+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: What is a carnage quest?

Plane Walker

Default What is a carnage quest?

I've done the entire first zone and did everything I could find. How would I know if I did one?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Blazemon View Post
    I've done the entire first zone and did everything I could find. How would I know if I did one?

Thx

Thats the magic of carnage quests! you don't even know you do them
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 12-03-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Carnage quest is when you kill a mob and then it auto accepts and then you have to kill another 14 to 16 same type mobs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ..... Basically Trion's lazy way of implementing extra content that takes forever to do in order to buy the devs some time to finish the damn game. Because everyone who gets to the last zones is like WTF why is this place so deserted? Where's the epic ness of it all? Some people like that sort of questing it's just part of MMO developers these days.

They got spooked by GW2 and Pandas so they rushed stuff out to compete which was a bad move. Pretty game but looks are only skin deep...

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Polynikes View Post
    Carnage quest is when you kill a mob and then it auto accepts and then you have to kill another 14 to 16 same type mobs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ..... Basically Trion's lazy way of implementing extra content that takes forever to do in order to buy the devs some time to finish the damn game. Because everyone who gets to the last zones is like WTF why is this place so deserted? Where's the epic ness of it all? Some people like that sort of questing it's just part of MMO developers these days.

They got spooked by GW2 and Pandas so they rushed stuff out to compete which was a bad move. Pretty game but looks are only skin deep...
    Ok.. I've done a bunch of those but I don't think I had the option to get the quest a second time though.

Btw.. MOP is going to kill wow.. It was a horrible expansion. Turbine (well WB) just served LOTRO a death sentence with their watered down expansion, mounted combat that no one wanted and then announced the *cough* raid content was going to be 3 single-boss encounters and is still 3+ months away. My guild of 50+ actives on at peak instantly dropped to 10. Many of whom said they were gonna come try Rift.

Ascendant

From 1-50 we did carnage quests - we just didnt' call it that.

We got so used to the idea of having an extra NPC standing with the story quest NPC's that we never noticed. There were ALWAYS "go kill 10 wolves" or "Go light 20 fires" types of quests. They've just been hiding behind an actual quest giver.

Now what they've done is removed the NPC. You start the quest when you kill a mob - which you would do while you're fighting your way through the story anyways - and it gets automatically compleated when you finish the objective.

No longer do you need to run back to the quest giver on the map to turn it in. You can complete the kill quests as you move from one hub to the next without backtracking.

The only slightly inconvient thing with Carnage quests is you either have it on your tracker or you have to manually turn them off in the log.

If I could make one suggestion I would say have an option to auto hide carnage quests from the tracking log on screen. We all know you should never abandon these quests - you will just get it pop up again - and for the amount of times you'd have to ckick it off, you'd be done it. But hiding it automatically so it doesn't even phase the people who are bothered by them, then that's an option. This way, the will do them without even realizing... and if they dont' care to know if they've finished it, they wont have to see it on the screen taunting them for 3 more kills.

In every other respect, they are the same as the NPC kill quests we are used to:
    * Kill a specified number of animals/retrieve a specified number of items/preform a specified number of actions
    * Do this once to get credit towards your "zone complete" achievement, to gain experience, and to get the NPC (or in this case, quest log reminder) off your back.
    * Ignore the quest if you want and go about your business. Turn it off visually (As said above, I wouldn't recommend abandoning a carnage quest - you'll just have to go back for it)

You do realise I guess, how foolish you look, doing nothing but complaining about EVERYTHING, and .. you're still playing the game?

Anywho, Carnage quests. Something additional that is in no way compulsory.

If you see a little .. hmm looks like a little circle to me.. in front of they're name, they're a carnage quest mob. Do them at your leisure as you'll end up knocking most of them on the head whilst questing or doing ia's/zone events.

Oh beating edit timer so if someone else has said this .. sorry.

There's an achievement for completing carnage quests. Press H, I think it is and it will show you how many you've done in each zone.
    Last edited by Charlice; 12-03-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    You do realise I guess, how foolish you look, doing nothing but complaining about EVERYTHING, and .. you're still playing the game?

Anywho, Carnage quests. Something additional that is in no way compulsory.

If you see a little .. hmm looks like a little circle to me.. in front of they're name, they're a carnage quest mob. Do them at your leisure as you'll end up knocking most of them on the head whilst questing or doing ia's/zone events.

Oh beating edit timer so if someone else has said this .. sorry.

There's an achievement for completing carnage quests. Press H, I think it is and it will show you how many you've done in each zone.
    Not as foolish as the one who trolled into a thread the subject clearly identified and then left troll droppings.

Besides, how do you know he still plays the game? I still browse forums for games I haven't played in years.
    Last edited by Blazemon; 12-03-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazemon View Post
    Not as foolish as the one who trolled into a thread the subject clearly identified and then left troll droppings.

Besides, how do you know he still plays the game? I still browse forums for games I haven't played in years.
    Well golly gee aren't you special. I wasn't trolling tbh, but I can see you're making an attempt at it.

You keep paying a sub to browse those forums btw? You can't post without one here ... Just saying.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Carnage quests are ultimately the extra way to get IS (and other leading-to-60 currency) available to us. Before we could get our typical end game world currency by CQ (new one will probably give them when it comes out), zone events, dailies, and I think a rare chance from named npcs and Rifts. Now our new end game has the exact ways of giving them out with the added means.

Now our onslaughts give IS.
    Now our zone dailies also give IS
    Now we have abundant Carnage quests that give IS.

If you can't see how Carnage quests are a pure gift then you are missing the large picture of SL and Rift. By all means pass them up if they bore you. They are not forced content by any means and are only there for your added benefit - another way to earn the rep and IS's that you will want at level 60. Must be angering for devs to see all this aimless bashing at something like Carnage quests, when all the bashing seems to miss the point.

I don't know why people think this is some quest replacement of lazy thing. This is something that could have not even existed and we'd never notice. We'd just go about getting our IS the ways we been used to. People try to view this too much as a lazy shrug towards questing/leveling progression. It should be evident by their significantly lower XP hand-out they are not fully intended to be your level-up quests. But they do help.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-03-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

What this person has failed to mention is that carnage quests are completely optional and not required to advance the story or quest lines.

Excuse me, your 'Q' button seems to be stuck.

I don't mind carnage quests that much (helps me with my butcher skill) but I just wished they kept mobs off the road. There is a lot of carnage quests though but probaly the same as 1-50.

I think there is 25 carnage quests in each zone, not sure though.
    Last edited by kronan; 12-03-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Rift Chaser

Except it's actually Trion's way of streamlining the quest system, since Carnage quests are exactly the same as the 'go kill x # of mobs over there' that you've been doing for years in MMO's. No you get the quest automatically, and turn it in in the field.

How so many people can't figure this out for themselves and have to have it spelled out for them when they whine on the forums is truly mind boggling. And incredibly sad for humanity as a species.

Shadowlander

No... wrong on absolutely every point!

Carnage quests are a simple, yet clever, addition to questing. Basically it is free, bonus experience for killing mobs you were likely going to kill anyway. If you do not want to complete a carnage quest, you are free to abandon it without a penalty or missing out on storyline.

The fact that imbeciles are complaining about "carnage quests" is evidence that some people will find any excuse to complain, bash, or troll on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    [B]
    The fact that imbeciles are complaining about "carnage quests" is evidence that some people will find any excuse to complain, bash, or troll on a forum.
    They'll skip the carnage quests because they're boring and just a lazy feature from the devs, just so when they're lvl 60 they can come to the forums to once again complain but this time it'll be able having to farm events for gear or else they won't be allowed in experts and then they'll shout "fail trion fail!".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast