+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Change puzzles back to the old way

<--in the disappointed camp

I have very fond memories of my two dearest gaming friends and I rolling up on a pre-SL puzzle, the three of us circling around it in excitement, taking turns failing at it miserably, then someone giving a shout on Vent "Oh, I get it!", then the cursing that came if they actually didn't, LOL.

Point is... the puzzle was actually the point of the puzzle. Three great friends could go enjoy it together. Sadly for us anyway, SL puzzles will be nowhere in our enjoyment experience future. Was disappointed to see this tiny piece of silly but fun content no longer be able to be a cooperative experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvian View Post
    As is they are no fun
    The new format isn't a puzzle, that's for sure. It's a reward for collecting or buying the correct shinies.

I look forward to the return of the old puzzles as puzzles. Yes we have the Simon game in Eastern, but it's not really the same. The puzzle is something you just happen to stumble on, it's not a quest and it - in my mind - shouldn't be a shiny collection.

What might have worked was to put in some hidden trick to do with the sheep in Pelladane, just enough hints around so that you did something to them. 6 days of [Magical Sheep Dropping] and nothing as a reward *unless* you also have the shiny collection >.<

So, please consider this well and truly /signed based on having fun solving it rather than buying it on the AH.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oooh, that sounds really fun. I haven't gotten to them yet, but now I'm really looking forward to them.
    It's not. If you look at the rewards you see the currency you need. The [Epic Purple Poop] is the reward from a fairly obvious quest. the spores happen to be used by a vendor that a quest takes you right too in order to buy something special and so on.

You have no real mystery or puzzle to be honest because quests lead you right there. If you do all the quests then you will run across the answers, just keep in mind what currency you need and you will know it.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

I was looking forward to mind boggling puzzles in the expansion... and I didn't know until reading this thread that I need entire sets of artifacts to even get the chance. It's a bit depressing considering I've played many hours and only got two artifacts in the new area, and let's face it... part of the puzzle is now spending all your plat in the AH trying to get the artifacts just so you can do a puzzle!?

Making us need something in particular adds to the game, but artifact collections? Sadness. So much sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvian View Post
    its the challenge, if something is timeconsuming it isnt challenging tho. It is just a mindnumbing grind which has no place in this side of the game. A side which is supposed to be some fun to do outside of the regular grind (atleast that is how i took it when the game launched with its puzzles back then and on EI)
    Says the person working hard on Ultimate Camper.

Leave puzzles the way they are, especially since some give extra loot for additional completions. Camping the AH isn't hard.

ultimate camper and the puzzles are two completly different beasts

for one you expect to spend an insane ammount of time before completing it, for the other not so much.

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

Sometimes the old ways are the best.

For what it's worth, I still don't even know how to do a SL puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    Camping the AH isn't hard.
    That is not a puzzle though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    For what it's worth, I still don't even know how to do a SL puzzle.
    Dive down into the water outside the crafting area and swim a little left, there is a underwater vendor who has the shiny collection you need and the currency you need to buy it. Then look for the shiny collection on the AH and as you quests look for the currency.

et voila, tres facile

Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    Dive down into the water outside the crafting area and swim a little left, there is a underwater vendor who has the shiny collection you need and the currency you need to buy it. Then look for the shiny collection on the AH and as you quests look for the currency.

et voila, tres facile
    Oh. Thanks for explaining.

I can definitely see why people are complaining about it now. It's an interesting system, but seems too rng.

Having to complete an artifact set to even try attempt at a puzzle is ridiculous, I love the fact you can get dimension items from them but it should be like the old way. Don't mind having to do a little quest for some currency to buy a key for a puzzle. Saying you can just buy the pages from the AH is stupid, they are way way over priced to do that.

The puzzle loots are dimension items! not all of us like dimentions.

But yea I don't mind collecting the epic poop or getting dolls or running after a book to get items to unlock puzzles.
    But having to spend 1000's of plat at ah or hunting for hours for the last few weeks for artifacts is annoying.

Tying the puzzles to artifact sets WAS pretty stupid.

I understand a barrier of some form but with it being artifacts I'm just not gonna bother. Which is a shame because I loved chocolates puzzles.

Of course I wouldn't oppose them having no barrier, since the rewards are simply dimension stuff. Hardly game breaking if everyone can get it.

I like the new puzzles better.
    Feel free to visit dimension: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey on Icewatch. Video tour.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3