Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Queen Miela and appearance.

Plane Walker

Crucia gains a human form to enter the Shaper Citadel, or whatever it was called, in Morban and take something from Kain and the Shapers that she needed for the Infinity Gate. She could only enter the place with the human form. You'll see at the end of the Morban storyline. So yes, the half-naked queen you see in loading screens is Crucia.

I don't think the game explains at all how she did it and why her form looks like the queen. Unless it's something that happens in the raid.

Soulwalker

The hell with it. Lets make a petition. To have all the armor we see on Rift wearable. There is no reason why we can not.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skoshi View Post
    Hmm... I have never seen that gear... I'm on a low pop server though so that explains it... so I looked it up and I need to somehow get some masters marks... My survivalist is a harvester... so that will be slow as hell... I'll have to ask around see if someone can hook me up if they already bought the recipe.

Where can that bear be bought?

Ascendant

"You can kill the body... You cannot kill the mind."

Crucia is an immortal psyche that can't be killed because she's an idea... a living memory.
    *pay attention in the end of the chronicle.
    Last edited by Laeris; 12-13-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post

Enjoy RPG'ing with Pandas, goats and goblins. I wonder what target audience that is aiming for?
    What? No unicorns?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamalla View Post
    The hell with it. Lets make a petition. To have all the armor we see on Rift wearable. There is no reason why we can not.
    The reason may be:
    When tey make itNPC only,they have to design it once.
    When they make it wearable, they have to design 12 more versions of the same (each race, male & female versions).

While I would love to have Miela's shoes for my character, it's not happening because Miela doesn't actually have shoes. Or armor. She's an integral npc, meaning all she wears is part of her design. The poor girl can't take her shoes off even if she wanted to.

If you go to the thread with design art elsewhere on the General thread, you can see a screenshot of her in design mode. You'll see that her armor, shoes and feathers are actually part of the model and not removable.

So like the post above this mentioned, Trion would have to redesign the shoes to fix for for all existing classes, which makes it less likely to happen. Again, I hope they will. Not counting on it, though.

I dislike Trions sluttification of important lore figures. Asha Catari gets clothes and armour and looks fairly good. But Miela and Shyla look like strippers... even if Miela is wearing a body suit. Also why couldnt they put her inside the Chancel? That place is huge... or at least give her and her retinue winter clothing.

>.>
    <.<
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaiden View Post
    I dislike Trions sluttification of important lore figures. Asha Catari gets clothes and armour and looks fairly good. But Miela and Shyla look like strippers... even if Miela is wearing a body suit. Also why couldnt they put her inside the Chancel? That place is huge... or at least give her and her retinue winter clothing.

>.>
    <.<
    Not that I disagree but it IS a fantasy MMO and well...we all know basement dwelling mouthbreathers like myself needed SOMETHING in our lives since real women wouldn't touch us!
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

I often wonder what the women working in Trion think about character designs like this...

Also I would agree with the "it's a fantasy game" excuse, but when it's just two characters it makes me wonder why just them? All the other female npcs have clothing - actual clothing, not counting the female Defiant guards in their strpper armour.
    Last edited by FoxMaiden; 12-14-2012 at 07:10 AM.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaiden View Post
    I often wonder what the women working in Trion think about character designs like this...
    Good question! From past experiences, it depends on the person. My fiance loves skimpy outfits for her character, but that's just who she is. She likes to show off. I have met many women that didn't take nearly as kindly to the scantily clad fantasy woman idea, so it's one of those things that falls into a gray area.

Basically, I'm sure some of them don't care for it, while others embrace it. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Aeonblade; 12-14-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Oh of course, I am sure there are some that like it, I know of a few that love the chainmail bikinis and such, and others that hate it and think its degrading. I'm sure that the girls that work in Trion who dislike this design style have to bite their tongue about it...

I myself like the armours and stuff that flash, but not the stuff that exposes whole swaths of skin, half the armour in game has ridiculous designs, like bikini tops with heavy plate skirts (35+ chain armour for example), or the leather top from SL area that looks really great but has this bizarre slot cut out of the side.

Another oddity I noticed a long time ago is that the armour designs would all fit well in a game where all the girls have DDs, yet all the characters in game are flatchested (or very nearly). Not that Im complaining about that, I like that the girls arent jiggling, yet they still look feminine in their bodyshape.
    Last edited by FoxMaiden; 12-14-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thantoes View Post
    Take a screenshot of the queen and compare it side by side with a Storm Legion Media shot of Crucia -They could be twins from what I can see.
    I believe this is because Crucia "possesses" the Queen's body...so that is why they look alike lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    "You can kill the body... You cannot kill the mind."

Crucia is an immortal psyche that can't be killed because she's an idea... a living memory.
    *pay attention in the end of the chronicle.
    Yeah, and that's what is so freaking frightening about her- "it", I suppose.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

With that in mind, what if the dragon body of Crucia wasn't her first Dragon body? Who knows how far she can be traced back and if she even had a body to begin with. Scary broad. No wonder big daddy Maelforge chose Laethys. At least she's tangible.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast