+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bot fishermen

I reported the lot last night, not sure whether it's coincidence, but they all have disappeared today. Bots may not bother you if they're fishing, but they are a curse of mmos as they are run off stolen accounts/credit cards. The companies who run them also fund drug cartels. All in all they are BAD!
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaidar Haran View Post

In short, my humanity allows me to sympathize with any botters who are just trying to feed their loved ones while fearing the possibility that the botters I see in game are funding not just the enemies of America but more importantly - the enemies of good human beings everywhere. We can only keep motivating Trion to doing their jobs and working to limit all the illegal activity they can.
    Dude, I understand and agree with what you think, and your language was flowery, but calls towards this leading to Terrorism, Slavery (and I'm surprised child molesters were not mentioned by the way) are not just a strawman but a little twee.

Trion will do something, and I am sure that won't involve porticulum "personal area" searches and security cameras on each lamppost throughout Telara to "protect the rights and safety of the Free World" /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    The companies who run them also fund drug cartels. All in all they are BAD!
    Same message to you.

Your children ARE safe from these abhorrent monsters. ok?
    Last edited by Shibi; 12-07-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Vipurr View Post
    There is money in fishing. Either by selling them and the loot boxes. It is a shame that a few can ruin it for the majority.

There is NO justification for cheating! I have heard lots of excuses such as it is a macro and not a bot...dah..it still equals a bot! The botting players are obvious with the huge fishing sums on the leader board. Some justify the "macro" by saying it helps pay for the guild's vault tabs and raid supplies.
    Actually, what they are doing is rationalising the use of bots.
    There is NO justification for them.

That a guild would cheat to achieve such a simple goal as vault tabs and raid supplies leaves you wondering at honesty of their progression.

Trion should be able to remove bots.
    If they can't, why can't they?
    If they can, why don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyish View Post
    Triage. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triage

Actually, what they are doing is rationalising the use of bots.
    There is NO justification for them.

That a guild would cheat to achieve such a simple goal as vault tabs and raid supplies leaves you wondering at honesty of their progression.

I assume after slapping a band aid on it (removal of reel it in) they figured the issue would be gone and they could just move onto another issue.

Rift Chaser

Not at all.

It's a common methodology in Computer Science and the concept spreads across all facets of the profession from development to QA to support. It is incorporated into a number of ISO standards including he all import ITIL standards we would be talking with in the progression of this issue from reporting/observation through the various steps.

In basic, and it's not facetious in any sense of the word, quite surprising you even considered that...

You look at your list of issues, and I think we can agree from looking at the sheer volume of Wine produced on the forums this expansion it's a bumper harvest and you split them into game breaking (like the hotkeys dissapearing), Critical (like broken dungeons and class mechanics one would assume), Important (like botters and exploits) and cosmetic (spelling mistakes and floating fish)

You then work through those in a particular manner assigning a few of the cosmetics to your new team members to ensure they can come up to speed and there you have it. The list is slowly reduced, most important issues first but with your devs in training cutting their teeth on cosmetics.

Some companies change the meaning of each triage level, maybe using Sev1 to mean game breaker; Sev2 to mean critical, all hands on deck; Sev3 to mean get it done after those are completed and Sev4 and Sev5 at the bottom which becomes... maybe an intern can do it one day.

They know. OK? They have partially addressed the issue by slapping a bandaide on to staunch the bloodflow but they need to get through some rather more important issues before they can return to drive the final nail in the coffin.

Myself, as a QA software engineer for a world leading international airline this a Sev3 bug, a lot of the most important damage it causes has been mitigated and right now it's causing a problem reasonable people can live with.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2