Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Summerfest quests

Iri
    Champion

Default Summerfest quests

Hi, just wanted to leave some feedback. The quests for this event are awful. After spending several hours stalking different zones for magically disappearing quest items with dozens of possible locations, I've decided that I won't be participating in the event quests. Thanks for ensuring that I can at least get currency through regular Rift activities.

Quests require a little brain power and patience and people instantly give up...good on you

Rift Chaser

This is exactly how i feel. That said other quests are very decent, but scarlet reach and gloamwood make it impossible for rme to progress.

I did the fishing and the 10 poboy recipe easy my problem is that for Pete's sake I cant find the NPCs who should give you the challenges, also the rewards for all this hassle are not worth it.
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

Quote Originally Posted by Iri View Post
    Hi, just wanted to leave some feedback. The quests for this event are awful. After spending several hours stalking different zones for magically disappearing quest items with dozens of possible locations, I've decided that I won't be participating in the event quests. Thanks for ensuring that I can at least get currency through regular Rift activities.
    I think i waited at one spot for about 15mins to see the mushroom pop for the scarwood reach quests. Fairly short when compared to NPC spawn camping 24+ hours back in EQ1 for my cleric epic weapon quest chain. I truely did not know what people really meant about the WoW generation until this thread.

Thank you for sharing though
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

People need to stop treating the main Summerfest chains, the Scavenger Hunts, as dailies, they're designed to take a few days to do them, solo or group up, zerging around Telara with the "need to complete in one hour" will just frustrate you

Quote Originally Posted by Kantazo View Post
    I did the fishing and the 10 poboy recipe easy my problem is that for Pete's sake I cant find the NPCs who should give you the challenges, also the rewards for all this hassle are not worth it.
    theyre marked on the map, if youre tracking the quest

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kantazo View Post
    Open your quest log, select the scavenger hunt, click "Show on map" Viola! Arrows pointing to every one.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    People need to stop treating the main Summerfest chains, the Scavenger Hunts, as dailies, they're designed to take a few days to do them, solo or group up, zerging around Telara with the "need to complete in one hour" will just frustrate you
    This. Especially when the event has just started, so every zone and spawn point are inundated with everyone desperately looking for the same stuff. It's officially summertime, take the hint and chillax .

Quote Originally Posted by Luteuel View Post
    I think i waited at one spot for about 15mins to see the mushroom pop for the scarwood reach quests.
    That's interesting because people were ended up waiting for hours for them to pop on my server last night..

I found the area where they spawn, and got there just in time for a mushroom ring to disappear. I waited around for 2 hours after that and the same one never respawned.

I haven't ran around a zone looking for some mindless near impossible thing and sighed in frustration after the internet and 1 hour or crawling a zone yields nothing....since I played Everquest 2.

Worstplayerever@Faeblight. Guild <Dakkota>. Accepting deece pieces. I have sick PvP lewtz and stuff.

Soulwalker

For me the game is great without seasonal events.
    I spend enough time trying to get notoriety, rifts, dungeons, raids, skills etc...
    I decided to skip the summer event as well.

Iri
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Luteuel View Post
    I think i waited at one spot for about 15mins to see the mushroom pop for the scarwood reach quests. Fairly short when compared to NPC spawn camping 24+ hours back in EQ1 for my cleric epic weapon quest chain. I truely did not know what people really meant about the WoW generation until this thread.
    Yeah, I got the 2 AM calls to raid as well. But I don't play Rift to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iri View Post
    The scavenger hunts aren't all difficult, and are largely fun. The ones like Gloamwood should be fun. I wouldn't mind hunting all over the map, but I'm afraid I'll pass by the correct target because it doesn't look any different!

Here would be a cool idea for a forest quest...Will O' the Wisp. I know; I'm caught-up on the movie Brave. But that would just make...sense! Hunt all over for illusive Wisps that spawn in random spots (more than one at once!) - no looking up coordinates online. They could lead you to some mischief mayhaps...

Plane Touched

Default Trion has devolved into EQ1

People are camping mushroom spawning spots in Scarwood for hours on end hoping they are the first ones to mash their button and plant a tree. Sounds an awful lot like EQ camping only not quite as bad.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast