Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Question about "summer swarm" before I buy it.

Default Question about "summer swarm" before I buy it.

Anyone have a pic of vid of summer swarm before I buy it?

Is it one time use only or is it permanent on your account?

It lasts 5 minutes and has a 30 minute cooldown. Honestly, it's not that impressive. I just took this screenshot to show you.

Yeah, looks like there's nothing there.

Ascendant

Like most of the other things it's not very good. It's actually kind of hard to see . . . which could possibly be useful in certain scenarios I suppose.

Thanks to alts my main toon has pretty much all of the non-soulbound items, I could probably take a video if you like, but it essentially turns you in to a big pile of specs that kind of move around where you should be standing in a swarm like fashion.

General of Telara

Awww man, and I thought you were going to get transformed into something cool like a swarm of killer bees or something - meh, don't waste your time or money...

OK, ty. I was expecting more...think I'll pass.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Omni View Post
    OK, ty. I was expecting more...think I'll pass.
    NEVER expect the Spanish Inquisition... LMAO!! Yeah, common Trion... We have monsters, giant killer spiders, trolls, goblins, dragons, etc... and you want to give us a swarm of moths???? OH I'm scured... Let me hide my sweaters... ROFLMMFAO!!! major /facepalm...
    Last edited by SanguineDeath; 07-24-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Like most of the rewards in this game it is plain useless

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Polynikes View Post
    Like most of the rewards in this game it is plain useless
    Well, I found some of the rewards VERY rewarding to be honest. When we had the piņata thing going on. I farmed the living hell out of them and got so many of those do-dad thingies that dropped out of them that all of my toons have that encrusted whatever thing-a-ma-jingy that gives you +20 water resist and can fill it up with 4 major and 4 minor Rift crystal thingies... I got cool pets I love my pets and mounts but got cool pets from previous world events. Plus some other nice stuff fell out too. So not all the crap that Trion rewards us with is totally useless although I have noticed, for whatever the reason may or may not be, as of late that there's a "reduction" in quality. Is it just me that sees this? Maybe Trion is focusing more on the xpan but if so, don't just throw us crap in the mean time... I like this game and expect the same lvl of quality that I'm used to.

I have noticed it too. Right now all I am doing in Rift is just leveling some alts to 50 and waiting on the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by SanguineDeath View Post
    So not all the crap that Trion rewards us with is totally useless although I have noticed, for whatever the reason may or may not be, as of late that there's a "reduction" in quality. Is it just me that sees this? Maybe Trion is focusing more on the xpan but if so, don't just throw us crap in the mean time... I like this game and expect the same lvl of quality that I'm used to.
    +1

if you use the summer swarm first and then the tropical sunscreen (think it was that one, that lights you up) they stack, so you become a big ball of light with tiny moths flying around it, not sure being able to stack those was intended or not

Quote Originally Posted by Moloch View Post
    if you use the summer swarm first and then the tropical sunscreen (think it was that one, that lights you up) they stack, so you become a big ball of light with tiny moths flying around it, not sure being able to stack those was intended or not
    Now I'd buy that for a dollar. No I wouldn't.

Interesting though, I will have to try that on one of my event item mules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Ok wow I just had to bleach my eyeballs and spray febreze on my brain, thanks.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Moloch View Post
    That's interesting, I wonder if it all stacks with the ginormous pill and fury of the ascended so you become a huge shielded ball of light with giant moths . . . time to test that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    That's interesting, I wonder if it all stacks with the ginormous pill and fury of the ascended so you become a huge shielded ball of light with giant moths . . . time to test that one.
    haha, was thinking the same thing maybe combine it with that soup from one of the previous events and/or the crafted drink to make you even bigger, and maybe even that food that turned you into a huge troll
    Last edited by Moloch; 07-24-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Ascendant

No luck, One of them overwrites the enlarge pills . . . but you can stuff fury and be a glowy ball of bees. If you zoom in real close they actually look more like bugs but I still think other things like the shanble stick are more fun and worth the bracelet.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast