+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: What is a carnage quest?

Plane Touched

As other people said you don't have to do carnage quest it's just a good change that allow you to do this kind of quest without having to go back and forth to a npc.

In addition carnage quest reward you for exploring the aérea which is a nice thing.
    The only issue atm is that carnage quest achievement isn't accurate (and as a consequence general quest per zone achievement too) there is more carnage quest than what the achievement say so you can miss some and think you have done them all

Quote Originally Posted by Blazemon View Post
    Ok.. I've done a bunch of those but I don't think I had the option to get the quest a second time though.
    Carnage quests are a 1 time only "discover mob" quest.

Telaran

The problem with Carnage Quests is that if you're leveling primarily by questing, then if you don't do them you'll probably fall behind the xp curve and new zones get a lot tougher. A lot of games are balanced to the idea of people doing most of the quests available, so people feel compelled to do them.

They also see a whole page of these in their quest logs and they want their quest logs cleared out. But these things are such a grind that people also don't want to drop those 15 Carnage Quests that are "6/16" completed because it could mean starting from zero again later. So again they feel compelled to do them.

My beef is that there are too many of them and for too many kills compared to the number you normally get of each type while questing in an area, and the numbers are too high considering the relatively slow combat/killing pace of this game. it really starts to feel overwhelming.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Polynikes View Post
    Carnage quest is when you kill a mob and then it auto accepts and then you have to kill another 14 to 16 same type mobs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ..... Basically Trion's lazy way of implementing extra content that takes forever to do in order to buy the devs some time to finish the damn game. Because everyone who gets to the last zones is like WTF why is this place so deserted? Where's the epic ness of it all? Some people like that sort of questing it's just part of MMO developers these days.

They got spooked by GW2 and Pandas so they rushed stuff out to compete which was a bad move. Pretty game but looks are only skin deep...
    Yeah, because the old way worked so much better. Running into a quest hub, having to spend an extra minute or so picking up the quests, then, when you complete them having to spend an extra 1-10 minutes running back to hub to turn in, then having to sort all the rewards from bloated quests instead of just getting a currency that lets me pick what I want. So much better than carnage. Let's undo carnage and re-implement this.

Basically, it's not "Trion's lazy way of implementing extra content" it is Trions way of improving old content and making it take less time.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    You do realise I guess, how foolish you look, doing nothing but complaining about EVERYTHING
    Don't bother, poster complains about everything, not sure why they are here, already had a run in with this troll in other threads.

Carnage quests are great, you are going to be in the area doing story/zone quests anyway, its just a way to make killing random mobs worthwhile honestly, they are optional but if you don't do at least a couple, you'll be 57-58 by the time you run out of story quests if you are just questing.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    The problem with Carnage Quests is that if you're leveling primarily by questing, then if you don't do them you'll probably fall behind the xp curve and new zones get a lot tougher.
    :'(. Seriously though, I passed by a large chunk of the Carnage quests on my run to 60 and the game didn't seem back-breakingly hard, to put it mildly.

Went back and did the Ashora/Steppes Carnages for IS. Liked the exploration aspect, functionally similar to a "Monster Journal" or "Research" type mechanic seen in other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yeah, because the old way worked so much better. Running into a quest hub, having to spend an extra minute or so picking up the quests, then, when you complete them having to spend an extra 1-10 minutes running back to hub to turn in, then having to sort all the rewards from bloated quests instead of just getting a currency that lets me pick what I want. So much better than carnage. Let's undo carnage and re-implement this.

Basically, it's not "Trion's lazy way of implementing extra content" it is Trions way of improving old content and making it take less time.
    Yes because taking something old and renaming it something else is very innovative and different. Spare me it's lazy design there is nothing new there you are all just being tricked to think this is better when in fact it's the same old crap. Besides dimensions I have not seen much innovation with SL. It's the same old I'm trying to get to 60 and see what I'm missing. I see a lot of rep grind coming my way....... WOWesque.

Anc

Yes because taking something old and renaming it something else is very innovative and different. Spare me it's lazy design there is nothing new there you are all just being tricked to think this is better when in fact it's the same old crap. Besides dimensions I have not seen much innovation with SL. It's the same old I'm trying to get to 60 and see what I'm missing. I see a lot of rep grind coming my way....... WOWesque.
    No but basically doubling the amount of quests you can have in your quest log and making it so that grindy boring quests don't clog up your log is innovative and different.

Or they could have said you know what ?? Go into this zone and kill 300-400 any type of mobs.... Hmmm that doesn't sound grindy does it? Trust me the time it takes to do a carnage quest is no different than the time it took the old way. You now have to kill at least 5 - 6 more mobs takes twice as long to kill but you all think its a time saver because you don't have to run back to npc..... OOOOOK

Anc

Or they could have said you know what ?? Go into this zone and kill 300-400 any type of mobs.... Hmmm that doesn't sound grindy does it? Trust me the time it takes to do a carnage quest is no different than the time it took the old way. You now have to kill at least 5 - 6 more mobs takes twice as long to kill but you all think its a time saver because you don't have to run back to npc..... OOOOOK
    I don't have to kill any of them until I go back to get the achievement 3 months from now. I also don't have to keep deleting them out of my quest log.

Rift Disciple

For me they integrate well with my play style, kill everything around you as you quest. There were always get me 10 Boar testicles quest followed by get me the hoves from those other boars then ears from the next. I call it a win win on lazy the devs don have to program an npc and I don't have to talk to said NPC to do the qest. and like the old way, there were always quest you finish as you did the story quest, if you did those quest by themself they were grindy.

Rift Chaser

Renaming it and drastically improving the functionalilty. What part of YOU GET THE QUEST AUTOMATICALLY AND TURN IT IN IN THE FIELD is not getting through to you?

Shield of Telara

No one has ever made a statement that Carnage quests are innovative. In fact, they are made to streamline the questing process instead of constant running back and forth between a hub and the field.

Not everything has to be innovative. Sometimes there is just unnecessary tedium to some acts, like running back to a hub to tell an npc "hey you know those pesky harpies you wanted me to randomly slaughter for no real reason? they're dead now".

I much prefer have the go fetch quests such as these to be in the Carnage format they are now rather than the stupid running back and forth endlessly.

These are not the types of quests that pertain to any great story arc typically anyway.
    Last edited by BlackZilla; 12-06-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Crisson View Post
    They'll skip the carnage quests because they're boring and just a lazy feature from the devs, just so when they're lvl 60 they can come to the forums to once again complain but this time it'll be able having to farm events for gear or else they won't be allowed in experts and then they'll shout "fail trion fail!".
    I like carnage quests.

Its rewarding you for just playing.

I dont set out to do them, but I end up completing most just doing other stuff.

besides, I was getting bored of NPCs making up stupid reasons to go kill10 floppy bunnies, collect10 elephant testicles, and whatever. Its all just a disguise to killing and collecting stuff, I perfer the more honest way Trion have chosen> Do them or not, its up to you, and teh carnage mechanic, or auto accept when you kill a mob, and auto turn in when complete is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

I like the carnage quests. Eliminates running back and forth for one. And since my field workers butcher everything it's been just merely added Xp for what I do normally. Done all I can find. Good job, TRION.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast