+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: So did you enjoy Summerfest?

Shyla sounded flirtatious.

Didn't participate in the event, after looking at the boy scout merit badges vendor I pretty much wrote it off. Nothing but crap for the most part and an exuberant amount at that.

Soulwalker

I agree with Netherstorm and Zengar. I like it for the most part except a few things. I seemed not very well planned. It didn't give the lazy summer feeling although I could tell they tried. It was way too short to try to collect the pets. Waiting on spawns when they are high in demand has never been a good idea. The ascend a friend dailies pissed me off. I have played the game since it came out but could not participate in them. I have tried to get many friends to come but have not had luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zsokorad View Post
    No

1. The hedge maze
    2. The extremely low currency drop rate
    3. The very high prices on the event vendor
    4. The very low sunplant leaves drop rate
    5. The poorly designed scavenger hunt quests
    6. The extra loot for Ascend-a-Friend people only
    7. The RNG companion pets

The Summer Swarm zone event in Ember Isle was the only fun part.

this is my feeling also...every other event i have amassed thousands of event currency, i play daily and barely got 800...very sad..
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

Shield of Telara

I very much enjoyed it. Yes, I enjoyed grinding the 25 treasures, the bogglings, etc. I didn't enjoy the artifacts hunt in Stillmoore. It was too easy just running in there and grabbing in under 5 seconds.
    Apparently, I cheered about the last green puzzle piece for nothing. I can't play now at all.

Not really. I felt it was too short. Also the essences were basically double the price as the previous ones for the exact same stats, minus the resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tram View Post
    Didn't participate in the event, after looking at the boy scout merit badges vendor I pretty much wrote it off. Nothing but crap for the most part and an exuberant amount at that.
    Pretty much the same here, have not logged on much hopefully the expansion will offer more.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Omni View Post
    ....just asking.

Started off rough with that dysfunctional maze and Conquest broken is so many different directions.

I think TRION should name their next world event, "The Apology."
    I'd have to agreed, Conquest brought us major lag issues, the daily bug smash was a joke until it was fixed. I'm not sure what they do with the PTS data, but they surely don't review any of it from the looks of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I just wanted a Bikini costume and all... That was really missing blah
    Take a look at the Farclan or Atia vendor on EI

I liked Summerfest. The dailies were nice and relaxing. Leveled up Fishing on a few toons.

I really liked the Scavenger Hunts. Nice variety of "find this person", "collect this item", and "follow this race course" sort of quests. Sure, some were a bit buggy and some needed their respawns adjusted, but overall they were great fun and creative. Not just the same "same ol, same ol" type of quests.

I only did the Hunts on one toon this year. I figured since it was an annual event I'd focus on one toon each time.

I give it a solid 8/10 I think. Good job Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zsokorad View Post
    No

1. The hedge maze
    2. The extremely low currency drop rate
    3. The very high prices on the event vendor
    4. The very low sunplant leaves drop rate
    5. The poorly designed scavenger hunt quests
    6. The extra loot for Ascend-a-Friend people only
    7. The RNG companion pets

The Summer Swarm zone event in Ember Isle was the only fun part.

I think it's pretty obvious that whoever was in charge of this world event has never been involved in any of the other world events. And if they were...wow.

I'm actually afraid of 1.10 and what terrible stuff it might bring, since apparently all the devs that know what they're doing are locked in a room working on Storm Legion.

X10. I agree fully. I gave up on the event half way and did like the swarm. Oh and the extra loot for addendum a friend? Didn't even know about that until I seen a post at the end of the fest. Not enough info and lack of rewards for the other players who were not involved in that
    Last edited by BlackZodiac; 07-27-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Soulwalker

Default I enjoyed Summerfest

I'm fairly new to RIFT, having joined in 1.7, but I thought Summerfest was a lot of fun. The quests were enjoyable, I liked having a reason to level fishing and survival, and the epic weapons / Aelfwar costume / assorted toys are great fun and easily achievable for a new player.

I know a lot of long-time players were unhappy with this event, but that actually has me excited. If Summerfest was a "failure", I can only imagine how fun previous holidays and events have been. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
    I'm fairly new to RIFT, having joined in 1.7, but I thought Summerfest was a lot of fun. The quests were enjoyable, I liked having a reason to level fishing and survival, and the epic weapons / Aelfwar costume / assorted toys are great fun and easily achievable for a new player.

I know a lot of long-time players were unhappy with this event, but that actually has me excited. If Summerfest was a "failure", I can only imagine how fun previous holidays and events have been. I can't wait!
    Relatively speak this event was not very good. Yes, past events have been awesome. Both in content and rewards.

In response to the thread title... No.

This event smacked of amateur design, when compared to the previous world events. The maze was a nice thought, but very poorly implemented. The quests were a headache, and again, I think that was due to poor implementation: lack of proper spawns, excessive quest goals... and the biggest thing in my mind: the fact that several things couldn't be collected by a party, and had to be done solo... this is a game that encourages group play, right?

The event lacked a certain something... what was it... oh yes! I remember now! Rifts!.... you know, that thing... that swirly thing in the sky- the thing the game is named after? All sarcasm aside, this event didn't center around rifts. While I understand the desire to get away from "stabby things", getting away from the basic founding concept of the gameplay seems disingenuous.

TL;DR
    Overall, I felt that the event was an exercise in frustration, poorly put together, and even more poorly executed.

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tram View Post
    shame, you missed out on 2 BiS essences for your calling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast