Hello, Ive sucessfully patched the game and when I press the Play button a black screen appears over the window task bar. No video or menu appears, no error mensagge appears, just a black screen and the windows 7 taskbar.
The following processes of Rift are loaded while the black screen is on loading something:
This is my system information:Code:rift.exe rifterrorhandler.exe
Code:- Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits. (With all patches). - 4GB RAM DDR 3 1333Mhz - AMD Athlon 640 X4 - Gigabyte 890XA motheboard - ATI ASUS Radeon 4890 - Directx 11 and Directx9 both installed and running perfectly.
Ive tried the following but still no success:
- Tested downgrading ATI driver from version 10.12 to 10.10 (Ive never installed CCC, only driver).
- Tested uninstalling the game and reinstalling to folder c:\rift (installed directx9 too).
- Tested using CCleaner, AtfCleaner, registry cleaner...
- Tested running the game/files with full rights to all users, editing the files and running all of them as an Administrator.
- Tested uninstalling Comodo Firewall
- Tested running the game in windows XP compatibility mode.
None of the above steps helped me, I still get the black screen with the cursor loading and nothing happens.
help is really appretiated, thanks.