+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Storm Legion is not very alt friendly.

I wish some of you played the original EQ, pre-Planes of Power.

You all have no idea what a long time to level is. Oh, and "hell levels" were always a blast too. Not to mention de-leveling if you died too much, or even better, corpse decay.

I won't even get into the ez-mode questing you all complain about being too grindy. Try questing without arrows and big circles telling you where things are.

Pfft...Spoiled kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelthun View Post
    I don't see the point in making levelling easier in MMOs, I never have.

It's a once-per-character affair that doesn't require any more work after you've done it and until the next level cap increase. I hate nerfs to XP requirements and I hate boosts in the form of pots / scrolls. Levelling isn't hard, it's just a matter of time - a resource you obviously have plenty of since you're playing a MMORPG. Stop pretending you don't have the time.
    I don't have the time.

No, really. I hit 50 in like August and I've been playing since my join date, it takes that long with a job.

Inferno 11.6" / I7-3632QM / Intel HD Graphics 4000 / NVIDIA GEFORCE 650M 2GB / 4GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz / 500GB SATA HDD / ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND / Toshiba 24" Monitor / Logitech Speakers / Sharkoon Fireglider / Razer Lycosa / GAMECOM Plantronics

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Xiao View Post
    I don't have the time.

No, really. I hit 50 in like August and I've been playing since my join date, it takes that long with a job.
    Geeze, I weep for your free time. You have to be working 80 hours a week or something. Not saying anything negative, just wow. I'm glad I have 2 or 3 hours some days now!
    Last edited by Aeonblade; 11-16-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    Anaraia@Deepwood

Instead of calling it a grindfest you should rather appreciate all the fluff throwed at you on the way. But yeah, could use boosters when I comes to alts, as already suggested.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

I don't have the time.

I assume you are sarcastic because if in a week I can go from level 20-50 and I average 45 hours a week before mandatory overtime at work and have the wife to keep happy and cycling races to train and attend for... leveling is NOT hard in this game.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    I'll never understand this, but then maybe that's because it took me about 9 months to get to max level in DAOC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wexx View Post

You all have no idea what a long time to level is. Oh, and "hell levels" were always a blast too. Not to mention de-leveling if you died too much, or even better, corpse decay.

I won't even get into the ez-mode questing you all complain about being too grindy. Try questing without arrows and big circles telling you where things are.

Pfft...Spoiled kids.
    Yep. It's faster and easier to go from 1-60 now than it was for one single hell level in EQ. Must be perspective, because I don't have a problem with the leveling speed, or the decreased bonus in vet vials. (P.S. I work 40-50 hours a week and go to school full time)

Shadowlander

I don't have the time.

Wow, just wow... I have to agree with an earlier responder, you must work some crazy hours. I am almost 53 on my Mage, and I work full time, plus a 2 hours commute round trip.

I'm not married though, but we have a guild Officer who is married, with children, and a full time job and he is also now 53.
    Naraku Shinigami
    Sub-Leader for Forsaken Requiem on Greybriar (Formally Fearless of Faeblight)

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    I'll never understand this, but then maybe that's because it took me about 9 months to get to max level in DAOC.
    Sinner. DAoC is the greatest PVP game of all time. To even bring that up on this board is an atrocity.

That would stain all the greatness that is DAoC.

While I disagree this game takes a long time to level in, I would love to see them make pre-50 gear heirloom. Then you could farm old content with some random scrubs, thereby helping the noobs, but also your alts should you loot something worth passing down. Heirloom meaning an item looted is bound to your account so that it may be used by an eligible toon on your account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Telaran

i would ask for a pay to ding ability. i am willing to pay extra for the instant 60 and think it is a great idea.

i do not have as much play time as i would like and pve content is a waste of my time. it would be a nice gesture to give players this option.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hubris003 View Post
    i would ask for a pay to ding ability. i am willing to pay extra for the instant 60 and think it is a great idea.

i do not have as much play time as i would like and pve content is a waste of my time. it would be a nice gesture to give players this option.
    Absolutely terrible.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldr View Post
    EQ2 provides an xp bonus to alts for every level capped character you have.
    Something like this seems like a good way to address this issue. It doesn't negatively impact players who don't give a fig about alts and it helps people who do.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by chazzstrong View Post
    Okay, I HATE starting posts with this game, but it's going to happen so bear with me.

World of Warcraft is now implementing something of a fix along this self-same problem they had, only with grinding rep. Essentially once a character on your account hits a certain status with a faction, that level of faction becomes easier to obtain by your alts via a nice little invisible buff to rep.

I don't see how this couldn't be applied to experience gain as well. Once you get a lvl 60, all your alts get a tiny buff to exp gain to help them along. Another to 60? Here's another small buff. It'd be awesome if this could happen, and be cumulitive. It's literally rewarding your time spent.

Anywho, just my thoughts on it. I tend to only keep one max-level character purely because of situations such as this, as I don't always have the time to devote to games. It's usually time-consuming enough to get my mains to cap.

( As I was typing this, literally during it, I dinged 51 on my main...and I've been playing since launch of SL. Only 9 more levels to go! )
    This or we'll start to see new veterans pots that apply up to 60 once people aren't using them to level their first character up as fast as possible. I have a hard time seeing the pot nerf as anything but an attempt to prevent them from being as required for the realm first races.

Quote Originally Posted by Liltizzy View Post
    Something like this seems like a good way to address this issue. It doesn't negatively impact players who don't give a fig about alts and it helps people who do.
    Especially when you've maxed out a character. I wince to think how long all four of my characters are going to take forever to grind up there.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wexx View Post

Pfft...Spoiled kids.
    "Can someone plz help me with a track corpse in oot? =( I died after falling off the boat and can't find my body near the loc i hit as i drowned."

For those of you without the experience, everyone who played EQ is probably now having vivid flashbacks. Seriously anyone saying what i just said above was at the mercy of wandering bards, shadowknights or necros for help and/or going to spend the rest of the next week trying to find their body before it disappeared with all their gear.

My first mmo-playing experience some friend talked me into playing EQ with them when i was in college. They wanted me to start out on this new pvp server called sullon zek. They said we'd play on the good team because more of a challenge was fun. We happened to be stubborn. Sullon zek was like the internet's taint. The good team was around 10% of the player population for the first year or so we played. You basically had to level in the zones with the worst bugs and quirks and the lowest xp or such a high risk/reward ratio that sane people wouldn't even risk trying to go kill you there. We played there until wow came out. That's around 4 years for those of you unable or unwilling to google and do some simple math.

They let me pick my own character without guidance, I thought rogues looked pretty cool not knowing that every see invis item in the game completely saw through my stealth and until geared as hell largely could do nothing in pvp but gank people 5-10 levels lower than you or more depending on class.

Some of you now know why i scoff at people complaining about hard in modern games. Get corpse camped for 2-6 hours by a troll shadowknight named Iackey that is so twinked he's literally invincible and one hits you, while trying to level in castle mistmoore and then come complain to me about soul vitality and repairs.

For those wondering, the troll sk was around lvl 25ish had a fungi, TT, full crafted resist jewelery, and god knows what else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast