+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By intrinsc
  • 1 Post By faye007

Thread: RaidLock Tips: Gadgets Outfitter Addon

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Warminster, PA
    Posts
    5,957

    Default RaidLock Tips: Gadgets Outfitter Addon

    I made a video showing my favorite addon for Rift. I try to give a solid overview on how it works, how to start working with it, and what it can offer everyone. Hopefully, some that haven't heard about it can bask in its glory and it can help them min max their time in content.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv4OWwWv88c
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,353

    Default

    What's this...something without me?! :-O

  3. #3
    Champion faye007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire, UK
    Posts
    500

    Default

    I have been looking at this addon for a while but not yet downloaded - looks pretty fantastic, thanks for the video!
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    R50 Azama - Mage L60 R 13 Optional - Rogue L60 Sardonic - Cleric L50 Snugglepants - Warrior L50 @ Zaviel

  4. #4
    Telaran syldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    69

    Default

    You can macro a role and gear change, along with karuul alert set changes, in game with one macro. this is mine.

    role 1
    kalert set=1
    loadequip 1
    kalert subset=10

    I tried this add on before unsuccessfully (2-3 months ago). I dont know if it was bugged, or I was being inane but either way I will give it another go.

    Apparently it allows you to store items in your wardrobe slot. Another benefit which I never saw before was it will remove 6 of my macro slots.

    Cheers for another look at how to and a reminder it is still there.

  5. #5
    Telaran syldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Got it working. Took some perserveering. You missed out that to create extra buttons, you have to clear the previous set with the "clear" option in the equipment set box.

    Also the new set buttons dont show up until you reload the ui. I made each button individual then logged out then in. I found reloadui was glitchy.

    I liked the wardrobe user space, and the fact you can set the icon to dissapear in combat.

    I disliked the clunky interface, and reloadui necessity painful.

    It would be nice if you had display text label as you moused over each icon to say what they were. I know you can have different icons. Until you have a set up you can recognise it will take hit and miss to get it right.
    Last edited by syldon; 01-02-2013 at 07:59 AM.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syldon View Post
    You can macro a role and gear change, along with karuul alert set changes, in game with one macro. this is mine.

    role 1
    kalert set=1
    loadequip 1
    kalert subset=10

    I tried this add on before unsuccessfully (2-3 months ago). I dont know if it was bugged, or I was being inane but either way I will give it another go.

    Apparently it allows you to store items in your wardrobe slot. Another benefit which I never saw before was it will remove 6 of my macro slots.

    Cheers for another look at how to and a reminder it is still there.
    Is there any advantage to this addon over using the above macro? I just macro'd my 6 roles and 6 gearsets...

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syldon View Post
    You can macro a role and gear change, along with karuul alert set changes, in game with one macro. this is mine.

    role 1
    kalert set=1
    loadequip 1
    kalert subset=10

    I tried this add on before unsuccessfully (2-3 months ago). I dont know if it was bugged, or I was being inane but either way I will give it another go.

    Apparently it allows you to store items in your wardrobe slot. Another benefit which I never saw before was it will remove 6 of my macro slots.

    Cheers for another look at how to and a reminder it is still there.
    karuul alert can be set to automatically change sets based on your roles changing, no need to macro it. I like keep my gear switching macros separate from my roles because sometimes I get a wild hair and want to wear DPS gear in my tank role and vice-versa

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Warminster, PA
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    One advantage over not using macros is that you have more open macro slots. When you are in a hardcore progression guild with new content you have tons of targeting and marking macros. We are also required to keep various roles and be good at everything our class does(except for Hosss). So, I have macros for Beastmaster, Grind Spec, Tank Spec, and 3 DPS specs(ranged, 2x Melee). This can get very expensive on your macro slot count and you use 50 very easily(remember when it was 25? OMG).
    Last edited by intrinsc; 01-02-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    182

    Default

    WTB more macro slots.

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Warminster, PA
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    Another thing to note: I don't know if they ever fixed it, but a few months ago there was a bug where having occupied macro slots would directly contribute to FPS drops. If this is still around then more macro slots would just lend to this problem. If it was fixed, then disregard.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    182

    Default

    I like the idea of going over addons. You should do one for Karuul, and give tips on how you can use it during raiding. Example: how to make a good, quick macro to let you know when Regulo's eyes are up. There's a lot you can get into (e.g., why does Karuul have restrictions with showing Wild Growth). There are several different Karuul setups for playing a warlock or defilemancer. You can ask one mage why he prefers one (cube formation), and another why he prefers the other (invisible icons).

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Another thing to note: I don't know if they ever fixed it, but a few months ago there was a bug where having occupied macro slots would directly contribute to FPS drops. If this is still around then more macro slots would just lend to this problem. If it was fixed, then disregard.
    I get lots of FPS drops with an excellent PC.
    Last edited by magisbladius; 01-02-2013 at 05:20 PM.

  13. #13
    Telaran syldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    69

    Default

    If you are talking of the macro bug where having misstyped ability names in your macros and on your bars: yes that was fixed a long time ago.

    I dont understand why you need many targeting macros ?

    I just generate a list as I work through the game version.

    this was my macro from vanilla and it worked fine all the way through:

    suppressmacrofailures
    tar noxious
    tar pollen
    tar force
    targetmark 2
    targetmark 1
    target thief
    target harbinger
    target butcher
    target nightmare spirit
    target escaped imp
    target escaped magu
    target ancient defil
    target umbral
    target archlich
    target ritual shaman
    tar crippling
    tar wizen
    tar lord
    tar spider
    tar apostle

    what is not there you cannot target so it works for many dungeons and raids.

    I can understand mulitple versions of target marking macros.

    target Galvanic Stormbird
    mark 2
    targetexact Galvanic Stormbird
    mark 1

    this will mark 2 targets of the same name with different numbers. I have a few versions of this.

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Warminster, PA
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syldon View Post
    If you are talking of the macro bug where having misstyped ability names in your macros and on your bars: yes that was fixed a long time ago.

    I dont understand why you need many targeting macros ?

    I just generate a list as I work through the game version.

    this was my macro from vanilla and it worked fine all the way through:

    suppressmacrofailures
    tar noxious
    tar pollen
    tar force
    targetmark 2
    targetmark 1
    target thief
    target harbinger
    target butcher
    target nightmare spirit
    target escaped imp
    target escaped magu
    target ancient defil
    target umbral
    target archlich
    target ritual shaman
    tar crippling
    tar wizen
    tar lord
    tar spider
    tar apostle

    what is not there you cannot target so it works for many dungeons and raids.

    I can understand mulitple versions of target marking macros.

    target Galvanic Stormbird
    mark 2
    targetexact Galvanic Stormbird
    mark 1

    this will mark 2 targets of the same name with different numbers. I have a few versions of this.
    I don't have a giant targeting macro because A) I don't like my chat spammed with "can not find X and Y" and B) I find it personally inefficient. You can do what you want and yes I know that trick from going through River of Souls progression back in 1.1 to mark all the adds.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts