+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Issue with the autumncap fungus

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Indeed - they all can be reached, this one we know specifically!

Some locations are designed to be a bit more challenging than others, we wanted to give a good mix

Cheers,
    I found one I couldn't get to in freemarch. There were no hills around and mount jumping all over the place would not get the ability to activate. I just ended up leaving it and going to another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargauzius View Post
    I've been trying and trying and can't see how to get far enough up the tree. There's a lot like them in Gloamwood that everyone is ignoring now.
    Well

* The range of the temporary ability that collects the Autumncap Fungi has doubled.
    * Many of the harder-to-reach Autumncap Fungi in Gloamwood have been dropped lower. Combined with the range increase, these should be easier to obtain.
    So yes there was a problem with those fungi way up the trees in Gloamwood. I don't know anyone that got one, and I've seen the same few for a week now because nobody even bothers with them. I tried and I tried to get them using many different angles, many different running starts from various distances, and many different parts of the trees and I was never successful.

I love how this company listens to it's players. I mean this is a fairly insignificant problem and they still listen and fix it.

Some of the ones in Freemarch were a pain too, vs Silverwood where they're all pretty easy to reach - some more than others but none too difficult.
    Last edited by Nargauzius; 09-19-2012 at 07:06 AM.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #63
    Rift Team

Yeah, I did find some in Gloamwood that were way higher than I intended for them to be. I did lower the ones I found that were on the straight, vertical trees with nothing nearby. Sorry about that, folks. I increased the range that the temp ability is granted and the distance from which they can be used. There are still some that will be challenging. I loved hearing about the person who snagged one as they jumped down from a ledge. I remember placing that one and wondering if anyone would try that. Blessings on your house.

Thanks, as always, for playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Asaomar View Post
    it appears they can spawn in the top of trees. is this intentional? makes them very hard to reach, gotta mount, jump, and click and hope you get close enough to get it.

Yeah, that's called a challenge. Something this patch dumbed down for people who weren't up to it. How far do you people want to take this? Literally have trion just dump them into your bags instead?

Oh, it's to high and unreachable. WAHHHHHHMBULANCE!!! If I can get them, so can you.

Quote Originally Posted by Methadras View Post
    Yeah, that's called a challenge. Something this patch dumbed down for people who weren't up to it. How far do you people want to take this? Literally have trion just dump them into your bags instead?

Oh, it's to high and unreachable. WAHHHHHHMBULANCE!!! If I can get them, so can you.
    Read the post directly above yours. Yes the one in the screenshot wasn't too hard to get, but there were others that were impossible (Gloamwood).

Honestly, there's no reason for any of them to be challenging. It was fun when some were challenging but the real fun is hunting and finding them, not jumping to them when they're found.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5