all? Thats kind of ... dumb. I can understand lowering it or something but removing? Why? I mean, not going to froth at the mouth about my immersion being broken or anything but there should be some sort of realism in the game despite it being a fantasy MMO (which is as dumb an argument as you can get BTW).

Rift Disciple

I personally have no problem with them removing fall damage. Then again I never really had a problem with it in-game either. I guess I'll go either way, just go with the flow.

I personally like the change. Hated falling dmg. But then I understand that Dwarfs get upset as this was their bonus thing.

At the end of the day I don't care if you bring falling dmg back or not. I can live without it.

One thing I have to say though, if you bring it back please nerf it down a bit. I mean jumping off the portal in Tempest Bay and taking falling dmg was ANNOYING AS HELL!!!

For the people that want realism in the game I think for you Trion should add some Lara Croft Tomb Raider into it, so that when you fall you scream like hell. I mean that would be realism, right? ROFL

Soulwalker

Yes, please remove the damage that is taken by the blows of enemies and environmental damage! Through these blue and yellow fields, you know, that sucks! Even the die in instances should be removed, that would be great!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    Trion

Please ignore this guy. There is a vocal minority whom, for some reason that is beyond me, is very much against this quality of life change. They cite things like "ruins immersion" and "no consequences" in reference to a FANTASY MMORPG set in a FICTICIOUS, FANTASY UNIVERSE.

It's really a sad day when a quality of life change like this gets the vocal minority so loud.

Other
    FANTASY MMORPG
    and
    FICTICIOUS, FANTASY
    quality of life change
    s include:

- One shotting bosses (I mean seriously, this is a FANTASY MMORPG)
    - Being immune to all forms of damage (FICTITIOUS)
    - Walking through all walls and barriers (FANTASY)
    - Instagibbing your opponents in WFs (if they don't instagib you first)

All perfectly normal in a
    FANTASY MMORPG set in a FICTICIOUS, FANTASY UNIVERSE

Telaran

Everyone needs to look up, and read into, the slippery slope fallacy. That is all.

The removal of falling damage its to make the game even more of a faceroll than it already was, i guess leveling in WoW kills you more now *Goes back to level my panda*.
    Last edited by Alistair; 01-14-2013 at 06:44 AM.
    Hey there, im no one.

As a person who treasures immersion, the change made me wrinkle my nose. But instead of calling shenanigans, I decided to give it a chance to work first.

What I have figured out is this:

1. I still get so immersed that falling off cliffs makes my stomach tickle cause it thinks I'm actually falling. The fact that I can't die from it, makes it an enjoyable thing - it does not set me back.

2. Not dying from fall damage now means that I can get somewhere faster, which is crucial in the race to a zone boss. Ashora has become fun, where as before it was a hassle.

3. I am now properly exploring the mountain areas, because it wont cost me a repair-bill. Telara is gorgeous from above.

4. I've found more open-world RP spots that are pretty neat. I am going to plan a plot about someone getting lost in the mountains, methinks.

Conclusion:
    I have an old voice within myself, going somewhat like this: "But we've ALWAYS had the fall damage!! It NEEDS to be there" in sort of a cranky way. And then I have this new voice going "But why, all it is, is a hindrance - an extra annoyance to grumble over. We have enough to worry about already, let's enjoy this and do some basejumping!" in a sort of hopeful happy way. And the happy voice is louder than the cranky one.

You know what I find more immersion-breaking?
    The broken walking animations and the lack of a walking animation for our mounts. That needs fixing.

*puts two silvers in a box*
    Last edited by Talila; 01-14-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Trion, please ignore this biggoted and blinded person. His sende of entitlement blinds him from realizing his isnt the only opinion that matters. He seems to be angry about.a.person who disagrees with his world view and would like to be overly abusive to anyone who does such.

Unfortunately, what this child fails to realize is that logic will win out. If i fall 500 feet off a cliff onto pointy rocks and take 0 damage, then why should crucia be able to hurt me? That dumb b*tch cant hit me with the same force of me falling and crushing every bone in my body.

Imo it is an immersion thimg for me, and im not even a RP guy.

Ps... inc ban for insulting a forum user to the same degree he degraded the OP.
    It's OK, his entire guild is like that. He probably doesn't really know any better at this point.

I am starting to kind of like having no falling damage. I still can't tell whether that's just temporary though. In the long run, it could make open-world adventuring seem less "real". Don't know. Would be interested to know how it feels to brand-new players.

I prefer Trion NOT put falling damage back in the game
    Or at least cut the dmg in half.. it was redundant when you would fall to your death from a 'speed-bump' hill in game..
    Never Seperate the Life You Lead.. From the Words You Speak

Greybriar..
    Qweewicket - Savatorian - Autumndawn - Fayanarose - Paddywicket
    WHEE alt much Lady!

Shadowlander

Easy Fix - add the option "I hate myself" to settings and those who like dying every time they trip over a small bump in the road and get critted by the ground can toggle that on and annoy themselves to their hearts content. The rest of us can just leave it off.

More elegant fix - Make it so that when you fall, you can press space and those ridiculous golden wings we have sprout out of our backs and we can glide (or parachutewing) to safety Aion style. This adds a skill component to falling and removes the certain death because your mount ran off one of the 3 trillion cliffs you added. Triple the distance we can fall before damage and find and remove all the terrain bugs that cause massive falling damage from a rock in the road.

I have the power to teleport from here to way over there, and have enough power to stand up to crucia herself and defend my friends from her wrath, yet I lack the ability to stop myself from getting hurt when I jump over a cliff because the ground hits me harder than any magical uberdragon could ever dream of? Realism my ***. Seems like REALISTICALLY I should've picked that up somewhere between "stab the mob in the face" and "teleport to safety while surrounding myself with a magical shield and then shrug off death itself".
    Last edited by Dissident; 01-14-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    Would be interested to know how it feels to brand-new players.
    New player (to Rift) of only two months. Been playing MMOs for over ten years.

Love it.

And wife feels the same.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast