+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cleric soul Reveal.

Default Cleric soul Reveal.

Ok so we get the soul reveal for the Rogue later today....but why not just release the Cleric too?
    You really think people will stay quiet about the Cleric soul after playing it in Beta this weekend???

Why do the other 3 souls all have special releases and the Cleric is just shoved out??

maybe they want to get some beta feedback about some cleric related stuff before they go ahead and release it.

Soulwalker

probably because rogue is the most overplayed soul

marketing gimmick

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Ok so we get the soul reveal for the Rogue later today....but why not just release the Cleric too?
    You really think people will stay quiet about the Cleric soul after playing it in Beta this weekend???

Why do the other 3 souls all have special releases and the Cleric is just shoved out??
    Well considering that this weekend is a Closed beta, which elrar mentioned is covered under NDA. I would hope people realize they have legally agreed to keep their mouths shut.

For those that don't know, most NDA's provide the company the ability to remove/ban from testing, remove/ban from companies games, or even seek legal actions. So people that think it's ok to breach NDA really need to read what they have agreed to in the first place.

NDA = Shut up about everything you see in there
    including the Cleric changes

reveal will still be important. htere are more people who are not in the beta then people that are in the beta.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    NDA = Shut up about everything you see in there
    including the Cleric changes

reveal will still be important. htere are more people who are not in the beta then people that are in the beta.
    Yup. I thought it was kinda crap the reveal was after the beta, but there's an NDA. You won't be getting nothing out of meeeeeheeeee.

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    Yup. I thought it was kinda crap the reveal was after the beta, but there's an NDA. You won't be getting nothing out of meeeeeheeeee.
    aye, its not ideal.
    Indeed it would have been better if all souls were revealed before the beta(I mean an reveal is exciting).
    its not a disaster that it is this way it is now ;)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Not a disaster but they look like amateurs the way they release reveals and info abou the game now with beta even with nda there will be leaks

Plane Touched

It's kind of funny because when they post a reveal people are like "OMG enough with the talking I just wanna play it NAO!" And now that they do actually get to play it, they're complaining there isn't enough talking. What is the reveal going to do for you that getting to play it won't? You'll get a bit of marketing hype, some dancing turtles, and a little background on why some of the changes were made. It'll be a bunch of people sitting in a room, talking about a class with a few teasing tooltips and whatnot. OK I understand that those who have not preordered SL or been invited to the beta will be a little behind the curve - that's just unfortunate, but hardly the end of the world.

Why is the cleric reveal last? Because, that's why. It takes time to get the assets and required information together to do a reveal, and someone had to come last, and it just happened to be the Cleric. One thing is for sure, the Cleric dev hasn't exactly been sitting on his backside waiting for the other classes to get revealed before working on the class. The other classes didn't get a "head start" just because they were revealed first. It amazes me that people infer that the cleric is the red-headed stepchild based on the fact that their reveal is last.

The reveal is nothing more than marketing and a chance for people to get a little clarification on some points. In the meantime, testing still needs to be done. I can't wait to get my hands on the new and improved Cleric. If anything having the reveal last is a good thing, because you'll actually get to ask the dev questions on specific points rather than vague concepts when they do the Q&A.
    Last edited by Itvar; 10-05-2012 at 04:53 AM.

Soulwalker

Could be a case of save the best till last

They already said the art was not finished for the clerics when the decision was made for the revealing. Also, not everyone will be in beta and revealing is important to those people.

Answer me this though. Why do I always feel like im drowning in the cleric forums?
    Account Cancelled 03/10/2013
    0 Months paid game time remaining.
    Bring the fun back into Rift.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Essala View Post
    They already said the art was not finished for the clerics when the decision was made for the revealing. Also, not everyone will be in beta and revealing is important to those people.

Answer me this though. Why do I always feel like im drowning in the cleric forums?
    That would be down to the tide of indifference from the Cleric devs.

just to repeat, anyone talking about cleric changes after playing the beta is breaking the NDA, if caught they can lose beta privileges or more

even after the livestream for clerics is up, you still can not mention anything you saw in beta that was not on the livestream

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Hey guys,

This is one of the truths of game development - promoting the game and its features is really important, but we also can't let that promotion get in the way of development or show off less refined parts of the game.

One soul had to go first, another last - and the same artists and item designers are responsible for all the callings.

Showing you an unfinished and unpolished soul is not something we want to do. But at the same time - we need this content tested to ensure it's 100% ready for November 13th.

If you're in BETA you'll get to explore the Defiler for yourself along with all of the Cleric changes. If you're not, you'll get to see it in its full and finished glory in a couple of weeks. Everyone will be that much more educated and have even more specific questions you'll be able to ask about the Cleric & Defiler.

We don't expect things to always go to plan - this is a journey, thanks for being a part of it!

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    just to repeat, anyone talking about cleric changes after playing the beta is breaking the NDA, if caught they can lose beta privileges or more

even after the livestream for clerics is up, you still can not mention anything you saw in beta that was not on the livestream
    keep it in the beta forums though if you want to discuss them
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast