Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Known Issues - RIFT 1.9: CONQUEST

Maybe I'm overlooking something, but as far as I can tell there's no way to do Silverwood and Gloamwood Instant Adventures as a Defiant. Perhaps this is intended, but if so the achievements for IAs in those zones shouldn't be listed for Defiants, and they are. (And yes, that's without "Show all characters" checked.) And if intended, it kind of makes getting the opposite faction's IA artifacts interesting without trading...

And if you CAN do them as a Defiant, I'm clueless as going into the zones and mentoring to the proper level doesn't make it available in the IA window.

Also, I did the Jakub the Iron Tyrant Instant Adventure in Freemarch, and it never credited me for him on the Freemarch Advanced Adventurer achievement. I'm assuming this is because you don't actually kill him in the quest anymore.
    Last edited by Sonoko; 06-27-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    (V)    (V)
    ミ(◕‿◕。)彡

Also, umm, I found something that seems to have completely glitched out my character Sonoko on Wolfsbane.

I made a macro consisting of 25 lines of different levels worth of mentorlevel #, and spammed it a lot rapidly out of curiosity, just to see what would happen.

At first my character was completely lagged out, unable to use any ability or use items. After relogging onto my character, the screen just froze up for a few minutes before popping up a message about the server being unavailable, and it did this a few times in a row. Finally I got in, and my stats were what they are without planar attunement, and casting my buffs never actually gave me any buffs.

A lot of NPCs around the world are also missing for me, a lot of general population Moonshade/Silverwood mobs and the new event npcs in Meridian/Sanctum are the most obvious. A few times I've crashed near these missing NPCs, and choosing to send an error report and restart the client loaded back into these areas with the NPCs displaying, although they've since disappeared for me again. When the Moonshade NPCs in Timberveil showed for me after being MIA for a bit, attempting to interact with any of them gave me an Invalid Target error. Some NPCs in Moonshade and Silverwood that would render would aggro me as I run past, but then follow me without doing any damage whatsoever. On one occasion I was incapable of taking fall damage as well.

As far as I can tell, none of my alts on the same server have these issues, so it doesn't seem like I broke anything server-level... just my character.

Also, it's been like this for over an hour now. No idea if it's actually going to go away on its own like I figured it would. Maybe next server restart...
    (V)    (V)
    ミ(◕‿◕。)彡

Soulwalker

In guild tab unable to see people connected via "mobile".
    Show mobile is not working.
    Shadowblink
    R50 Defiant Rogue @Bloodiron - Dark Legion

Sword of Telara

Issues wiht 1.9,.

Conquest has a timer....I want to play when I want, not when the game lets me. Matches should start immediatly not on a 2hour cd.

IA shoud auto mentor you down from a list of zones you select, not having to mentor downfirst then select the IA

Suggestions:
    IA needs to be in more zones! its brilliant (dont nerf xp or drops just becuase its popular)

Mentoring should be complusory and automatic when a zone event starts, would completely remove the ability to hihg level zerg them before the lowbies can participate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by totinhas View Post
    but well, we couldnt play if the game load everyone on the screen, the lag and the low FPS would make it impossible
    I'm curious if allowing a toggle for all players to just appear as some generic looking NPC and not perform action animations would alleviate the fps issues.

The 2 hour conquest cooldown timer is a huge disappointment because it is working exactly as designed. Rather than leverage the existing queuing systems for warfronts and random instances, Trion beamed us back about 10 years and put in a hard coded timer, that arbitrarily declares "prime time" over at 9pm server time. Seriously?

What's really at play here? Is the feature still so sandbox it can't really be trusted in actual live use? Is the massive cooldown intended to slow consumption of the content, so as to extend subscription revenue? Has Trion lost key design, program management and development talent and consequently allowed a poor UX to go live?

The ultimate test of any gaming system should be fun. I managed to get into 4 matches yesterday in 10 hours of trying. Truly, deeply un-fun.
    Last edited by lunatuna; 06-28-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunatuna View Post
    The 2 hour conquest cooldown timer is a huge disappointment because it is working exactly as designed. Rather than leverage the existing queuing systems for warfronts and random instances, Trion beamed us back about 10 years and put in a hard coded timer, that arbitrarily declares "prime time" over at 9pm server time. Seriously?

What's really at play here? Is the feature still so sandbox it can't really be trusted in actual live use? Is the massive cooldown intended to slow consumption of the content, so as to extend subscription revenue? Has Trion lost key design, program management and development talent and consequently allowed a poor UX to go live?

The ultimate test of any gaming system should be fun. I managed to get into 4 matches yesterday in 10 hours of trying. Truly, deeply un-fun.
    Are you ******ed?

There has been posts on the Conquest timer: the timer scales due to how many are playing/queued for Conquest. The peak-time cooldown is MUCH lower than the off-peak time waits.

Sheesh, do people listen or just whine for the sake of being negative?!
    Shaedence - 60 Guardian Kelari Cleric - Threesprings (US-PvE)
    Azshlee - 51 Guardian Kelari Rogue - Threesprings (US-PvE)
    Faei - 51 Defiant Kelari Mage - Threesprings (US-PvE)
    Officer of <The Night Crew>

I would like to add a issue.
    The world event item that adds a visual effect to weapons does not have bows or guns on the list.
    It covers every weapon type BUT bows and guns!

Default this update bites

this is the worst updaste yet the mazes are to close and you cant see where you are and the stuff you added is for seven year old kids, come on rift you better do better then that , 9/10's of your players are adults "NOT KIDS!". and the 60 lev is a no show as well as the fourth soul , way to build hipe, for a huge dissapointment, big time update bust, try harded next time lol, but i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaedence View Post
    There has been posts on the Conquest timer: the timer scales due to how many are playing/queued for Conquest. The peak-time cooldown is MUCH lower than the off-peak time waits.!
    This is factually incorrect. The timer does not scale, it is set hard-code to a lower wait time during historical "peak" hours. There is no reactive component whatsoever.

I was unable to get into an 8:30pm-ish server time match last night because all 3 factions were FULL. When the match ended around 9:00pm server time, the timer till the next match was 2 hours.

Bottom line, I am really disappointed in Trion. For the past year plus, they have been a leader in innovative game system and user experience design. Many PTS testers reported Conquest was great fun even with small team sizes. The cooldown timer is unnecessary. I can think of many better alternative solutions to this poor design.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by deadbudah View Post
    this is the worst updaste yet the mazes are to close and you cant see where you are and the stuff you added is for seven year old kids, come on rift you better do better then that , 9/10's of your players are adults "NOT KIDS!". and the 60 lev is a no show as well as the fourth soul , way to build hipe, for a huge dissapointment, big time update bust, try harded next time lol, but i doubt it.
    You are aware this was 1.9 and not the next expansion, right?

Of course there's no level 60, because it wasn't ANNOUNCED FOR THIS PATCH.

On Topic though: I played a match of conquest and wasn't rewarded with any prestige or extra marks as the losing team, whereas my friend was.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphrenic View Post
    You are aware this was 1.9 and not the next expansion, right?
    It does not appear he was

Oh by the way, it's possible to use a modified version of the mentorlevel bug I talked about that completely glitched out my character to join Freemarch Instant Adventures as level 50.

But maybe its just my imagination cause the Senior GM who replied to my petition about it told me to /reloadui and Repair my client in the patcher, so its totally not a real actual bug caused by being able to run hundreds to thousands "mentorlevel" commands on the server in rapid succession.

Oh well.
    (V)    (V)
    ミ(◕‿◕。)彡

Soulwalker

Default Combat Text

Since the patch, I have noticed some changes in my combat window.

Previously, damage done TOO players was blue
    Damage taken FROM players was red
    Now all damage is red.

There are a couple other changes, but this one bugs me the most.

I dont see any options to change the color of damage take versus damage done.
    It seems that all damage abilities, whether dealt or received, is considered as "bad" in the combat window display options.

I liked it much better before.

Anyone else experiencing this? Or perhaps know how to change it?
    Last edited by Thuhdood; 06-29-2012 at 04:36 AM.

Soulwalker

I'm just gonna get straight to the point, almost all of my abilities have had their damgae cut down to half. I was playing on Wednesday and my Bolt of Judgement hit for about 240 now it's at about 120. My bolt of Depravity hit for about 320 now it's at 200. This happened between Wednesday night and this morning. I already checked my mentoring level and tried relogging. Anyone else have this problem or atleast know whats going on?

Edit: I fixed it by removing Mien of Aggression then rebuffing lol
    Last edited by Edgecut; 06-29-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast